It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be careful about what you think is "bacon" at restaurants and salad bars - Fakcon Bits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
My bacon thread had me remember a family member who LOVED bacon but would only use Baco's on their salads, baked potatos and other such things. I thought they were horrible looking, tasting and smelling, so I just checked out what was in them, and it's not pretty. I think I might have found where the FIC (food industrial complex) is sneaking in the soy to all those meat loving Americans - such trickery should be treasonous - seriously

Betty Crocker Baco's Bacon Bits
Ingredients:
Defatted Soy Flour, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Water, Salt, Sugar, Artificial and Natural Flavor, Red 40 and other Color Added, Soy Sauce (Water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt), Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (Corn, Soy, Wheat).

www.amazon.com...

McCormick® Bac'n Pieces
TEXTURED SOY FLOUR, CANOLA OIL, SALT, CARAMEL COLOR, MALTODEXTRIN, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, LACTIC ACID, YEAST EXTRACT, DISODIUM INOSINATE AND DISODIUM GUANYLATE (FLAVOR ENHANCERS), AND FD&C RED 40.

www.mccormick.com...

Club House Bacon Bits
Ingredients: SOY FLOUR, HIGH OLEIC CANOLA OIL, SALT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOUR, COLOUR, VITAMINS (NIACINAMIDE, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORICE, RIBOFLAVIN, VITAMIN B12), MINERALS (FERROUS SULFATE, ZINC OXIDE).

www.clubhouseforchefs.ca...

Restaurant supply (like Sysco) bacon bits for salads
Ingredients: soy flour, soybean oil w/ TBHQ added to protect freshness, salt, 2% of: hydrolyzed soy protein, yeast extract, natural smoke flavor, sunflower oil, sugar, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, dextrose, inactive dried yeast, caramel color, red 3 and/or red 40, hydrolyzed vegetable protein (hydrolyzed soy & corn protein, salt, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil [cottonseed, soybean]), soy lecithin, natural flavor

Looking at the prices for this stuff, $45 for 5lbs of the cheap generic stuff! that's more expensive than real bacon and probably A LOT more salt, preservatives and especially SOY & hydrogenated oils.This stuff is a nutritional nuclear bomb!

The sad thing is I remember eating at some of these places w/ salad bars in college and the guys would LOAD up on the "bacon" thinking it was really bacon, but I know it was this stuff, it was crunchy and beet red. How people can't tell the difference in taste and texture is beyond me.
edit on 8 15 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Yes! Thank YOU! Finally someone is exposing the truth about the fake bacon industry!

I've always felt that if I have to stand there and get splattered with bacon grease for a good BLT, then Betty Crocker should too. And before all the trolls chime in and say, "Well, you should put on some pants" well, this is America! I have a right!

You do give me a great idea, though. Doctor Doom's 100% genuine bacon bits. All I have to do to make it profitable is to hire some foreigners who know how to cook and pulverize bacon.

I guess I won't be hiring any Canadians.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

Yes! Thank YOU! Finally someone is exposing the truth about the fake bacon industry!

I've always felt that if I have to stand there and get splattered with bacon grease for a good BLT, then Betty Crocker should too. And before all the trolls chime in and say, "Well, you should put on some pants" well, this is America! I have a right!

You do give me a great idea, though. Doctor Doom's 100% genuine bacon bits. All I have to do to make it profitable is to hire some foreigners who know how to cook and pulverize bacon.

I guess I won't be hiring any Canadians.

HMMMM - sensing a slight bit of mockery in this post, lol
even so, just take a look at those ingredients and show me ONE thing that you'd want to voluntarily eat!

