It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Bible is not GOD!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
All's I Know Is The Passion Of Christ Was A Merciless Ass Whippin'...
So... It Should Comes As No Surprise That He Won't Be Comin' Back For Ass Whippin' Number Two. Once Is Enough. Especially With All The Denominations Feuding With One Another About The Craft.

Get Thee A Wife... For It Is Much Ado About Nothing...

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinocchio

Smh

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DustybudzZ
a reply to: EasternShadow

Even so, it does not mean everything Jesus said in the Bible was wrong. 

Never said that

Then you agree The Bible isn't completely useless as your OP pointed out?

You said this:

To say God called the light GOOD and the darkness EVIL

But then that would mean GOD created evil???

Maybe? Or maybe evil was always there like GOD is evil like (dark matter) and when he made the light (good) he saw it was greater then the dark (evil)

Have you ever consider, without night, how can day exist? Without evil how can good exist? Without knowing good and evil, how can there be any law?

Without darkness how can plant store carbon dioxide and how can nocturnal animals like bat survive?

Without night, how can you have a good night sleep?

Everything has a reason. Even virus and bacteria has their reason to survive naturally by God's law.

Good and Evil are man made construct to justify things they dont understand. And seriously I don't think God judge everything He does according to human thought. Neither He cares what anyone thinks of.
edit on 17-8-2019 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Then you agree The Bible isn't completely useless as your OP pointed out? 

LOL...

Wow, seriously...
the levels of education & comprehension or should I say uncomprehension

Are amazing

That was not and is not the point of my OP

I honestly don't know how much more clear I can be on my perspective...

You said this: 

originally posted by: DustybudzZ 
To say God called the light GOOD and the darkness EVIL 

But then that would mean GOD created evil??? 

Maybe? Or maybe evil was always there like GOD is evil like (dark matter) and when he made the light (good) he saw it was greater then the dark (evil)

Yes that is what I said

But I dont see how any of this is connected to what I was saying...

I think you may have misunderstood...

Have you ever consider, without night, how can day exist? Without evil how can good exist? Without knowing good and evil, how can there be any law?

Yes I have...
I Never said night was a bad thing. or that we shouldn't have it.

Without darkness how can plant store carbon dioxide and how can nocturnal animals like bat survive?

They wouldn't...
again never said darkness was a bad thing and that we shouldn't have it...

Without night, how can you have a good night sleep?

Personally if I'm tired, I can sleep during the day also.

But again I never said we shouldn't have night??

Everything has a reason.

Meh?? That I'm not so sure about depends on what your talking about

Even virus and bacteria has their reason to survive naturally by God's law.

Yeah I know... so do the darn flys and Mosquito that's always buggin me lol

Good and Evil are man made construct to justify things they dont understand. And seriously I don't think God judge everything He does according to human thought. Neither He cares what anyone thinks of.

I totally 100% agree with this statement

I think we are pretty much on the same page friend

edit on 17-8-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   

LOL...

Wow, seriously...
the levels of education & comprehension or should I say uncomprehension

Are amazing

That was not and is not the point of my OP

I honestly don't know how much more clear I can be on my perspective...

And your point of OP is just to tell us the reasons why you don't think The "Holy" Bible is not God?

( It's strange you call the Bible as "Holy" yet you claimed it is man made. If it is man made, then it should not be "Holy". Don't you think so?)

You questions the merit of The Bible as you claimed it is corrupted, misinterpreted and others reasons. And you repeated said, it is man made.

Am I right?

It was written by men, filled with interpolations, contradictions and many other copyist errors. And I would like to add, it is corrupted by religion and political agenda as well.

So what?

I have argued a lot with others on the subject regarding the Bible's credibility and preservation. Like you, I don't trust everything in the Bible is the word of God. I don't trust many aspects of John's writings. But John's writing was verified to be one of the earliest manuscripts available and it is authentic. We just don't know for certain whether it was really John or someone else under his supervision.

Regardless of every flaws in the Bible, I believe that Jesus really said:

"Father, forgive them for they do not know what they're doing."

"Father, why have you forsaken me?"

"Remember my command."

"I will leave now, but I will sent you a comforter in my name."

The Roman's spear pierced through Jesus's rib and blood flows down. Jesus was confirmed dead. He was indeed a human. The centurions reported this to Pontius Pilate. And He was well... Dismayed. For someone like him, his reaction was, you know....., quite shocking!

I don't have to read the Bible to know the story was not fiction.

The apostles and Paul would not give up their life for man made fiction. There must be some good reasons.

The Bible was just there for me to verify.

And it did the job for me.

Regardless, there are the words of God inside the Bible. You just have to dig them out. And it is not easy. As Pontius Pilate already point out,

"What is the truth?"

edit on 18-8-2019 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

And your point of OP is just to tell us the reasons why you don't think The "Holy" Bible is not God? 

