It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 teens tried to rob a house After the homeowner shot and killed 1 others were charged with murder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: opethPA

Taken into custody, some of the defendants, "most of whom have significant criminal histories," stated they'd run because they "did not want to go back to jail," according to Nerheim.

I guess they missed the old saying, " If you do not want to do the time, then don't do the crime"!

The old man must have been a terrible shot unfortunately.

I could be wrong, however.. could have been brilliant scientists or philanthropists in the making...

If only they had fallen out of a different hole.

By the grace of God..... as my Mother used to say.

We can say that about anyone though.. we're each born into a lottery, I guess. some win, some lose. I've never known wealth nor prosperity. Always scraped by.. never resorted to gathering up a kindred cult to go steal someone's things, let alone with intent to harm with a weapon.

But when I see videos from places such as WorldStarHipHop, my faith in that lottery diminishes, and instead I see it as accepted, embraced, and well... encouraged.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

a reply to: gallop

Yeah.... imagine what their lives have been like up until now?
Sorry but I cannot help feeling compassion.....especially after seeing those eyes and faces in the photos you have provided.

What sort of childhood do you imagine they had?

Do you have compassion for the person they tried to make a victim in this scenario?

I have compassion period.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Sorry but I cannot help feeling compassion.....especially after seeing those eyes and faces in the photos you have provided.

Do you have compassion for the person they tried to make a victim in this scenario?

Gold star for you then but meanwhile in the real world:

6 criminals off the street, sadly one of them died and paid the ultimate price for their poor decisions.
1 possible victim had their life changed also.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Real world???

You have no idea what 'real world' these 6 lived in!

edit on 17-8-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

1 possible victim had their life changed also.

The man that shot and killed a 14 year old is still a victim..... I wonder about how he feels about what occured.

It would be interesting to hear from all of those involved....... including back stories.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Real world???

We aren't going to agree on this.
You want to scapegoat the 5 remaining thugs because you assume they had a tough life, more power to you.

These 6 made the active choice to break the law, to be criminals , to try and negatively impact another persons world. One of the paid the ultimately price and hopefully the remaining 5 learn that their are consequences to choices.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Real world???

We aren't going to agree on this.

Enough said

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What amazes me is that these punks had the gall to ask a cop for help after they tried to rob the man, and while in a stolen car, no less!

Of course it had to be near Chiraq.

The good news is, this story is being reported. Hopefully, it scares some other kids straight. This is what our justice system has been needing for a very long time: actual consequences for actions taken by criminals. For too long I have heard the opposite: consequences for the innocent being attacked by criminals. I have to admit, when I read the headline my first thought was, "Did they mean to say the victim was charged?"

Compassion has been brought up here. I do have compassion for the kid killed, his family, and the other criminals and their families. But I also have compassion for the victim and the thousands, probably millions, of other victims... some of whom might not be so lucky. See, compassion, in my book, means not wanting this kind of thing to happen to people. It means I do not want gangs of thugs roaming the streets, stealing cars and threatening old men. I want these kids to have a decent life, a nice home, a good job, security, and success in whatever they want to do.

Crime running rampant means that cannot happen.

So understand, if you feel "compassion" for these thugs, you are misinterpreting what you are feeling. You're feeling your own insecurity. Insecurity that says you have to go out of your way to look like you care whether you do or not. Insecurity that says you are OK as long as you weep for the fallen, even if the fallen fell themselves. That is not compassion. It is the opposite of compassion, and it is the very reason crimes go unpunished to the point that crime runs rampant in the streets.

May this serve as a lesson to all who see it. You are not entitled to everything you want. Force that issue, and it may be the last thing you ever force. Life may be hard, but taking the easy way out makes it short as well.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Just imagine for a second that the homeowner had shot and killed ALL the burglars?

Jeez...

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
Just imagine for a second that the homeowner had shot and killed ALL the burglars?

Jeez...

Yeah it would have saved us some tax money for their incarceration. I think if you get a life sentence and are never going to be free you get the death penalty,because its cruel to hold someone so long.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join