It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Holy Bible is not GOD!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is kind of a rant...
But the subject matter is religious so I decided to put it in this forum

Why is it that most Christians try to convince people that GOD and Jesus exist by quoting the bible?

First thing I want to point out is that the Holy Bible is not GOD
It was written by MAN

So in my opinion it is simply Man's interpretation, perspective & perception. inspired by the word of GOD

It is in no way complete or perfect

Followers of Christ should understand this

The last thing a non believer, atheists, etc. What's to hear is a quote from the Bible...

They don't believe in the first place so what makes you think you can convince them just by quoting from a book that they hold no value in whatsoever?

I consider myself a follower of Christ not a Christian...

Because I do not believe in any organization religion

Nither did Jesus btw

There was never supposed to be "religion" that is MAN made.
Denominations Are man made
The BIBLE is MAN made

I just don't understand why people feel you have to be part of an organized religion to be a believer of GOD... you don't

So back to my point...

The bible is an amazing Book. And there is lots of good stuff in there to live by.

But I just feel like if GOD was here right now...
he would laugh at the bible and say that it's not even a fraction of the whole bigger picture

But the bible dose not have all the answers and as a believer of GOD I truly believe that

You have to go by what's in your heart

But it's going to be hard to hold up your argument when all you do is quote a book that was written by man a long time ago...
A book that non believers could care less about

It's just the same story every time
Followers of Christ get ridiculed when trying to present there case because all they have to back up there claims is....

yep the Bible

And I know your gonna say...
"But dustybudzz the Bible is the word of GOD." Really???
"If we don't quote the Bible what do we quote?"

Let me ask you this...
what about all the people before the bible was written

It's already in your heart

Ever been to church listening to a pastor preach or been reading the bible and thought to yourself well that just dose not sound right???

I know I have that's because it's inside all of us

GOD's word is already written in our hearts

One of our main jobs as followers of Christ is to be like him as much as possible and to spread the gospel

But Christians tend to be some of the worst kind of people out there it's no wonder why so many people are denouncing there faith

To most it's all about money

But I digress...

I just feel part of the problem when trying to help someone understand and when someone needs to hear the right words at the right moment

A quote from the bible can actually end the conversation faster then you would have hoped

There is so much corruption in the Christian community nowadays and all to often Jesus's name is just used as a means to collect money

Owning a church and preaching should not be a pastor's sole source of income in my opinion

To many megachurches out there asking for money when they should be giving & helping there community

These are the reason's behind everyone's indifference towards the Christian community myself included

To many think everyone in the Christian community is uneducated and close minded

Not everyone that is a believer of GOD and Jesus are uneducated hillbillies

Wanna see an example of the Bible contradicting itself...?

Just to sorta prove my point on the bible and why I think other followers of Christ should not always be so quick to word vomit a bible quote & let there faith stand solely on a book written by man a long time ago

Ok here we go...
let's go back to the beginning... all the way back to Genius!!

Genesis 1 King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Ok now can anyone explain to me what the difference between the 1st day and the 4th day are???

See this is my point

I asked a pastor of a church i used to go to that very question and he didn't have an answer

There are so many things in the bible that pastors and churches do not what to talk about

Like Jesus be married to Mary Magdalene

And what about all the stuff changed, taken out, all the stuff the Vatican is hiding???

In my question above I think there is a pretty good explanation...

In my opinion it's because the real scriptures that was written in hebrew and Arabic and whatever other languages was different and in today's modern languages some words don't hold the same meanings they did in the original text..

So... it would make more since for the first day

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night

To say God called the light GOOD and the darkness EVIL

But then that would mean GOD created evil???

Maybe? Or maybe evil was always there like GOD is evil like (dark matter) and when he made the light (good) he saw it was greater then the dark (evil)

Maybe GOD had to learn like us? But because we perceive time as linear, God is already 1000 times more intelligent

Ok so for my closing statement...

if your a follower of Christ I challenge you...
edit on 15-8-2019 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Try to help people come to understand without using only quotes from the bible.

Think outside the box more often

Don't be afraid to question things.

Your pastor does not have all the answers

And the bible is not GOD!!!

Rant over

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
True what you see, but the math of the prophecies all coming true should convince anyone.....multi detailed prophecy.....in the headlines

This telling the end from the beginning.....was written down 2250 years ago go figure....

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DustybudzZ

They don't believe in the first place so what makes you think you can convince them just by quoting from a book that they hold no value in whatsoever?

While it may not register with some, it will register with others who are reading them.

Also, I truly believe that someday more people WILL be turning to the Bible for answers when there are no answers anywhere else. Someday, when the world is out of control more than it is now, people will finally see the Bible for what it really is and turn to it. These verses may not mean much to some now, but they will at a later date and it's important to draw attention to it now.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

One of our main jobs as followers of Christ is to be like him as much as possible and to spread the gospel

Do you always contradict yourself? To spread the gospel, you have to know and understand it. The gospel is written and Jesus himself quoted from the Old Testament continuously.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

Do you always contradict yourself? To spread the gospel, you have to know and understand it. The gospel is written and Jesus himself quoted from the Old Testament continuously.

How did i contradict myself?

I do know and understand the gospel.

The gospel is written

What dose that mean?

and Jesus himself quoted from the Old Testament continuously

Yeah I know... what dose that have to do with anything I said???

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DustybudzZ
Why is it that most Christians try to convince people that GOD and Jesus exist by quoting the bible?