No... saying "the Holy Bible is not GOD"...
is just a way to get people's attention...
and to bring attention to the real problems

( It's strange you call the Bible as "Holy" yet you claimed it is man made. If it is man made, then it should not be "Holy". Don't you think so?)

I say "Holy Bible" so everyone knows what (bible) I'm referring to...
Because not everyone thinks that the "Holy Bible" is the only (bible)...
That's the only reason for that

You questions the merit of The Bible as you claimed it is corrupted, misinterpreted and others reasons. And you repeated said, it is man made. 

Am I right? 

Yes...

It was written by men, filled with interpolations, contradictions and many other copyist errors. And I would like to add, it is corrupted by religion and political agenda as well. 

Yep...

So what?

Well if it doesn't bother you...
Cool... to each his own

I have argued a lot with others on the subject regarding the Bible's credibility and preservation. Like you, I don't trust everything in the Bible is the word of God. I don't trust many aspects of John's writings.

Ok...so were still on the same page

But John's writing was verified to be one of the earliest manuscripts available and it is authentic. We just don't know for certain whether it was really John or someone else under his supervision. 

Ok yep...

Regardless of every flaws in the Bible, I believe that Jesus really said: 

"Father, forgive them for they do not know what they're doing." 

"Father, why have you forsaken me?" 

"Remember my command." 

"I will leave now, but I will sent you a comforter in my name.

Me too.

The Roman's spear pierced through Jesus's rib and blood flows down. Jesus was confirmed dead. He was indeed a human. The centurions reported this to Pontius Pilate. And He was well... Dismayed. For someone like him, his reaction was, you know....., quite shocking! 

Ok...

I don't have to read the Bible to know the story was not fiction.

Me either...

The apostles and Paul would not give up their life for man made fiction. There must be some good reasons. 

I personally agree...
Never said it was fiction...
(But to an atheist...
they don't believe in the bible let alone the apostles & paul. And to them that would just be your opinion.)

The Bible was just there for me to verify.

How can something be verified, when that something your trying to verify, came from the same thing your trying to use to verify it?

That's what we call a paradox
Just saying that's logical

And it did the job for me

That's wonderful
I'm so happy to hear that

But key word in there "me"...
...Still just an opinion

Regardless, there are the words of God inside the Bible. You just have to dig them out. And it is not easy. As Pontius Pilate already point out, 

"What is the truth?" 

I agree...

But an atheist would not and wouldn't even want to read the bible.

I think I have already stated the point if my OP numerous times...

But I'm more then happy to do so again for you...

This is kind of a rant... 
But the subject matter is religious so I decided to put it in this forum

That's the first couple lines in my OP... so just to point out this was a rant as stated

But my point was just pretty much saying...

To most Christians... (not all)
you don't always have to quote from the bible (especially to "non believers")

(Testify) more often to non believers... it works so much better trust me

They don't believe in the bible anyway and no matter how much you try to convince them they wont listen if it's coming from the bible

(and I'm talking about people who truly do not believe and only believe science and or another religion or something along those lines)

(not lukewarm Christians)

It's ok to think outside the box

It's ok to question everything

GOD is soooooo much BIGGER then the bible

Idk I guess I just love GOD so much I don't like when people try to limit GOD and all his glory to only the standards of the Bible

GOD is that and so so so much more

But yeah it can come from your heart also...
listen and GOD speaks to you...
It doesn't always have to be a bible quote...
That's all I was saying...

edit on 18-8-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

How can something be verified, when that something your trying to verify, came from the same thing your trying to use to verify it?

That's what we call a paradox
Just saying that's logical

Nope. My main source isn't any ancient religious textbooks. It's from direct personal experience with Lucid dreams, OOBE and Praying.

It is personal opinion on my part.

The Bible and other religious scriptures are just secondary references for clarification and verification.

GOD is soooooo much BIGGER then the bible

Idk I guess I just love GOD so much I don't like when people try to limit GOD and all his glory to only the standards of the Bible

GOD is that and so so so much more

Fair enough.

But yeah it can come from your heart also...
listen and GOD speaks to you...
It doesn't always have to be a bible quote...
That's all I was saying...

And that is the tricky part, because it relates to individual faith. Something atheis is lacking.

But yes. I totally agree with you.
edit on 18-8-2019 by EasternShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DustybudzZ

Ok now can anyone explain to me what the difference between the 1st day and the 4th day are???Text

Strong's Lexicon yom is Hebrew #3117 יוֹם The word Yom's root meaning is to be hot as the warm hours of a day. Thus "yom", in its context, is sometimes translated as: "time" (Gen 4:3, Is.

