It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist claims space rock could deliver alien life to Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: Klassified

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying our ignorance of how we came to be doesn't automatically equal "god".

But our ignorance of how we came to be doesn't automatically equal "it was a fluke".

The mathematically predictable laws of physics, chemistry, and so on are signs of an intelligence. Laws are created by intelligent beings. Mathematics are inherently intelligent.

Could randomness have done it? There is no scientific evidence that insists that it could. Given the intelligence all around us and within us, it is far, far, far more likely to suppose it is an Intelligent Design.

There is absolutely zero evidence to lend credence to a creator. It's literally believing in a fairy tale.

I'm confident that within the next 100 years we will be colonizing space, and when we find life on another celestial body it will be really hard to keep believing the fairy tale that 'god did it'.
edit on 16-8-2019 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop
No, what I mean is Alien life needs Alien conditions

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Yes, but intelligence comes from experience...

The universe is intelligible due to experiencing its self and trail error.

The big plan isn’t singular, there is a multiverse with all different outcomes other than how life was made here.

IMO God is the absolute noun that describes the
Omni or multiverse that no one can fully understand but can accept like they can their hands.
edit on 16-8-2019 by 57ORM1IV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Supposing we did start life here as a human race
Which I highly doubt due to diversity...

Then that comet bringing the first building blocks of life is as native as any of us... think about that for a second... that’s how life has started on some planets before terraforming became popular and stealing planets, claiming they was Gods with the intelligence of the omniverse themselves to more primitive humans or beings.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Some particular type of scientists do tend to claim some crazy stuff in elaborate storylines and sophisticated language supported by 'persuasive'* arguments (*: persuasive to some who want their ears tickled, usually not to those who know a bit more details about the subject and have no issue dealing with these relevant realities/facts that are inconvenient for the naturalistic storyline hence not mentioned or addressed in it or the marketing attempts for that story presented under the marketingbanner of "science"). Yet it remains nonsense.

“The learned fool,” once said Benjamin Franklin, “writes his nonsense in better language than the unlearned; but still ’tis nonsense.”

How can you protect yourself from the types of people that the Bible calls “profitless talkers” and “deceivers of the mind”? (Titus 1:10) Once you are familiar with some of their tricks, you are in a better position to evaluate any message or information that comes your way. Here are some ways to do this.
Ask questions: As we have seen, there are many today who would like to ‘delude us with persuasive arguments.’ (Colossians 2:4) Therefore, when we are presented with persuasive arguments, we should ask questions.

First, examine whether there is bias. What is the motive for the message?

Source: Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda! Awake!—2000
edit on 8-9-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join