It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supersonic business jet to enter into service by 2025 - are you EXCITED?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If you didn't know about it before (this isn't new news), here's a refresher.

The Aerion AS2:

Boeing joins with Aerion to bring world's first supersonic business jet to market

Boeing has entered the race to build the next generation of supersonic commercial aircraft, announcing a new partnership with Aerion. Though few details were given, the new agreement includes a "significant investment" by Boeing and will see the aerospace giant providing engineering, manufacturing and flight test facilities for the development of Aerion's AS2 supersonic business jet.

The aerospace field took a significant step backwards when the Concorde supersonic airliner retired from service in 2003. Since that time, no aircraft has appeared to replace it, but there have been significant technological developments over the decades since Concorde was built, as well as changes in attitudes toward supersonic flight that promise a new age of commercial faster-than-sound flight that will be more economical and environmentally friendly.

And the highlighted section:

One significant player in the race to build the first Son of Concorde is the Reno, Nevada-based Aerion, which is developing a 12-passenger business jet that can fly at Mach 1.4 (1,038 mph, 1,671 km/h) using a GE Affinity engine, but with a significantly reduced sonic boom thanks to an advanced fuselage design. If things go according to schedule, the AS2 could fly by 2023 and enter service in 2025 to become the world's first supersonic business jet.

The $120 Million Supersonic Jet: Aerion AS2

Are you excited?! Paris to Washington in three and a half hours? Vancouver to London in under 4 and a half hours. LA to Sydney journey time cut down to 9 or 10 hours (refuelling accounted for).

Whadya think?!
edit on 19-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think I will never travel on one. No, I'm not excited at all.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Are you financially challenged...or just scared?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

LOL, what's the cost per ticket?

(hint- if you don't know, your post will look pretty stupid.)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It depends. What's your destination and what is your departure airport? Are you leasing the entire jet or just one seat? What time are you travelling?

(hint - if you didn't already consider all of this, your post will look pretty stupid.)

Checkmate.

edit on 19-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The rest of the Americans and I have so much extra money lying around, this is exactly what we've been waiting for!

Pretty sure this is news for the top 1%.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

I find that to be an amazingly stupid question. From your last two threads you seem to be obsessed with fast airplanes. Not everyone is.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

It depends. What's your destination and what is your departure airport? Are you leasing the entire jet or just one seat? What time are you travelling?

(hint - if you didn't already consider all of this, your post will look pretty stupid.)

Checkmate.

from RDU to Tokyo, 1 seat. go

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I find that to be an amazingly stupid question. From your last two threads you seem to be obsessed with fast airplanes. Not everyone is.

You could be rich or wealthy for all I know. What - you think wealthy folks don't use the internet? That wealthy folks don't also dabble in conspiracy theories and the like? That wealthy folks don't lurk around ATS and/or post?

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Checkmate.

Please be patient. Aerion AS2 enters into full service by 2025. Ticket prices and set destinations are currently unavailable and will be announced nearer to launch of Aerion AS2 business jets.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Reduced sonic boom?

Hopefully they get it down to below levels needed to fly overland. Otherwise it will only be allowed to fly overland and normal speeds.

It's a very nice looking jet.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
The rest of the Americans and I have so much extra money lying around, this is exactly what we've been waiting for!

Pretty sure this is news for the top 1%.

Right ?
It's only 120 million. We could go halfs. Pretty sure I can dig 60 mil outta the petty cash.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Checkmate.

Please be patient. Aerion AS2 enters into full service by 2025. Ticket prices and set destinations are currently unavailable and will be announced nearer to launch of Aerion AS2 business jets.

then how the # do you get off challenging someone on their income? when you have a clue, let us know.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Checkmate.

then how the # do you get off challenging someone on their income? when you have a clue, let us know.

Will do. Watch this space!

By 2025, it'll be breakfast in Paris and dinner in Vegas.

new topics

top topics

join