It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Is Disgusting!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: Secretrooster

After your saying: "CNN’s headline is based on fact" and "For years and years the media ignored minorities"...I was supposed to assume you were being SERIOUS?

Oh, my.

I guess you can’t handle facts that don’t fit into your narrow point of view. And here I thought the left were the snow flakes?

Headline was factual. I also stand by my statement. Minorities, until recent years, have been underrepresented in the media since it’s beginning. Not just underrepresented but also portrayed in a racists manner. These are facts. Don’t be too triggered by them.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The headline is a lie designed to make you think a white guy who grew up in Memphis TN did this shooting.

WHAT level of total stupidity does it require to believe that CNN is truthful?

Can you take a picture of yourself and post it here. I want to see what people look like who believe CNN as truth?

Better off reading National Enquirer at this point. Who would have predicted that fact?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: IAMTAT

I think you're totally over reacting here dude. Naming the race of the offender (or victim) has been a thing in the US media ever since I even began reading news... It's in no way solely a CNN trait.

You've probably only noticed CNN doing it now, because Trump told you its fake news and your picking though there news stories with a confirmation bias.

Except they only do it when it furthers their agenda of inflaming racial tensions. If they name the race of the offender why didn't they here?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I think you're totally over reacting here dude. Naming the race of the offender (or victim) has been a thing in the US media ever since I even began reading news... It's in no way solely a CNN trait.

You've probably only noticed CNN doing it now, because Trump told you its fake news and your picking though there news stories with a confirmation bias.

Except they only do it when it furthers their agenda of inflaming racial tensions. If they name the race of the offender why didn't they here?

They stated the offenders name (clearly of middle eastern descent) and had a picture of him in the article, so it wasn't exactly like they were hiding the ethnicity of the offender.

Besides, it doesn't take a huge leap of the imagine to assume that this incident was in fact race related, and therefore emphasizing the kids race was entirely relevant to the report.

I mean, the guy shot the kid over a beer, then came back to the shop and just shrugged it off like it was nothing. Didn't even bother calling the police, ambulance or nothing... just let the kid slowly bleed out.

So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there's obviously an extremely high probability that this guy had an extremely low opinion of black people in general.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
The headline is a lie designed to make you think a white guy who grew up in Memphis TN did this shooting.

WHAT level of total stupidity does it require to believe that CNN is truthful?

Can you take a picture of yourself and post it here. I want to see what people look like who believe CNN as truth?

Better off reading National Enquirer at this point. Who would have predicted that fact?

“A black teen ran out with a $2 beer. Then a Tennessee store clerk followed him and shot him dead”

Where is the lie?
I’ll admit that it’s sensationalized, but where is the lie?

I don’t watch CNN or any MSM so you’re barking up the wrong tree.
edit on 18-8-2019 by Secretrooster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The whole MSM thing of incessantly focusing on racial division is stupid and it only serves to keep people riled up.

For what ends? A race war in America?

People are not going to get a race war, or anything else by the use of violence. What they are going to get is another Kent State.

History repeats itself. You can almost bet on this one... if the national guard ever gets called in like they did at Kent State, history repeating itself is a very likely scenario. I could post numerous great links to read about or refresh people's memories...why bother...most have long forgotten or Kent State was before their time.

It would actually make en excellent thread to discuss what happened at Kent State with the building violence in today's protests...it's going down a deadly road.

My two cents.

edit on 18-8-2019 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Leaked NYT employee footage shows them saying now that Russia is over with they need to find new divisive topics to cover.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I used race war as a metaphor.

It doesn't matter what they get people riled up for. At some point, it will reach the tipping point and people will react. If they choose to react violently in sufficient numbers, all it takes is one spark before multiple people die by being shot by police/national guard.

We are not there yet.....but it sure looks that's the direction the car is being drove.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

They have to create hate and division because there won't be any for them to report on every day if they don't.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

They have to create hate and division because there won't be any for them to report on every day if they don't.

CNN is a 'Hate' Vampire...and it Sucks!
edit on 18-8-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Is it odd to you they don't name both parties races if they are going to the trouble of telling us one? What does it add to include the race of just one? I say it adds a bias.

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Did anyone notice that gender was absent from the descriptions? It is all good to point out race, either one way or another, but heaven forbid we assume gender. There are so many of them after all.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I guess you don't pay attention. Whenever the offender is black, that part is almost NEVER mentioned. Nice try though.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You should be dealing with the story itself, instead of this excuse to bash CNN once again...you should be lucky that an international news service is giving you a story that might otherwise have never left the near neighbourhood, in the same way that they report every story, and that includes the antics of the big fart.
edit on 19-8-2019 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Horrible story reported by CNN today.
It seems a teenager was shot dead by a store clerk after the boy stole a can of beer.

HERE is CNN's first paragraph in the story:

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

As I said...a tragic story about an awful event.
The boy should never have been killed for stealing a beer.
It's hideously unfair...and it shows a disgusting lack of humanity and judgement from the store clerk responsible for killing this young man.

This is a tragic story anyone should be upset about.

THIS, however, is CNN's headline:

A black teen ran out with a $2 beer. Then a Tennessee store clerk followed him and shot him dead

www.msn.com... cid=spartanntp

THIS CNN HEADLINE, however, is what I am actually ranting about.

