It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neodymium Magnets causing pain - no explanation found. So-called 'Smart Dust' perhaps?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Mods, please move if another forum would be more suitable, thanks.

Hi ATS,

This issue caused me significant confusion when it came up & I was unable to locate any mainstream papers discussing the phenomenon I experience with neodymium magnets.

Basically, my wife recently purchased a small wearable strap which can be put around the neck, intended to help with pain but not intended to cause any physical awareness of its presence. A silent operator. She used it & commented that it did indeed help with her pain, and that as per the instructions & information provided, no physical sense of its presence was detectable.

However, when I tried it on my arm to help with something like carpal tunnel syndrome (but in fact at the elbow joint, not the wrist), I found that yes, it did help with the pain. I found also that it cause intense 'heat' also, throughout the skin & upper centimetre or so of the flesh, which was accompanied by a sense of pain, akin to excessive pins & needles, but more like a TENs machine would elicit *I have used TENs machines often in recent years.

I was pleased that the pain had receded, and was curious about the intense but not altogether unpleasant side effects of pain & nerve stimulation with mild pain response. So I headed to faithful Google & began to search for information. And I searched quite a lot, but was unable to find anything which could explain my experience. I have tried the use of the band again more recently, experiencing the exact same effects. I began to wonder why I was unable to find anything regarding this pronounced effect, and ultimately gave up, baffled.

Then, I recalled an incident of childhood, in which I was injected with needles that were driven into the nerves of my left arm, just above the elbow joint, which were accompanied, understandably, by intense nerve pain in the three injection spots. I was at the time in a hypnogogic state, having been apparently transported from my bedroom in the night, only to be strapped to a dentist's chair & paralysed by some effect of a techniqu I can't recall. Totally paralysed, but able to see, to move my eyes, and to feel the intense pain which was being caused. Then, something was injected into my eyeball, with me going into unconsciousness just as the needles was piercing the eye.

In more recent times I searched diligently for the three injection scars, and despite scarring around that region caused by an accident as a teenager, I was able to find the scars. I am unable to attach a photo which shows the scars, because in more recent times I had an illness which caused some problems with my skin, and so two of the three scars from the injections, which had been in a straight line tracking the nerve, were covered over by a scar which arose from a wound on my arm, caused by the skin problem. I will try to find an old photo - it will depend on whether I can find my old login details for Evernote, where I originally stored the photo.

To this day though, if I scratch at that scarring, I suddenly receive bolts of full-on high nerve pain, or hyperalgesia along the full length of the forearm. Even a soft item like a sponge causes this intense nerve pain, and so I had speculated that perhaps the scarring had been created & used as a means of invisible torture for trauma programming. The scars on the outside of the arm seem to be connected by scarring which projects down into the flesh of the arm, somehow gripping the deep nerve fibre of the arms.

After recalling this matter, I began to wonder whether this set of five small neodymium magnets were having an effect in my body as another means of invisible torture, for example if this so-called 'smart dust' (which I haven't yet researched) were potentially capable of producing a pain effect when affected by strong magnetic fields, by causing the dust to move against the many tiny nerve fibres streaking throughout the tissue.

What d o you think ATS? I've deliberately left out the details of my very weird childhood & slightly less weird adulthood, simply to save space, but I can follow up with more details as required.

Many thanks,

FITO

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Many chemtrails in your area, or a nearby military air base, you should let someone else in your area try putting strong magnets on their body, perhaps its a area thing, could be in the water.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

However, when I tried it on my arm to help with something like carpal tunnel syndrome (but in fact at the elbow joint, not the wrist)

The question is , was the device made for "something like carpal tunnel syndrome" ?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Allegedly yes, it is made to help with all sorts of pain. However, I've been unable to find any information on the web which discusses this tingling, pain & heat phenomenon when using the magnets. Indeed, there is nothing in either the popular press, science press, academia, and so on - certainly not at the first five searches that I completed. It seems to be an anomalous effect - my wife didn't experience it either.