Also, there are some places that sell real bacon but it's even more expensive ($5 for 3oz of cooked bacon IIRC), it's vacuum packed and needs to be refrigerated and it leaves something to be desired IMO. With the above prices, you could make $$ with our idea, just gotta find the right market. I'm thinking follow the "bike week" festivals they have around the country, last I looked there were like 10+ of them, that's 10 weekends you could be selling you fully authentic bacon goodness to hungry manly bikers and there old ladies!
edit on 8 15 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I never get the bacon bits, they do not taste right with that liquid smoke. I never looked at the ingredients because I hate the crap. I do like bacon, just bought a five pound box for ten bucks for the cat, got to go get him a couple more five pound boxes before they go off sale. Real bacon, except it has celery powder instead of sodium nitrites...same thing, just some people believe it is safer. I doubt if it is really safer. Cherry powder is also used in the natural bacons, it has chemistry similar to sodium erythrobate which helps to keep nitrosamines from forming.

Bloody blind cat is fussy, you can't pull the wool over the eyes of a blind cat.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Not mockery. Appreciation.

Americans settle for way too much fake stuff today. Butter, bacon, news, boobs, it's an epidemic.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

years ago i noticed this in grocery stores.
i read every label.

this is how they can make an 'impossible burger' taste like a burger at bk.
if you put the same chemicals on cardboard, it will taste similar to a burger lol

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Does it feel and taste like bacon? Then who cares...

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Give me a pig and a good old fashioned wood chipper any day....😈🤪😉

Lags

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I never get the bacon bits, they do not taste right with that liquid smoke. I never looked at the ingredients because I hate the crap. I do like bacon, just bought a five pound box for ten bucks for the cat, got to go get him a couple more five pound boxes before they go off sale. Real bacon, except it has celery powder instead of sodium nitrites...same thing, just some people believe it is safer. I doubt if it is really safer. Cherry powder is also used in the natural bacons, it has chemistry similar to sodium erythrobate which helps to keep nitrosamines from forming.

Bloody blind cat is fussy, you can't pull the wool over the eyes of a blind cat.

Can't believe you feed kitty bacon! One lucky cat!!!! Oh, I've also found the store brand bacon (like $3.5/lb in 5lb packs) is better than name brand at $8-9/lb! that's nuts. It's meatier and the fat is tastier. I wonder it that is like this elsewhere?

I'd just smoke the bacon then freeze it until you give it to kitty. IDK how much you can trust these things. If you use powdered cherry seeds, I think that would actually do a decent job, though IDK how much is needed and how deep it penetrates. I woudl think it works better on a slab of meet like a large brisket rather than sliced bacon, though that's just a thought....

Cherry powder has cyanide in it, which is converted to sodium cyanate when exposed to air (and a sodium molecule, NaCl probably)

preserve meats & keep red color

patents.justia.com...

Myth of Celery powder to cure meats

www.meatmythcrushers.com...

sodium cyanate - look at preperation - shows how the cherry pits make the cyanate from the cyanide in the pits

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 8 16 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

edit on 8 16 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
My bacon thread had me remember a family member who LOVED bacon but would only use Baco's on their salads, baked potatos and other such things. I thought they were horrible looking, tasting and smelling, so I just checked out what was in them, and it's not pretty. I think I might have found where the FIC (food industrial complex) is sneaking in the soy to all those meat loving Americans - such trickery should be treasonous - seriously

Ingredients:
Defatted Soy Flour, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Water, Salt, Sugar, Artificial and Natural Flavor, Red 40 and other Color Added, Soy Sauce (Water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt), Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (Corn, Soy, Wheat).

www.amazon.com...

McCormick® Bac'n Pieces
TEXTURED SOY FLOUR, CANOLA OIL, SALT, CARAMEL COLOR, MALTODEXTRIN, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, LACTIC ACID, YEAST EXTRACT, DISODIUM INOSINATE AND DISODIUM GUANYLATE (FLAVOR ENHANCERS), AND FD&C RED 40.

www.mccormick.com...

