It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Easy Rider has Died , R.I.P Peter Fonda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Today comes the sad news that Peter Fonda has died aged 79 , star of the film that provided much of my soundtrack as I rode with the boys and for me epitomised life on two wheels in my biker days , ride hard live free.

Contrary to the drug-dealing Captain America he portrayed in Easy Rider, Fonda was truly one of us, not merely a celebrity who dabbled in motorcycles. He was inducted into the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame, not only for his work on Easy Rider but also for his motorcycle-related charity work. He has supported numerous charity fundraising events, including the Love Ride and the Easy Ride for Autism. In 1973 he appeared along with Evel Knievel in Not So Easy, a short training film advocating wearing proper gear and practicing safe riding techniques. This philosophy is common today but was somewhat rare in the early 1970s. Yet who was going to call Peter Fonda, of all people, a square for preaching safety?

"As I say, it’s the freedom," Fonda told the LA Times. "The road has no fences, and you’re out there and there’s no cars and no towns, you see eagles, you see all kinds of wildlife." Indeed, I've had very similar thoughts myself as I've recently started to leave the pavement behind and explore more remote places.

Let's all raise a glass of whatever tasty beverage you prefer and drink to the memory of a true motorcycle icon, both on and off the big screen.
www.rideapart.com...

RiP Brother.

edit on 17-8-2019 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
79 years is a pretty good ride.
RIP.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Really was a fan, until, he would spout so much political hatred!

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thats not so very good news today.. I always liked the Fonda's. Papa Henry, sis Jane and Peter.

R.I.P. Peter, say hello to your dad.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Really was a fan, until, he would spout so much political hatred!

IMHO the Fonda clan were not my cup of tea so to say. Saw E.R. my mom at a drivein since it was rated R and I was not of age.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Henry was ok, the rest of his kids runny flakes.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join