It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying By Black Hole

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
So you fall, leap, take a wrong turn into a black hole...

Time would pass normally for you; about 16 seconds apparently until you are spaghetti. Whether or not that’s 16 seconds of pain, or 15 seconds of “Oh, is that it?”, until your suddenly and unceremoniously spaghettied in the final moment... Don’t know!

As for the notion of time slowing and stopping, that’s how it looks to someone observing from outside of the hole. You’d appear frozen in time on the verge of plunging into the darkness, having becoming very red-shifted.

The math goes that from the black hole traveller’s POV light would be so curved by gravity that you’d see the surrounding universe in one go - a 360 degree view. However, that would shrink over the 16 seconds to a sphere and finally a point off light, becoming increasingly blue-shifted until it’s snuffed out as you’re spaghettied.

That point of light extinguishing is in fact the end of the universe; you’re 16 seconds is relative to time outside of the black hole. From the outside it takes an Infinite amount of time for you to disappear inside, therefore the universe has met it’s fate in the meantime.

That last part is the most speculative and this is all gleaned from YouTube, so make of that what you will, but nothing therein jumps out as BS (Cue Phage telling me why it’s BS 🥴)

As for the whole of our universe being inside a black hole (as someone suggested above)...

If I recall the university of YouTube sofa-lecture I attended over my cornflakes the other morning, it’s got something to do with Simulation Theory and information that’s been sucked into a black hole being ‘projected’ onto the event horizon.

If that’s the spooky truth it makes us ghosts repeating a dance our material selves once made before being swallowed an deconstructed into bare bones info. So I’ve typed this before and you’ve read this before and you’re now thinking “That’s 5 minutes of my life i’m not getting back” for the second time. Well, in that case i humbly apologise for the second time.

edit on 20-8-2019 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Its actually weirder than most people understand.

If we ignore the radiation and gravitational shredding, the person falling into a black hole will experience nothing special and pass right in.
To an observer on the outside the person falling towards the black hole will seem to come to a standstill at the boundary.

Both solutions are valid and will therefore happen.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Theory is a person could not survive, shred you a part blah blah blah....

My question is would it really be that bad. Seems like it would be over in less than a second once past the event horizon.
What is so awful about dying in less than a second. Doesn't seem like a bad way to say sayonara amigos.

Am I missing something?

Well, if the black hole is spinning fast enough it could form a ring from the centrifugal force pushing against the gravity. In theory if you traveled through the ring you would be unharmed and would end up in another dimension.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Theory is a person could not survive, shred you a part blah blah blah....

My question is would it really be that bad. Seems like it would be over in less than a second once past the event horizon.
What is so awful about dying in less than a second. Doesn't seem like a bad way to say sayonara amigos.

Am I missing something?

I'm speculating that the black hole would find your body parts indigestible...while puttting you on a ride around the accretion disc; and eventually spat out by one of the polar jets at near the speed of light.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

If the black hole is large enough you wouldn't feel anything as you approached and then crossed the event horizon and could possibly live out your entire life before encountering the singularity at its center.

Here's a good article on the subject.

edit on 20-8-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Well. if you came in a bit off-center, you would enter a spiral orbit around the singularity. So falling in would not necessarily be quick.

As you orbited at high velocity, before you reached the event horizon, tidal gravitational forces would affect your body and you would be ripped apart and you would begin to heat up. At some stage, these forces would overcome the chemical bonds between the molecules that make up your body and you would be torn apart into a spiral stream of atoms.

Due to extreme time dilation, from the outside universe, you would appear to proceed slower and slower as your bits approached the event horizon. From the perspective of your dead body parts, the outside universe would run faster and faster and you'd hypothetically probably get to watch the entire history of the universe play out as you entered the event horizon (but you'd actually already be dead). Who knows, perhaps a spirit or soul would survive death but still remain trapped in the gravitational well?

On the other side of the event horizon, who knows what would happen or really what it would be like. Definitely, it would only occur near the end (in time) of the universe, anyway, and you'd be long dead.

edit on 20/8/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
infinity or nothing

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just to add a little humor.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thetruthreleased
infinity or nothing

Good post
To anyone observing outside of the Event Horizon , one would be exactly as they were when they crossed the Event Horizon.
For eternity.
So as it is theorized.

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I thought I always heard that you'd be crushed, not torn apart, in a black hole?

Anyhow, assuming it's a fast death, then sure it sounds like a good way to go. Just program your spaceship toward the black hole, then take some sleeping pills so you'll make sure to be asleep, and then you should die instantly in your sleep.

However then your spirit might be confused / disoriented when you're floating around inside the black hole lol

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You will jumanji

top topics

<< 1   >>

join