WHY is it necessary...in fact, WHY is it apparently of the utmost importance to highlight the race of the young man by giving it premier placement in the headline?

The young man's race has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this tragic event...yet, CNN went out of it's way to inflame racial angst and gain additional clicks by highlighting that this boy was "black".

The store clerk's (Anwar Ghazali) race is NOT highlighted in the story... but the young man's race IS.

Yet, CNN is counting on nobody reading beyond it's muck-raking and inflammatory headline...and assuming this was just another senseless, white-on-black, race-related, killing.

I'm no fan of CNN, to begin with...but THIS is a clear-cut case of CNN selectively highlighting the victim's race simply to inflame anger and racial division for the sake of it's own financial gain.

CNN is worse than FAKE News...it's A$$HOLE News!

This is a sad story all around. The jury certainly made the right call... AND, I suspect there is a lot more to this story than meets the eye.

IN FACT, national media RARELY shares the race of a perpetrator in media accounts.

It is a matter of policy, and if you spend a little time looking, you will find they share a general description, and that's it. SOME outlets may share photographs, and it becomes more apparent the race of those involved.

I think it's "race-washing", but we are WAY past the time that news media actually reports hard news.

Now, playing devils advocate a bit here, in the urban core the number one cause of death for blacks, is black on black violence. The reasons for this are complicated... but skin color is NOT one of them, on it's face.

The reasons are much more complicated, but there are plenty of bigots out there that will use simple actuarial data to beat the drum of bigotry, and sell their hate to low information people with their own axes to grind.

There is an "approved woke narrative" around race and crime... so if you are white, and find yourself in a blighted inner city area that even cops avoid, and you are afraid... the "woke" narrative is you are a racist.

Bottom line... the Corporate Information Industries and the power brokers control America, it's ideas and it's conversations. Conflict, dirty laundry, and "if it bleeds it leads" is the coin of the realm.

They make money... and they keep hucksters and carpet baggers in positions of power for promised access.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It seems a teenager was shot dead by a store clerk after the boy stole a can of beer.

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

It's hideously unfair...and it shows a disgusting lack of humanity and judgement from the store clerk responsible for killing this young man.

A black teen ran out with a $2 beer. Then a Tennessee store clerk followed him and shot him dead

WHY is it necessary...in fact, WHY is it apparently of the utmost importance to highlight the race of the young man by giving it premier placement in the headline?

The young man's race has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this tragic event...yet, CNN went out of it's way to inflame racial angst and gain additional clicks by highlighting that this boy was "black".

The store clerk's (Anwar Ghazali) race is NOT highlighted in the story... but the young man's race IS.

Yet, CNN is counting on nobody reading beyond it's muck-raking and inflammatory headline...and assuming this was just another senseless, white-on-black, race-related, killing.

I'm no fan of CNN, to begin with...but THIS is a clear-cut case of CNN selectively highlighting the victim's race simply to inflame anger and racial division for the sake of it's own financial gain.

come on rightie. Fox does the same thing. But yes, it is sad a precious life is lost over 2 dollars any color race he was just a dumb kid who wanted to drink and have some fun. God knows the world is crappy enough we gotta numb ourselves from it every once in awhile. I mean the owner of the store needs to make a profit to live and survive, but killing a teenager for a beer was way overboard. As for them mentioning what color the victim was? Fox and every news channel mentions what color they are, and what ideology they talking about. It's the media. They all in some way have their own agenda and are owned by rich oligarchs which is the real enemy to this country. You guys haven't even taken the blue pill. You're still sheeple. The rich uses the media to divide to folks in america, fight among ourselves so we don't fight them. They been using this tactic for thousands of years. Whether it's racial divide, religious divide, etc. But it's rarely ever a divide between the wealthy and the poor. Deny all ignorance.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Did you forget every left leaning news outlet rush to declare George Zimmerman a white man when it helped sell the story? It's amazing how the media papered over that whole incident while they rail on Trump. Just a few years ago the left obviously thought Latinos and Whites are the same group.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: atlantiswatusi

Did you forget every left leaning news outlet rush to declare George Zimmerman a white man when it helped sell the story? It's amazing how the media papered over that whole incident while they rail on Trump. Just a few years ago the left obviously thought Latinos and Whites are the same group.

Do I even need to mention the central park five, that message he put out in the newspaper condemning them, and even though they were proved to BE innocent, he still they did it. You toss dirt on me, I toss a boulder on you. Deny all ignorance.
edit on 19-8-2019 by Nemox42 because: love made me do it

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nemox42

come on rightie. Fox does the same thing. Fox and every news channel mentions what color they are, and what ideology they talking about. It's the media. They all in some way have their own agenda and are owned by rich oligarchs which is the real enemy to this country.

Actually, FOX managed to report on the story WITHOUT mentioning ANYONE'S race.

Teen ran out with a $2 beer. Memphis store clerk followed him and shot him dead

fox2now.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It would be interesting (and time consuming and probably ultimately pointless) to do a statistical analysis of the headlines of the major news networks to determine their particularly audience-pandering slants.

Or you could do like me just never watch any of them so your blood don't get all angried up. News, schmews. Just try to keep in mind, "It doesn't really affect me personally."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join