It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread power outages in multiple Texas cities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: smurfy

July was the hottest month on record for the world since recording.

Grids have already been strained, so if wind is low and they effects a segment of energy production, no matter how mall... It could domino.

Wind would attribute to heat dissipation or the lack there of, no?

Keep in mind, the Texas power grid is isolated to that state, whereas the other 2 parts cover the expanse of continental US and Canada.

Not to disprove your point. Just food for thought.

I am aware of that,
Though record global temperatures, (the world as you say) are not something I could easily comply with..weather is weather, and it's different all over the world at any given time...July 2019 was no different in that respect.

So you're familiar with Texas being incredibly hot this time of year, thus drawing more from the grid.

That's the easiest explication. Your theory on corporate exploitation is along the lines of probability with a hack. We can't rule them out, but I think hot months are a more likely explanation.

Plus, you aren't in the mercy of customers when your service is disrupted. It would be easier to pass on price hikes by saying overload, but we've allocated additional resources to ensure continued power.... Would be my approach.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Took a look at the Eastman plant at 300 Kodak Blvd. in Longview, TX on Google Earth. Is this chemical company in the middle of a swamp or lake?

I spent at least a half hour looking at that plant on GE. It is pretty interesting. Lot of pipes, trains, dirt/mud and I guess water (or more dirt?).

Is that water in the middle of the pic below?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

In some places, my state for example, rather than going through the motion to get permission to raise rates, they started delivery charges. Slick idea.....so slick the gas company started doing the same.
And the charges can and do rise with use.

Yeah, wind is only as good as the what is happening....some days around us there is nothing happening.
But, I imagine if you were on the east shore of a big lake, you could get an almost constant wind.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I wonder if it is connected to low winds?
Seems like there have been ongoing outages, due to high demand in the heat.
Power plant outages, low wind puts Texans on high alert to conserve power
Thursday, August 15, 2019

Isn't that what Trump said, and was lambasted for, that you can't watch TV if the wind isn't blowing?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
TVEC restores power to northeast Texas after 3-hour outage affects 100,000 people

All lost electrical power is now restored in northeast Texas after Trinity Valley Electric Cooperative transmission grid issues Sunday night resulted in power outages for more than 100,000 people around 6 p.m., according to TVEC.

Good to hear.

I am sure a lot of Texans are happy to have the power back on.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I am sure a lot of Texans are happy to have the power back on.

I always am. And I'm not a Texan.

*lights come on*, "yea!"

edit on 8/18/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I always am. And I'm not a Texan. *lights come on*, "yea!"

That's good to hear too.

Most people just take it for granted that the lights will come on when they flip the switch.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

I wonder if it is connected to low winds?
Seems like there have been ongoing outages, due to high demand in the heat.
Power plant outages, low wind puts Texans on high alert to conserve power
Thursday, August 15, 2019

I took my kid to Texas Tech today (Lubbock), and I can tell you the thousands of wind farms we passed were spinning like crazy. Me and the wife were discussing who actually gets serviced by them. ??we dunno??

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

??we dunno??

Probly not too difficult to find out.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Think its bad now? Wait until the Uniparty takes over!
MAKE TEXAS BLUE AGAIN

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join