God's time has always been whatsoever He deems to be measured and by what His method is used in measuring. Our terrestrial death does not end celestial time but only our measure of time.

Our time was created in the fourth era of forming that which was created in the fourth era or Yom [light to light].

Yom varied from celestial light to celestial light in the first three and part of fourth eras. As the terrestrial light was placed to rule as Yom [Star/Sun]. Then the celestial light was diminished seven fold and Yom became created for us.

Could get into quite a discussion here but that is as simple as I can explain without a really deep theological discussion.

posted on Aug, 18 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

There are so many things in the bible that pastors and churches do not what to talk aboutText

Mostly it is because of what the religious leaders are taught themselves. Most follow the training centers of their faith. I am sure you have heard of the blind leading the blind? We have this in most all of our leading universities in the U.S. today. But this also spills over into the politico arena and divides people in all walks and forms of life. Not just the religious arena but all factions of knowledge. You have and will always have this division. This is not restricted to just Christians as you seem to center your rant, but to all people who have the freedom to express their preferences.

The NT bible is compiled of men who have written letters expressing facts as well as opinions. There are many events that many people do not agree with the authors but then if you were one of those authors you would likely face the very same

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So Dose anyone want to try to explain the difference between the 1st day and the 4th day in Genesis?

Perhaps you ought to stop asking the wrong people (mostly thinking of the pastor you asked; but you'll get similar incorrect or misleading answers from young earth creationists; oh, and after just reading Seede's comment about it, I apparently have to add people like Seede as well, which didn't sound that simple to me, I couldn't make heads or tails of it, especially the 2nd half).

This article contains the answer to your question. In particular in the section called "Six Creative Periods", but I recommend reading the context as well. Don't miss the footnote that mentions this though (indicated by a *):

In the description of what happened on the first “day,” the Hebrew word used for light is ’ohr, light in a general sense, but concerning the fourth “day,” the word used is ma·’ohrʹ, which refers to the source of light.

Source: Science and the Genesis Account

Also note that neither verses 3-5 (the first creative day) nor 14-19 (the 4th) speak about the creation of light, the sun or the moon. In case you are not aware of this, "the heavens" in verse 1 is referring to the universe and everything in it, including our sun and moon. Verse 1 is already referring to the creation of these. Many young earth creationists teach that the sun and moon were created on the 4th day, which primarily gained popularity among young earth creationists after a book written by Ellen G. White interpreting Genesis as such, who was instrumental within a small group of early Adventists who formed what became known as the Seventh-day Adventist Church. But as shown by this phenomenon, had much wider influence regarding the interpretation of Genesis. The Smithsonian magazine named Ellen G. White among the "100 Most Significant Americans of All Time".
edit on 19-8-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
whereislogic

oh, and after just reading Seede's comment about it, I apparently have to add people like Seede as well, which didn't sound that simple to me, I couldn't make heads or tails of it, especially the 2nd half).

You seem confused and not well to understand. You should leave the Hebrew to the Hebrews and the fiction to the ones such as Ellen G. White.
Read this source if it pleases you to become aware of my post.
factsandfaith.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I have to ask OP do you believe that God is capable of providing a message
to the world? That men who seek him may know him thru the writings there
in? You say you follow Christ but deny the only book that tells us his story?

I don't need to quote the Bible to point out the fact that with out it you
wouldn't know anything about him. And I'm just gonna say it straight out.
Mens hearts are to prone to evil to have Gods word written on them.

That's why we have a "Holy Bible" You clearly have no idea of what scribes
went thru just for that book to be here. People quote Gods word because
men need to hear it. You're just wrong!

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Ok now can anyone explain to me what the difference between the 1st day and the 4th day are???

Do you see the first day and night are written with a capital.

The second day and night are not written with a capital.

Children of light, children of the Day.
Children of darkness, children of the Night.

Day as in light, but not the light of the sun on earth.
Night as in darkness, but not the darkness of night as lack of light of the sun, but as in without love.

It's what all of the Bible is about.
edit on 21-8-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Maybe you should go back and read the whole thread...
Then you would already have the answer to your questions...
But I guess I can repeat myself again to save you the trouble.

do you believe that God is capable of providing a message 
to the world? 

Yes.

That men who seek him may know him thru the writings there 
in? 

Yes.
But, "men who seek him" is not who the discussion was about anyway

You say you follow Christ but deny the only book that tells us his story? 

Never denied the (whole) Bible in its entirety...
And the Bible actually isn't the one & only source of information on Christ believe it or not (look into it)

I don't need to quote the Bible to point out the fact that with out it you 
wouldn't know anything about him. 

That maybe true...
But isn't it also kind of the problem?

(Knowing about someone is different then believing in and having faith that someone actually existed)

Mens hearts are to prone to evil to have Gods word written on them. 

