It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist claims space rock could deliver alien life to Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The Express

Natalie Starkey revealed how the discovery showed comets and asteroids contain carbon molecules that may have provided the ingredients to start life on Earth. The scientist claimed these space rocks may one day deliver and harvest alien life to Earth from the depths of space. However, she warned this could only be made possible in the correct circumstances

Haha! well, to be “Alien” the correct circumstances they’d have to evolve the same which would take ooh good trillion years different star size climate etc before they was intelligent enough to know they was on a stupid planet.. stupid Cosmochemist

edit on 15-8-2019 by 57ORM1IV because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 57ORM1IV

Not sure if I am missing some irony here, but panspermia has been known about for a loooooooong time.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
When you can't find proof that it was possible to form life randomly on earth, you have to start speculating about astronomically low-chance events seeding life on this planet.

Why are people so afraid of admitting that intelligence is required to form intelligent life? We were not spawned from random chemical interactions, we come from an Intelligent force.

The intelligible conclusion is a transcendent Intelligent Being creating the intelligent life and physical laws on earth. Understanding physical laws and mathematical patterns in nature, biology and cosmology leads us to realize the handiwork of this Intelligent Being.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Not sure if I am missing some irony here, but panspermia has been known about for a loooooooong time.

Yes but for alien life to grow on Earth it needs alien conditions or it’s just normal Earth life.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I could see some paricite or disease being brought in. Either one could do a lot of damage.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag

I could see some paricite or disease being brought in. Either one could do a lot of damage.
If the disease or parasite was borne of other conditions it likely wouldn’t take hold, but in the hypothetical- if modified and a bioweapon sent directly by aliens who had been experimenting on us it could... but most beings visiting here are benign so don’t worry too much about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I didn't say it was likely. It's just a guess off of what they were saying. Scary none the less.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 57ORM1IV

originally posted by: Kocag

If the disease or parasite was borne of other conditions it likely wouldn’t take hold, but in the hypothetical- if modified and a bioweapon sent directly by aliens who had been experimenting on us it could... but most beings visiting here are benign so don’t worry too much about it.

A general use bioweapon that can modify itself on the fly, when it encounters something new, would probably fit the ticket no matter what, sir.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
When you can't find proof that it was possible to form life randomly on earth, you have to start speculating about astronomically low-chance events seeding life on this planet.

Why are people so afraid of admitting that intelligence is required to form intelligent life? We were not spawned from random chemical interactions, we come from an Intelligent force.

The intelligible conclusion is a transcendent Intelligent Being creating the intelligent life and physical laws on earth. Understanding physical laws and mathematical patterns in nature, biology and cosmology leads us to realize the handiwork of this Intelligent Being.

The odds of winning one lottery jackpot are staggering. The odds of the same person winning two jackpots are astronomical, yet both have happened.

Why is it so hard to believe intelligent life could be a fluke? Sure, there could be an intelligence behind it, but just because the odds are high doesn't mean there is. When we don't understand something, our mind has a tendency to try and fill in the gaps, usually with no supporting evidence.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying our ignorance of how we came to be doesn't automatically equal "god".

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So where did this life come from and how did it start
Just moving the abiogenesis factor off planet doesn’t change the problem does it

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Good thing about science these days is that they've killed a lot of their credibility by giving us the answers the government has paid them billions to "find". They don't even bother using common sense anymore.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

The odds of winning one lottery jackpot are staggering. The odds of the same person winning two jackpots are astronomical, yet both have happened.

Why is it so hard to believe intelligent life could be a fluke? Sure, there could be an intelligence behind it, but just because the odds are high doesn't mean there is. When we don't understand something, our mind has a tendency to try and fill in the gaps, usually with no supporting evidence.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying our ignorance of how we came to be doesn't automatically equal "god".

Not with a lowercase g, no.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

edit on 8/15/2019 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The operative phrase here is "could have." That it "could have" does not mean it "did."

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Not with a lowercase g, no.

It doesn't automatically equal "God" either.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

But our ignorance of how we came to be doesn't automatically equal "it was a fluke".

The mathematically predictable laws of physics, chemistry, and so on are signs of an intelligence. Laws are created by intelligent beings. Mathematics are inherently intelligent.

Could randomness have done it? There is no scientific evidence that insists that it could. Given the intelligence all around us and within us, it is far, far, far more likely to suppose it is an Intelligent Design.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Yip, hardly anything they say holds
any weight in my mind.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 57ORM1IV

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Yes but for alien life to grow on Earth it needs alien conditions or it’s just normal Earth life.

So you get a tsetse fly worm in you from a nasty bite. It's not actually a foreign thing in your natural state, it's now part of you?

No worries brundle...

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

What has god done to earn a capitol?

Kill, like, everyone since the beginning of life, and continue to do so, in painful and barbaric ways, with our knowing and contemplation ignored?

god... the biggest sadist to ever have been imagined.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Was it a scientist or Bill Nye?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join