It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit Remoaners Plotting a Coup d'etat against the British Government

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

But he has aimed sniping jokes about the UK Jewish population saying they need a sense of humour among other things and the charges from within his own party are that he does not challenge strongly those who make clearly antisemitic comments. Doesn't sound like he can stand there and say he is innocent in this area to me.

I didn't see he attempt at humour perhaps you can provide a link.

As for the Labour party I've seen and read of people criticising the Israeli government for their actions but not seen or read anybody making antisemitic comments about Jewish people.
The Labour MP who was suspended for saying the claims against Labour probably stem from the Israeli government was probably correct , one of their operatives was captured a couple of years ago on camera plotting the downfall of a critical Labour MP so there is a precedent.

I know there's an effort to class criticism the Israeli government or members of the Israeli government as antisemitism but in my view that is just an effort to stifle criticism full stop.

I don't recall any specifics at all, but happy to be called out and that if you actually did - with a link of course.

I did but I'm not going to search through my post history for a thread to prove it , feel free if you wish to look.

The Backstop isn't the problem for me but I find the fact that Stormont has been suspended for over two years effectively leaving the people of Northern Ireland without a government more of an issue.

Two and a half years for doing nothing on full pay , Nice Job.

edit on 19-8-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: ScepticScot

Never said they were, I am not the one claiming a coup.

It seems I am not the only one claiming a coup.

Nigel Farage highlights awkward Brexit truth for Remainers and savages 'Corbyn coup'
NIGEL Farage has accused Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn of plotting a "coup" against the British people with his plot to seize power from Boris Johnson in a bid to block a no-deal Brexit.
www.express.co.uk...

Every one of them were voted in *a government FOR the people*

It turns out to be a case of *the government AGAINST the people*

The traitors don't care about how they get what they want, only that they get their way.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I didn't see he attempt at humour perhaps you can provide a link.

Of course...

jewishnews.timesofisrael.com...

www.standard.co.uk...

If you seriously want to pretend Corbyn has made comments about Jewish people - I'm not talking about the Israeli government of today - and has also been present when others made such comments and left them unchecked, then perhaps you are selective in your viewing, sorry, can't help with that.

Two and a half years for doing nothing on full pay , Nice Job.

Well, Farage and others in UKIP did it for a couple of decades, the Brexit party is settling in to their short tenure doing exactly the same, perhaps you should send them bouquets?

So I provided a link, you say the backstop isn't your issue with the deal.... you are just going to waffle on about sovereignty and how you think it would be somehow diminished aren't you? I can't blame you, MPs have done the same and when challenged offer precious little - it would be totally unfair to ask you to be able to say what they can't.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

as for supporting the IRA and Hezbollah politicians talking to an enemy is not a new thing it's called diplomacy

Talking to a terrorist group to look for ways to make peace is indeed diplomacy. Praising it and recognising its members as an army, plus giving praise for those who die for it? Ridiculously naive and clearly showing real feelings.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I thought you were better read than this, I obviously misjudged your real views.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Corbyn told his audience: “[British Zionists] clearly have two problems. One is they don’t want to study history, and secondly, having lived in this country for a very long time, probably all their lives, they don’t understand English irony either”.

If he were talking about the French or Germans would it still be offensive ?

Well, Farage and others in UKIP did it for a couple of decades, the Brexit party is settling in to their short tenure doing exactly the same, perhaps you should send them bouquets?

Farage and others in UKIP (Brexit Party) are not elected officials getting paid from the public purse so there really is no comparison.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I thought you were better read than this, I obviously misjudged your real views.

Fine , I'm done.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
you are just going to waffle on about sovereignty and how you think it would be somehow diminished aren't you?

You're right, who needs sovereignty?

I say the more degrees of separation between the people and their rule makers the better. I'm with you all the way!

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: McGinty

He came pretty damned close at the last election

A near miss is still a miss and therefore no better than missing by a great

margin. Losing a game by one point is still losing........

Corbyn's advantage last election was the young vote being receptive to him. But now it's said that he's lost that boost because of his obvious reticence at Remaining and sitting on the Brexit fence. Fair enough, that's damaged his appeal to the young, but i'd posit that this dip will only last as long as Brexit. When Brexit is done, one way or the other, many of those disgruntled young labour voters will have nowhere to go if they want change, which they most certainly do (see the last election).

The 'young vote' is a very small window (three years) before they are

in the 'real world' and see for themselves

How students have been misled and lied to for 20 years How students have been misled and lied to for 20 years

www.channel4.com...

From two years ago....... REHASH same old - same old

“The Conservatives have held students back for too long, saddling them with debt that blights the start of their working lives. Labour will lift this cloud of debt and make education free for all as part of our plan for a richer Britain for the many not the few.

“We will scrap tuition fees and ensure universities have the resources they need to continue to provide a world-class education. Students will benefit from having more money in their pockets, and we will all benefit from the engineers, doctors, teachers and scientists that our universities produce.”

Labour has said it will pay for the £9.5bn policy by raising tax on higher earners, making those with an income of more than £80,000 pay the 45p rate of tax and assigning a 50p rate to those bringing in more than £110,000 a year.