That statement is false...
And just proves you have little understanding of the subject matter.

It's even in the Bible many times...

2 Corinthians 3:3 
And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Romans 2:14-16 
For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

There is a lot of places the Bible points this out

Also think about this...
(Hypothetically)
If you were to take a new born baby and rase that baby to know (only) good & kindness. and (that's all they knew) that person is going to be good & kind and vice versa with evil

Something kinda like the philosophical views of Socrates

You clearly have no idea of what scribes 
went thru just for that book to be here.

What did they go threw?...
Besides having a hard time translating Hebrew, Greek, Arabic and whatever other ancient languages into English & modern languages because some meanings of the ancient language words couldn't be translated so they had to retrofit words that had the closest possible meaning...

Which has proved a fallacy to some degree of accuracy

People quote Gods word because 
men need to hear it

Sometimes...
& sometimes for other more nefarious reasons

You're just wrong!

Well you are entitled to your own opinion...
but indeed that's all it is
(One common among young earth creationists)

edit on 21-8-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Children of light, children of the Day. 
Children of darkness, children of the Night. 

Day as in light, but not the light of the sun on earth. 
Night as in darkness, but not the darkness of night as lack of light of the sun, but as in without love. 

It's what all of the Bible is about

Yes that is what I got out of it also

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

2 Corinthians 3:3 And you show that you are a letter from Christ delivered by us, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

This is referring to mens hearts indeed and how they became a letter
of recommendation to each other. but only after their hearts had
changed amigo.

There is a lot of places the Bible points this out

But in not one of them would it ever say his word is written on the hearts of all men.
Which I believe is what you said let me check.

Yep ya did.

Not trying to play semantics or word games but again Gods word
would certainly be written on some mens hearts. But to say all mens
hearts is not near the truth at all.

Sometimes... & sometimes for other more nefarious reasons

NP here I agree with you in fact we agree more than disagree

edit on 21-8-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I know it is the word of God by personal experience. Sorry you can't argue with a man's experience. You have not experienced it and that is why you ask "how do you know?"

"Was you" is poor grammar, the correct English grammar is "Were you" Again I know by experience. You can't argue with that, so nothing will change my mind and heart because of that.

Yes, I know how to read Biblical Hebrew and Biblical Aramaic as well as Koine Greek and early Latin.

No the AV1611 Bible is not God, it contains the WORDS, all the words of God, that he wants us to have in English. The AV1611 has all the words while all other English versions.

I did as you asked I didn't quote any Bible verses.

Be blessed.

edit on 8/21/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

But in not one of them would it ever say his word is written on the hearts of all men. 

Really??...
Ok what about Adam & eve?
And also all the other people that had faith in GOD and in Jesus before the bible was made?

Not only is it written in every man's heart it's also written in the stars...
most if not all ancient cultures vigorously studied the stars (ie.)
(Astrology/astronomy)

But to say all mens 
hearts is not near the truth at all. 

I believe it is...
It's written in all our hearts...
Because We are all GODs creation...
We do however have free will and can choose (good) or (evil)
As we please...

GOD is a just GOD
And will not force us...

Because God loves us to much
And want's us to come to him on our own on our choice

GOD shines on the just and the unjust the right and the wrong the holy and unholy the righteous and unrighteous

NP here I agree with you in fact we agree more than disagree 

Couldn't agree more LOL

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Lol just more word vomit

Keep editing till it makes since lol

Please quote me fully so I know what you are talking about

Lol

O and try to go back and read the full thread next time there buddy and read it right

Thanks

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I know it is the word of God by personal experience. Sorry you can't argue with a man's experience. 

Exactly...
That's kinda the point of my thread lol

You have not experienced it and that is why you ask "how do you know?" 

I have experienced it...
Wasn't aware you knew me personally lol

You have to be more specific on your quotes...
Either you are purposely trying to take it out of context or you just didn't read it right

What are you talking about
("how do you know")
What was I saying it too?

Was you" is poor grammar, the correct English grammar is "Were you"

Are you the grammar police??? Lol
Any way
I know that lol didn't say (was you) again you have to be more specific

If I did it was a typo by mistake lol

Again I know by experience. You can't argue with that, so nothing will change my mind and heart because of that. 

Again I agree lol
Calm down

Yes, I know how to read Biblical Hebrew and Biblical Aramaic as well as Koine Greek and early Latin. 

That's awesome I wish I could...
But once again taken out of context lol

No the AV1611 Bible is not God, it contains the WORDS, all the words of God, that he wants us to have in English. The AV1611 has all the words while all other English versions. 

Ok....

I did as you asked I didn't quote any Bible verses. 

Be blessed. 

Much appreciated
Much love bro...

Have a good night

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join