Club House Bacon Bits
Ingredients: SOY FLOUR, HIGH OLEIC CANOLA OIL, SALT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOUR, COLOUR, VITAMINS (NIACINAMIDE, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, PYRIDOXINE HYDROCHLORICE, RIBOFLAVIN, VITAMIN B12), MINERALS (FERROUS SULFATE, ZINC OXIDE).

Ingredients: soy flour, soybean oil w/ TBHQ added to protect freshness, salt, 2% of: hydrolyzed soy protein, yeast extract, natural smoke flavor, sunflower oil, sugar, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, dextrose, inactive dried yeast, caramel color, red 3 and/or red 40, hydrolyzed vegetable protein (hydrolyzed soy & corn protein, salt, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil [cottonseed, soybean]), soy lecithin, natural flavor

Looking at the prices for this stuff, $45 for 5lbs of the cheap generic stuff! that's more expensive than real bacon and probably A LOT more salt, preservatives and especially SOY & hydrogenated oils.This stuff is a nutritional nuclear bomb!

The sad thing is I remember eating at some of these places w/ salad bars in college and the guys would LOAD up on the "bacon" thinking it was really bacon, but I know it was this stuff, it was crunchy and beet red. How people can't tell the difference in taste and texture is beyond me.
who cares. Fluff.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Ingredients:

www.amazon.com...

McCormick® Bac'n Pieces

www.mccormick.com...

Club House Bacon Bits

who cares. Fluff.

Then why respond. If you don't think pumping people full of near 100% soy products when it is made to be 100% meat products isn't an issue, then you are f'd in the head. This IS the type of thing this site covers. YOU are the definition of a soy boy, that has become 1000% clear. you are the Gamma sábana mojada.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

And the hormones you ingest eating your bacon are better, how?

You don't care what you eat, as long as it tastes like bacon. don't lie to us..

"Waiter!! There is a soup in my fly."

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I hear soy is packed with estrogen....think about that for a second...lol

The isoflavones in soy (daidzein, genistein and glycitein) are structurally similar - although not identical - to human estrogen, and as such, can bind to estrogen receptors in the body. However, compared with human estrogen, phytoestrogens are known to exert a much weaker effect in the body.

So eating enough bacon bits will actually make understand your wife better...lol

Peace
edit on 16-8-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I hear soy is packed with estrogen....think about that for a second...lol

The isoflavones in soy (daidzein, genistein and glycitein) are structurally similar - although not identical - to human estrogen, and as such, can bind to estrogen receptors in the body. However, compared with human estrogen, phytoestrogens are known to exert a much weaker effect in the body.

So eating enough bacon bits will actually make understand your wife better...lol

Peace

I eat a lot of soy and don't feel different. You can also combine cauliflower and broccoli as they are natural estrogen inhibitors.

I think it all depends on how your body deals with the extra intake of estrogen. Most vegans don't say it's a big deal if you're eating smart and know your body.

The only real danger i see here is that soy can be heavily processed and GM. Containing heavy metals. I doubt bacon buts uses organic soy.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

It's an issue. However, the over reliance on meat and factory farming is an issue. Soy is heavily processed for both human products and animals.

Soy is majority used for animals. So those factory farm pigs your eating bacon with, probably ate gmo heavily processed soybeans, corn meal, grains, whey ect...

I don't think it's an issue that people are eating soy, but rather how heavily processed soy is not good for you.
Vegans are usually pretty healthy and they eat soybeans.

In fact, i would suggest that a large majority of "meat eaters" are the ones who eat the most non-organic soy.

It's really an issue of society relying on sh!tty cheap foods, rather tgan cooking for themselves.

Do you guys really want bacon bits to contain bacon? They will turn that sh!t into poison with or without meat.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
Does it feel and taste like bacon? Then who cares...

Most of the ingredients are basically poison for humans

Soy has been shown to have a multitude of problems (especially for men...such as producing ED to start, along with increasing chems in the body that produce/mimic estrogen), Canola oil is linked to heart disease along with similar issues as soy (and stay away from sunflower oil also while you're at it...really any of the veg oils).