The party said its policy should give 18-year-olds another reason to register to vote before the deadline of midnight on Monday.

www.theguardian.com...

You don't give the youth much credit.

What's more, the Remain media say that a 2nd referendum would lead to a Rremain win

Well they would, wouldn't they

Because many pensioner-Leavers have since died, replaced by young-Remainers reaching voting age...

Because of that narrative being pushed, I have taken particular notice

and have been very pleasantly surprised at how many young leavers there

are.

But at least Corbyn represents a move towards decisive leadership that wants to improve things with change, rather than the dysfunctional, broken promises status quo that the Blair/Brown-New Labour and Tory-centre ground snake oil sales pitch inherited from Cameron has led UK politics into.

Are you really talking about the expert 'flip floper' ^^^here.^^^

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Corbyn told his audience: “[British Zionists] clearly have two problems. One is they don’t want to study history, and secondly, having lived in this country for a very long time, probably all their lives, they don’t understand English irony either”.

If he were talking about the French or Germans would it still be offensive ?

Farage and others in UKIP (Brexit Party) are not elected officials getting paid from the public purse so there really is no comparison.

Ah, so now you are defending him for his comments - why didn't you just admit you don't mind the odd bit of antisemitism and hero worship of terrorists, we got there in the end didn't we?

Farage and other MEPs (as Farage was in UKIP) are paid through the public purse and if you are now going to try and say that's wrong as well then you are in a serious state of denial.

Weird, I thought you had made some sensible comments in the past, clearly they were not reflective of your true self.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
you are just going to waffle on about sovereignty and how you think it would be somehow diminished aren't you?

You're right, who needs sovereignty?

I say the more degrees of separation between the people and their rule makers the better. I'm with you all the way!

You missed the point completely didn't you? By design I take it?

Waffling on about taking back sovereignty without defining what you are taking back, what had actually been lost and why it's a good thing is exactly that - waffle - a bit like your post really.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

He came pretty damned close at the last election

A near miss is still a miss and therefore no better than missing by a great

margin. Losing a game by one point is still losing........

Corbyn's advantage last election was the young vote being receptive to him. But now it's said that he's lost that boost because of his obvious reticence at Remaining and sitting on the Brexit fence. Fair enough, that's damaged his appeal to the young, but i'd posit that this dip will only last as long as Brexit. When Brexit is done, one way or the other, many of those disgruntled young labour voters will have nowhere to go if they want change, which they most certainly do (see the last election).

The 'young vote' is a very small window (three years) before they are

in the 'real world' and see for themselves

Firstly, a near miss is very pertinent when the same player is rolling again.

Secondly, sure, the young at the last election are older, wiser, more cynical now, but there are ever more to replace their ranks as the next bunch come of age. Or did uk people stop having babies after the millennium?

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The Govt. is going to suspend Parliament as early as the 9th September- Monday week.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This will mean that parliament only has a week to push through a vote of no confidence and remove the sitting govt.... that is not enough time for the process.

If the Queen agrees then Parliament will be suspended until just 2 weeks before we leave the EU.

It would likely mean that the traitors only have a week to push through a new law removing the no-deal option or try something last ditch in the final 2 weeks.
I approve of the move Boris is making here.
Parliament have proven that they do NOT represent the people at all. I would go further. Whilst suspended, I would seek ways to have every MP, who is acting against the will of their constituents, removed and then run by-elections in each of the constituencies.

edit on 28/8/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The Govt. is going to suspend Parliament as early as the 9th September- Monday week.

www.bbc.co.uk...

This will mean that parliament only has a week to push through a vote of no confidence and remove the sitting govt.... that is not enough time for the process.
If the Queen agrees then Parliament will be suspended until just 2 weeks before we leave the EU.
It would likely mean that the traitors only have a week to push through a new law removing the no-deal option or try something last ditch in the final 2 weeks.
I approve of the move Boris is making here.
Parliament have proven that they do NOT represent the people at all. I would go further. Whilst suspended, I would seek ways to have every MP, who is acting against the will of their constituents, removed and then run by-elections in each of the constituencies.

Lol!!!! Been watching the unfolding on the news. The remainers are

apoplectic about it being undemocratic ?!!? ....... eh.....

What do they think the past three years have been in not carrying out

the democratic LEAVE vote !!!

They have the nerve to say what Boris is doing is undemocratic after

the way they have been behaving for the past three years
/smh.

Good on Boris for grabbing the initiative and taking the bull by the horns

Finally looks like the people may just get what they voted for!

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Yep - the remoaners plotted to overthrow the Govt. and are raging that their plot may be inconvenienced.

They really are utter scumbags.

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The Corbyn plan is a collection of different agendas, solidifying around the intent to collapse the government and using Brexit as the pretext.

A significant portion of the participants of the Corbyn plan are people who will not accept Brexit, or any deal whatsoever, such as the popularist SNP and Greens, and the same is the case with the Liberals. Corbyn's Labour are somewhat divided and the focus is unambiguously a power grab.

While I accept this is politics, I also have to accept that this is the sad side of politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join