To the other poster, yes, we have a lot of the so-called chemtrails in my area, but I figured that if that were to be the cause, then many other people would report these symptoms, and perhaps my wife too. Due to the unusual events of my life (which seems to have been carefully choreographed when I was very young, with connections to the military & the realm of the spooks, plus DUMBs & alleged underground tunnels), I suspected that, in tandem with my weird hypnogogic event as described in the OP, my nervous system may have been tampered with. I have a health condition which causes severe pain throughout my body, but I dtill can't understand how strong magnetic fields exacerbate the pain. The term used to describe feeling pain when no pain should be [resemt is allodynia, which I struggle with a lot - but for megnetic fields to affect it is something not apparently known to science, as far as I can tell.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Hmm... Cheap chinese magnets that contain irritants/harmful chemicals?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Perhaps search for articles in JAMA. Journal of the American Medical Association

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

What d o you think ATS? I've deliberately left out the details of my very weird childhood & slightly less weird adulthood, simply to save space, but I can follow up with more details as required.

Weird childhood details are always welcomed at ATS and the weirder the better!!

Perhaps their is a correlation with your current situation and your less weird adulthood.

edit on 17-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thank you all for your thoughtful comments - I'd been sure it would end in mockery & derision, but glad to see that's not the case. Regarding the magnets they are five in number, the size & shape of very large pills which we might be directed to take by a doctor, though they are at the top end of the scale, size terms. The magnets are stitched into the fabric with two layers of fabric between each magnet & the skin, and it doesn't feel like a chemical irritant, it's a different experience altogether. The effect seems to penetrate deep into the flesh, with associated heat & numbness which spreads in a field-like radius quite a bit larger than the span of the megnet arrangement. It really does feel like a field-based phenomenon, and yes, I will now proceed to look in the various journals of medicine in an attempt to find answers as to what I might be experiencing. I have an inkling of a suspicion regarding the nervous system in general, and my own condition, and my own medications, but I'd rather discuss that after I've done a bit more research. Thank you again, I look forward to returning with some improved theory...

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The magnet emits magnetic fields which can cause energy to flow around. It is sort of like the Tens machine. Any energy machine can make some things feel better and some worse. I would think that the strong magnet might make tendons more sore but might tend to relieve muscle pain somewhat. The direction of the magnetic field in relation to muscle fibers is probably relevant too. These are guesses, My montgomery Wards Medical box does all kinds of stuff to muscles and joints, and keeping a strong magnet in your pocket does sort of make a sore spot there if you have it in your pocket for many days.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
could you have some sort of implant in said area or even metallic remnants from the accident you say left a scar so the magnet is acting the same way as an MRI does by pulling any metal to the surface ? just a thought .

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Just a thought - could it possibly be a sensitivity to whatever the surface area materials of the strap/magnets are?

Different people have different body chemistry in their sweat/skin oils which can react to metals / fabrics differently. Perhaps you could acquire a strong neodynium magnet with a different coating and see if your body/skin reacts the same way?

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
About 5 or 6 years ago, I was looking for information about Morgellon's. I read anything even remotely related that I could find on the internet. I remember reading about a possible cure that involved placing 2 magnets on opposite sides of the wrist or other body part. The people who tried this method described the same sensations as you experienced. Apparently, the stronger the magnets were, the more heat would be generated under the person's skin. I believe some came dangerously close to overheating. IIRC, the idea was that there were nanobots or something like that inside their bodies, moving through the bloodstream. When the magnets were placed on either side of the wrist, any nanobot moving through the area would short circuit when passing between the magnets.
It's been years since I read the stories. I apologize for not providing any links. Maybe you can find more information about what you experienced by searching "magnetic therapy for Morgellon's". I hope you're able to get your questions answered. Please, let me know if you find anything that helps with your situation.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Some really interesting ideas & comments here folks, thanks for your engagement with the theme of the thread. The effect I experienced was in fact very fast acting, and came about within the first 30 minutes each time I used the magnets. I'm a bit baffled to be honest, as I've run the various scenarios through my mind & still haven't come up with anything more compelling than 'Aliens did it'.. It's intriguing to speculate on, and I will run some tests & see what happens, keeping the thread updated as I progress. Thanks again for your interest & involvement.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I was just wondering, did you try it on your other arm or another part of your body to see if you got the same reaction??

new topics

top topics

join