If someone wants to convince people that you exist, how would he go about it?
He would probably
a) Describe what you look like
b) Quote things you have said
c) Describe things you have done.
That's the function of the Bible (leaving out the first, which can't be done).

I've been an atheist, so I can see the truth in this. But that only means that we can't expect it to be a legal-type proof.

I see the Bible as a joint project between God and man (and the flaws in the Bible as coming from the human contribution).

edit on 15-8-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The fact that you don't recognize it is truly astounding to me.

You say that Christians should spread the gospel, but how do you know who Jesus is and what He told us about scripture and the gospel if you don't read it for yourself in the Bible? You claim the Bible is important while throwing water on it all at the same time. You're contradicting yourself. I've already pointed out how scripture was important enough that Jesus quoted from it on a regular basis.

Here's how important it is...

Luke 24:44-45

44 And he [Jesus] said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

John 5:46-47

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me [Jesus]; for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

edit on 15-8-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So Dose anyone want to try to explain the difference between the 1st day and the 4th day in Genesis?

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm not going to bother because I don't think it matters.
What matters is the theological message of the chapter, that God is the source of all things.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

A period of evening and morning separated them, so your question doesn't make much sense. Is there another way for you to elaborate on that question?

If you're asking how light and dark came before the creation of the sun and moon, God/Jesus is light. He can call it forth without the help of the sun or the moon.

Revelation 21:22-23

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

edit on 15-8-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A Christian literally is "a follower of Christ." Although you don't really appear to be a follower of Christ so I won't bother continuing.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

A period of evening and morning separated them, so your question doesn't make much sense. Is there another way for you to elaborate on that question?

If you're asking how light and dark came before the creation of the sun and moon, God/Jesus is light. He can call it forth without the help of the sun or the moon.

Revelation 21:22-23

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

So what was created on the first day then?
Are you suggesting he did the same thing twice on 2 different days?

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManWhoWasThursday
A Christian literally is "a follower of Christ." Although you don't really appear to be a follower of Christ so I won't bother continuing.

And what makes me not appear to be a follower of Christ?

See this is what I'm talking about
It's not just about what's in a book like so many think

you know how many people get pushed away by the Christian community? because they are "sinners" when we are all sinners
And no one is perfect.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Satan deceives a man because of that mans sin and tells him the Bible is man made. At that point there is no way that man understands the Bible because he believes the lie of the Devil.

Vs 3-8 in Genesis 1 do not deal with the earth at all. He called the light Day and the darkness Night. This is absolute moral light and absolute moral darkness . The firmament was created to separate the two when God created a frozen deep made of Crystallized water at absolute zero, as seen by Ezekiel and John. The verse of 1-8they deal with the second and third heaven not the earth. Notice the change of the "firmament" in verse eight "Heaven" to the "Firmament" in verse 17 "heaven". There is Light above the firmament and Darkness below it and God filled it with Stars, a Sun and a Moon to give light to the earth. Jesus is that Light that God calls for in verse 3.

But a mind that already believes that the Bible is man made has already rejected the light God gives a man.

edit on 8/15/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DustybudzZ
So Dose anyone want to try to explain the difference between the 1st day and the 4th day in Genesis?

God has the idea of light, it works well. He uses it to help bring about land and vegetation. But in order the bring about living creatures, the light need to be contained. He made light generation devices and light reflecting devices, that would make the earth sustainable for animals and humans. After day four animals arrive.

The creation story shows how God is leading by example. Examples of making decisions, it also says that, God saw that it was not good for man to be alone. God did not fail here. He did this so we humans can see how important companionships is. So we choose community over isolation. He shows us with the light that a good thing contained can bring life. We now put fire into fireplaces.

This is God coaching free will.
edit on 15-8-2019 by Observationalist because: Change coaching not creating

edit on 15-8-2019 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I also have noticed it happening. People use the Bible as proof for the existence of God when logically the Bible cannot even be proven to be non-fiction much less accurate. Those who believe in God and in Christ know this and yet still somehow manage to resort to quoting the Bible to prove their points- which proves absolutely nothing- because there is no proof. One can truly believe in talking white rabbits and talking caterpillars and quote passages from Alice In Wonderland as proof that they exist, but quoting a book proves absolutely nothing.

The existence of God and Christ is a matter of FAITH and something that can only be "proven" on an individual basis by what is felt in one's own heart to be true and right. Even witnessing miracles cannot prove their existence for there will always be those who will seek and find worldly explanations to counter Holy ones, thus reinforcing belief is a matter of faith not fact.

While I absolutely DO believe in God and in Christ I logically know that there is no solid proof with which to convince any non-believer. They will only be convinced by their own hearts and minds.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Everyone committing on this thread is my point exactly

Thank you all of you for proving my point

Lol wow

Stay in your little small boxes

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   

So what was created on the first day then?
Are you suggesting he did the same thing twice on 2 different days?

He separated light from darkness on the first day.

He created the sun and moon on the fourth day.

Once again, light doesn't only come from the sun or moon. God/Jesus is light. The Bible tells us that Jesus is also the light of man.

The separation of light and darkness could just be God's way of telling us that He created a barrier between the heavens and the earth so that time and space didn't cross each other. God/Jesus are not bound to this world.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

But a mind that already believes that the Bible is man made has already rejected the light God gives a man. 

Really?? Is that in there too???
Don't think so

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join