It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my great great(x3) grandmother was convicted and burned as a witch

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   
With all the DNA and ancestry stuff going around it has gotten very easy to find long lost family members and your families history.

well as it turns out someone in my family did TONS of research and found our family members all the way back to some of the first people in america.

Apparently my family member searched the census's to track our history and there is an actual news article they found of the story of my Great(x3) grandmother gave birth and shortly after that(a few years) was tried as a witch and burned

its crazy to think i wouldn't exist if they had gotten to her before giving birth.

I have had some pretty wild close encounters with orange orbs flowing me a few feet down a dark path when camping to ufo's and 'sleep paralysis ' thats so bad i take medication(adderall and klonopin) and had a very very through mental and physical examination where i was found to be very normal other than my strange experiences.

people close to me have also seen strange things like shadow people standing in bedroom doors and disintegrate to seeing a few rather close ufo's so i know we're not ALL crazy.

my sister has had some strange things happen and has seen a very dramatic UFO with me

i wonder if my family history has anything to do with that.

granted the witch trials were not the most just courts by a long shot and most of the time accusations of someone being a witch was used to remove them from their area or even have them killed. Even being a outspoken woman could get you accused of being a witch so who really knows what was going on.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Do you know how did it? Payback is a beotch!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

We might be related, your story sounds almost identical to my families.

Our family name goes back to Europe and our last name was that of witches and warlocks.
Apparently we can automatically join a coven today, with our last name or something like that.

The more I read about witches/warlocks it appears they were really medicine men/women.
The area my family came from are known to have some of the most beautiful people on earth. (maybe jealousy
caused some of the witch burnings?)
To this day many people in my family have a deep interest or practice natural medicine.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

i have grown and used allot of plant medicines myself(fungal and plant) so that's pretty funny you mention that.

i do believe a lot of people were done away with for various reasons with accusations of be being a witch but the small bit i was able to read didn't say who or what caused them to accuse my family member of being a witch and i think that would have been the most interesting bit.

i wonder if joining a coven as a family member of a witch executed for being a witch would get you allot of credit, but i fear most witches nowadays are just wannabes

i imagine many of us here may have been called witches or warlocks than for our views today.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I knew there was something about you

Well, was she one?
Did she obtain power from the dark side?

My family was like royalty in Turkey. Grandpa was born at the base of Ararat. His dad was a partyer, and his parents arranged a marriage and made him marry my great grandma. We didn't believe in anything, religion wise.
Through a chain of events we left just in time, and came here. Everyone who stayed was murdered. 1.5 million people.
I checked the 1920 census, and only 4 families with our last name made it here. We are Armenian, but my great grandmothers uncle was best friends with the Mullah (like a king),very close, and he was made Minister of Finance of Turkey. He was Hagop Kazazian Pascha. Its all on Wikipedia.

Don't let the past get you down

I might tell you a secret some time

edit on 17-8-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Apparently my family member searched the census's to track our history and there is an actual news article they found of the story of my Great(x3) grandmother gave birth and shortly after that(a few years) was tried as a witch and burned

Burning of witches in America was very rare, if it happened at all. Hanging was the preferred method in the colonies.

Great great great grandmother? That's 5 generations ago? 100 - 120 years ago?
edit on 8/17/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

What year was she burned at the stake ? 😧

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Burning of witches in America was very rare, if it happened at all. Hanging was the preferred method in the colonies.

Great great great grandmother? That's 5 generations ago? 100 - 120 years ago?

More then that. My grandfather was born in 1900

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

And his father, your great grandfather around 1870'ish?
And his father, your great great grandfather around 1840'ish?
And his father, your great great great grandfather around 1810'ish?

That's 180 years or so ( I forgot how old I am). That's about right, my great(3x) grandfather was born in 1815. Not very close to the good old days in Salem.

But, an ancestor of mine was tried for witchcraft too. She wasn't one though. In any case, the genes have been thinned out quite a lot since then.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I have a distant relative around the same time that was hung for horse stealing.

I think maybe he was cursed by a witch instead. . .

I'm contacting my lawyer. . .

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

im not going to lie, i just guessed how many grandmothers as its a strange measure of time for me. but it happened in the early 1700's i was only one generation off.
edit on 17-8-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
My great-great-grandfather was a witch doctor. True story.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Nope. One more generation would be around the beginning of the 19th century/end of the 18th.

And witches weren't burned in the colonies, they were hung.

We have family documents that go back that far. Including an announcement for a cash bounty on indian scalps. Seems it was the colonists who invented that practice.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, at least your great grandmotherx3 probably wasn't a slave owner if she was burned as a witch. Does that make you feel a little better?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
My great-great-grandfather was a witch doctor. True story.

playback.fm...

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

true enough, my dad showed me the stuff after dinner on anstery.com so i dont have all the details but ill ask him for the artical he showed me and but im not going to put the chart up as it uses real names so youll just have to trust me
but ill be happy to ask him for the article link

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

No need for the chart.

I think that after all those generations the witchy genes would have been highly diluted anyway.

But that old family history is fascinating if nothing else. For example, I've discovered that I share my surname with many blacks (one of whom is currently a playwright of some renown) indicating slave ownership along the way, while on the other side of the family there is a highly prominent abolitionist.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I've heard that refrain before but I could swear it was with completely different verses.

(Oo Eeee, oo ah-ahhhh, ting, tang, walla walla bing bang)
edit on 17/8/2019 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

I've heard that refrain before but I could swear it was with completely different verses.

(Oo Eeee, oo ah-ahhhh, ting, tang, walla walla bing bang)

I don't have speakers so I couldn't listen to it to tell if it was the one with the Oo Eeee like you said. I guess I should have known better than throw my speaker system away before having new ones.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Witch doctors aren't actually witches.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join