Its basically industrial waste.

Now, even if its real bacon from a real pig...chances are they fed the pig large amounts of soy, antibiotics, steroids, etc...its a bit of a mess. Gotta get your own bacon, read labels, and pay the extra buck or two to get the farm raised organic.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Can't believe you feed kitty bacon! One lucky cat!!!! Oh, I've also found the store brand bacon (like $3.5/lb in 5lb packs) is better than name brand at $8-9/lb! that's nuts. It's meatier and the fat is tastier. I wonder it that is like this elsewhere?

I'd just smoke the bacon then freeze it until you give it to kitty. IDK how much you can trust these things. If you use powdered cherry seeds, I think that would actually do a decent job, though IDK how much is needed and how deep it penetrates. I woudl think it works better on a slab of meet like a large brisket rather than sliced bacon, though that's just a thought....

Cherry powder has cyanide in it, which is converted to sodium cyanate when exposed to air (and a sodium molecule, NaCl probably)

preserve meats & keep red color

patents.justia.com...

Myth of Celery powder to cure meats

www.meatmythcrushers.com...

sodium cyanate - look at preperation - shows how the cherry pits make the cyanate from the cyanide in the pits

en.wikipedia.org...

Yeah, I cannot understand them using Cherry powder to do a similar thing to sodium Erythrobate. The thing with sodium erythrobate is that like vitamin C it changes sulfates in meat to sulfites and nitrates to nitrites. It doesn't add the sulfate or sulfite though, just convert it. Both sulfite and nitrite are used by the bodies immune system to fight bacteria and fungus. Too much is definitely not good, but some is necessary. Our bodies can convert sulfites and nitrites back to sulfates and nitrates using the molybdopterins in our blood. This is supposed to regulate the immune system response if working properly.

So, does that sodium erythrobate and cherry juice actually turn our nitrates in our bodies to nitrites when we eat it? I have no clue, it is not discussed in the food chemistry articles I read about it on meat preservation, they probably do not want to test it.

My father advised me to watch how much red berries I eat when I was young, and never eat red berries unless I am sure what they are. We were on the farm looking at the choke cherry tree at the time he was telling me this. He also told us never to eat berries in the field or when picking wild berries wait till you get home to eat them. I looked up why he might have told me that a year or two ago. It is the furo-coumarins in it probably, they sensitize the skin to the sun and can lead to all sorts of problems ranging from sunburns to peeling skin to skin cancer. There was no sunscreen back those days. From what I read, if you eat berries the skin sensitivity lasts about three hours. So, is the reason they are pushing sunscreen now because they are telling people to eat all these fruits and more veggies? The sunscreen companies probably love people being intolerant to the sun and the medical industry should enjoy increased profits from the skin cancer from those who do not use sunscreen too if they eat lots of berries and increase citrus consumption. Citrus also contains coumarins. Drinking lemonade when out at an outdoor gathering might not be so good if you do not have sunscreen on.

I research lots of stuff I was told over the years, it seems that a lot of the older stuff has a real scientific base and like I said about not eating the berries, I am thinking my father did not know why, he probably was told by his parents and never bothered to ask why. The sensitivity experienced by some berries and fruits has been known for hundreds of years, but they seem to have lost some of the reasoning for the old wives tails, people do not pay attention or ask why.

My father also told me not to eat raw green beans, he said they will make you sick. I picked one up and ate it, then taught my kids to eat some raw, but they went overboard, I even warned them not to eat too much because of what I was told. They blow off the evidence I present now that clearly shows that raw green beans or not fully cooked green beans can cause blood clots and it is not a small risk factor. I did tell them when we picked them from the garden that we could eat a few, but their idea of a few is a whole handful. They also can cause kidney stones.

I am guilty of not checking on what my father said, that has been known since the forties.

posted on Sep, 3 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

top topics

join