It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Is Disgusting!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I'm with you on this.

I wish all headlines and articles would stop telling us the race, religion, politics, of the person.

It's not just cnn. All journalists do this. Like the main point of the story is some ones race, religion or political views when those things usually don't matter.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
They succeeded in getting you to click on the story AND share the story.

They are selling a product, you are buying it. And in this thread selling it for them for free.

It's a disgusting process for sure. Why would you engage in it?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted

They are selling a product, you are buying it. And in this thread selling it for them for free.

Because all the best promotion consists of talking about how the product is s#it!

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: Admitted

Because all the best promotion consists of talking about how the product is s#it!

In this case, yes. You've heard the saying, "no such thing as bad publicity"? It costs a person nothing but a bit of time to look. And CNN gets more clicks, more ad revenue, better numbers to better sell space to future advertisers.

It's a different sort of product than a car or a hamburger.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yeah, race has nothing to do with this event. The guy should not have shot anyone for just stealing a beer. They are just trying to get people fired up racially. I am glad that they found the guy guilty of murder.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Instead of CNN you might want to watch Andy and Opie or a Gunsmoke it will do wonders for the the ol blood pressure

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   
so why keep we calling cnn News ?

Is CNN news or not that's the question ?

edit on 8182019 by frenchfries because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
CNN Is Disgusting!

Dude, are you just now figuring that out?

:
edit on 2019 8 18 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Did they misrepresent the series of events?
Lie?

Race is almost always part of the details of a news story if it applies.
In this case the perp was a black male.

I know you know this already.
So I don't get this thread.

Or is it just a cheap shot at CNN?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm sorry?

Takes two to tango babe.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

It would probably not say that.
White is assumed. Thats not racist thats noticing reality as it is.
They only say the race if it is not white.
They also call out elderly...
A grandmother ran a traffic light and hit a boy on a bike in downtown Portland on Thursday night while returning home from bingo.
Or drunks...
An intoxicated man was charged with disorderly conduct at the YMCA on first street.
or they reveal your life details.
Mrs Amanda Green, a mother of three is suing the Staunton school board for failure to remove the gym teacher that beat her son.

Distinguishing traits are what flesh out the story and creates the picture the author wants to show.

edit on 8182019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Ok...they put the race of the boy who got shot in the headline, but didn't includs it in the body of the article (the first sentence, anyway). Is that normal? I don't honestly know, but I suspect it isn't. I do think that they are deliberately trying to whip people up.

Please, consider if they don't name a race it always means, brown person or immigrant of some kind. Every time they mention race it is to make you and me hate some person not like us. Every single time.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
By describing the shooter as "Tennessean" an unaware viewer might assume it was a white guy.

They know what they are doing...

DING DING ,,

clank..

Mic drop...................

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Horrible story reported by CNN today.
It seems a teenager was shot dead by a store clerk after the boy stole a can of beer.

HERE is CNN's first paragraph in the story:

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

As I said...a tragic story about an awful event.
The boy should never have been killed for stealing a beer.
It's hideously unfair...and it shows a disgusting lack of humanity and judgement from the store clerk responsible for killing this young man.

This is a tragic story anyone should be upset about.

THIS, however, is CNN's headline:

A black teen ran out with a $2 beer. Then a Tennessee store clerk followed him and shot him dead

www.msn.com... cid=spartanntp

THIS CNN HEADLINE, however, is what I am actually ranting about.

WHY is it necessary...in fact, WHY is it apparently of the utmost importance to highlight the race of the young man by giving it premier placement in the headline?

The young man's race has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this tragic event...yet, CNN went out of it's way to inflame racial angst and gain additional clicks by highlighting that this boy was "black".

The store clerk's (Anwar Ghazali) race is NOT highlighted in the story... but the young man's race IS.

Yet, CNN is counting on nobody reading beyond it's muck-raking and inflammatory headline...and assuming this was just another senseless, white-on-black, race-related, killing.

I'm no fan of CNN, to begin with...but THIS is a clear-cut case of CNN selectively highlighting the victim's race simply to inflame anger and racial division for the sake of it's own financial gain.

CNN is worse than FAKE News...it's A$$HOLE News!

How do you know that the kids race wasn’t a factor?
You don’t. CNN’s headline is based on fact. What facts do you base your assumption on? None.

For years and years the media ignored minorities. Now they’ve focused on them. Seems like some people can’t handle the tables turning.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Secretrooster

It seems a teenager was shot dead by a store clerk after the boy stole a can of beer.

A jury found a grocery clerk guilty of killing a 17-year-old boy who ran out of the store with a beer he didn't pay for in Memphis, Tennessee, in a case that had sparked protests, authorities said.

It's hideously unfair...and it shows a disgusting lack of humanity and judgement from the store clerk responsible for killing this young man.

A black teen ran out with a $2 beer. Then a Tennessee store clerk followed him and shot him dead

WHY is it necessary...in fact, WHY is it apparently of the utmost importance to highlight the race of the young man by giving it premier placement in the headline?

The young man's race has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this tragic event...yet, CNN went out of it's way to inflame racial angst and gain additional clicks by highlighting that this boy was "black".

The store clerk's (Anwar Ghazali) race is NOT highlighted in the story... but the young man's race IS.

Yet, CNN is counting on nobody reading beyond it's muck-raking and inflammatory headline...and assuming this was just another senseless, white-on-black, race-related, killing.

I'm no fan of CNN, to begin with...but THIS is a clear-cut case of CNN selectively highlighting the victim's race simply to inflame anger and racial division for the sake of it's own financial gain.

You don’t. CNN’s headline is based on fact. What facts do you base your assumption on? None.

For years and years the media ignored minorities. Now they’ve focused on them. Seems like some people can’t handle the tables turning.

Thanks for weighing in, Fredo.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Admitted

All those things and it divides us too which is how you control a population. Keep us fighting each other instead of them

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Secretrooster

Thanks for weighing in, Fredo.

No reply? Just name calling? Lol pathetic.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

So if they don’t say the race than it’s assumed it’s white. That’s one of the most ignorant things I’ve heard you say , which is truly astounding. If they don’t tell you the race it’s tough to assume anything. You could guess by their name but that’d be tricky. Are you new ?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Secretrooster

After your saying: "CNN’s headline is based on fact" and "For years and years the media ignored minorities"...I was supposed to assume you were being SERIOUS?

Oh, my.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: KansasGirl

It would probably not say that.
White is assumed. Thats not racist thats noticing reality as it is.
They only say the race if it is not white.

Busted. They were not white, you assumed that.
It was a Muslim killing a Christian! Just speculation but sounds pretty accurate and inflammatory. Unless that’s the wrong side of their argument at CNN.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join