It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times Executive Editor leaked audio tells the whole story...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The media is losing all of it's credibility and it appears they believe people in this country are dumb enough to not see their deceptive techniques. Trouble is half the people in the country are just parrots. They do not even want to check things out on their own. They do not even read the whole articles, the deception is most often revealed farther down in the news articles most times. The press is just out to make a buck these days, telling the real story is not as interesting and sells less ads.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

It sure is, you got that right.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: madmac5150

Liberals and the Mainstream Media truly believe the general public (Dems/Indies/Repubs) are too stupid to think for ourselves. Even after they are revealed as outright lying about a subject, they change to a different subject and lie some more.

A serial killer, doesn't leave the comfort of "the tried and true"... all sociopaths tend to think alike.

Trump went and left Gitmo open for a reason, maybe this is it, one of em anyway.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The real story is vastly more interesting... they won't cover it, because it hurts them politically... THAT is the problem.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thing is we're not all that divided. There has been a study on this. There is about an 8% block on the authoritarian reactionary left and a 6% block on the authoritarian reactionary right that is controlling the entire political narrative and basically taking our civilization to the edge of ruin. More aptly the far left is controlling the narrative and the far right keeps taking their bait over and over again like Elmer effin' Fudd.

This has been made possible by the new era of propaganda which isn't necessarily about hammering home one particular message, but instead dropping a deluge of conflicting information on the citizenry so a rational mind can't make heads or tails of anything. When this happens it creates a cognitive dissonance politically and the rational moderate block, which is the vast majority of the voting block, will do the rational thing and be filled with doubt and eventually even drop out of the political process altogether. Meanwhile, in the irrational mind (the reactionary authoritarians on both the right and left) will be emboldened and become the loudest voice in the area full of great certainty and conviction.

The two extremes need each other to legitimize their own existence. The only thing that threatens extremism is moderation.The moderate majority needs to hold strong weather the storm of B.S. And to be clear, when I say "moderate" I mean moderate in temperament, not necessarily ideology. Meaning regardless of your political persuasion you occupy a place where you can work with others and find solutions to problems that are lasting and work for everyone. Temperament is paramount. Once we find a balance of temperament the ideology will sort itself.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I agree this sort of thing is disgusting.

But it's a product. If you don't like it, don't use it.

If actual news reporting exists anymore - I don't know where it is. Everything is colored with opinions and agendas.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

That still leaves us with a problem, though. The MSM can still lie to us, they can spread propaganda, they can push agendas, and it's all legal. The laws need to change.

I don't want to limit what the MSM can report (First Amendment and all), but I think they should be required to fully identify sources. Nothing makes me doubt a story more than, "An anonymous insider said ..."

The MSM should also be broken up like other large monopolies. We've all seen the videos of several seemingly disparate news stations reporting the same story word for word.

There are other changes that could be made without violating the Constitution to insure that the news is accurate, fair, and honest.

So why is it no lawmaker is pushing for these kinds of changes?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:30 AM
link   

The real story is vastly more interesting... they won't cover it, because it hurts them politically... THAT is the problem.

What's the real story that isn't being covered?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What's the real that isn't being covered?

The desperate attempt to hold onto power in order to differ misapropriated federal funds they then reallocate to their own bank accounts. The federal handouts never reach the constituants as the local highwaymen rob the stagecoach before it arrives at its destination.
edit on 17-8-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

The desperate attempt to hold onto power in order to differ misapropriated federal funds they then reallocate to their own bank accounts. The federal handouts never reach the constituants as the local highwaymen rob the stagecoach before it arrives at its destination.

Good point... But both sides always raise defense spending 🤷‍♂️

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Good point... But both sides always raise defense spending 🤷‍♂️

Local bozos can't touch those funds alloted to the Military Industrial Complex of businesses (you know who they are) (sigh of relief). 700 billion could do some damage if stolen by a deranged arch villian; like blowing up the sun or creating another moon made of cheese.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Sound like they are so lost in fantasy they do not even know they are lost. The current anomaly affecting the media does include information haze and reputation mud. With project drain swamp still in the construction phase, clarity is still limited to outside sources.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

This isn't propaganda this is just a news outlet digging into a situation they thought was worth digging into. Like all journalists do, would you rather them just publish day to day happenings and boring stories?

Just because it was about Russian collusion and they got stopped right in their tracks with the report doesnt mean anything, it just means they needed to move on, and they did. Onto the next fringe story.

You dont like it, dont read it. That's what freedom of the press is about. But they said mean things about trump so it's the end of the world leftist plot right?

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

situation they thought was worth digging into

HaHaHaHa, spoon feed like babies more like it. There is a higher corporate agenda behind all this. The centralization of media power is strong and the media has been trained to not ask certain questions. Since 9/11 a lot of good journalists have been fired for exploring certain topics. If it was not for Trump being able to use Twitter to bypass this centralized control of the media things would of been a lot tougher for him and all of us.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

I think it has more to do with the fact that everyone has access to the internet now. I can't even remember the last time I checked a MSM source for actual news.

Trump winning the election was partly because the republicans took full advantage of bypassing the regular and more traditional ways of campaigning and allowed for the internet to do most of the work while he just flew around and held rallies and tweeted.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

They are pushing an agenda of division, racial or otherwise, to inflame or enrage.

And this thread is proof it's working.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I think it is more of the growing power and influence of the CIA. Project Mockingbird was a clear takeover of Media power through station consolidation and centralized corporate board control. The mainstream media has strict reporting policies that requires approval from the editors. The culture that has developed from the 70+ years of this operation has a clear demonstration with the Muller farce. Unfortunately this is only one of many available examples in todays mixed up media landscape.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Personally I'm thrilled....

Thrilled that the MSM continues to chase itself down into the hole of obscurity and irrelevance.

Thrilled that more and more people are turning a blind/critical eye to their overt attempts at manipulation.

When they hit rock bottom, the impact will be so severe, yet so shocking to them, it will be truly a sight to behold. It's going to be better than any hit TV drama when it comes to entertainment value. I hope we do get all those mental hospitals opened up in time, going to be a lot of MSM personalities looking for a place to stay because they fell for all their own programming.

I agree 100%. I didn't think it would be possible to see their crimes (moral if not legal) exposed in my lifetime but it looks like there may still be hope.

edit on 17-8-2019 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

This isn't propaganda this is just a news outlet digging into a situation they thought was worth digging into.
You don't honestly believe that do you? In 2 years they didn't get one theory or speculation of collusion correct. Yet you still think they have/deserve journalistic integrity?

Like all journalists do, would you rather them just publish day to day happenings and boring stories?

We would have them report the actual unbiased news not sensationalized opinion pieces to sway public opinions. I.E. propaganda.

Just because it was about Russian collusion and they got stopped right in their tracks with the report doesnt mean anything, it just means they needed to move on, and they did. Onto the next fringe story.

So all the damages caused by this on the political landscape is what?
Collateral damage?
These activist journalists have all but started a civil war with their BS and you continue to hang on their every word.

You dont like it, dont read it. That's what freedom of the press is about. But they said mean things about trump so it's the end of the world leftist plot right?

You seem to know very little about how journalism actually works. Freedom of the press doesn't work like the first amendment. Research the Smith Mundt act might do you well. But seeing as it will likely shatter your perception of this reality I won't hold my breath.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Here’s a crazy idea. Why don’t they just report the goddamn news, and that’s it?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join