It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s plane crashes at Elizabethton Municipal Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
They are saying the Earnhardt, Jr. is at the hospital but that everyone survived.

wcyb.com...

That looks rough though. It's good everyone survived - his whole family was on board?

The Carter County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s plane crashed at the Elizabethton Municipal Airport. Earnhardt Jr. has been transported to the hospital. The department also says Earnhardt Jr.'s wife Amy Reimann was also on board. The Elizabethton Fire Chief Barry Carrier says everyone survived the crash and none of the injuries were serious.

I recall the day that I turned through channels and just happened to see the crash that killed senior. I'm glad that apparently Junior will be all right and so will his wife.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm guessing that they were headed to the Saturday Nascar Cup race at Bristol. The airline airport serving Bristol is Tri Cities Airport. Elizabethton is actually closer to the racetrack than Tri Cities. It sits in a velley at about 1600 feet above sea level. There is an instrument approach there (GPS/RNAV) but the minumum descent altitude is bretty high at 1700 feet above the ground because of the surrounding mountains.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

It was at Elizabethon.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Learjet 60 - N8JR

Sounds like they slid off the end of the runway on an abort.

edit on 8/15/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Some youtube pictures,

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Recollections of Davey Allison and Alan Kulwicki. I'm glad Jr and his family survived this.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He should know better than to open his mouth about the Clintons 😂

On a serious note I really hope everyone on the plane is okay and prayers to the family. Rich or not they have dealt with enough.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Learjet 60 - N8JR

Sounds like they slid off the end of the runway on an abort.

N8JR is a Cessna Citation Latitude according to the Registry, and the on-scene photos show the remains of a Citation empennnage. Local news reports said it was a landing overrun.There is no ILS approach to couple to on Runway 24 and there is a 4300 foot ridge near the final approach path to 24. The runway is 4529 feet long and there is no VASI to visually guide approach slope.

new topics

top topics

join