It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter - 4 Police shot in Philadelphia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Would you eat an M&M in a bowl of a 100 if you knew 10 were poisoned?

Depends, is my mother in law talking to me?

She just texted me.

She's moving in.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And I get that point as well.

But like I said a lot of well seasoned shooters can be sloppy when they get hit with adrenaline.

Not every case is the same and plenty of responsible people have thwarted catastrophe, I was speaking to the matter of LOE dealing with a situation already, and people hopping in on that.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

No.

I suspect you misinterpret what I said.

As an individual, I am a DOD crisis responder on an emergency call up list and everything. Also I am an Honorably discharged combat veteran who deployed to Iraq during the surge of 2007.

So, I may see situations completely different than your average Joe civilian. Do you see what I'm saying now? My response to a situational is going to be different than yours, or any one else who is a civilian. I understand that, do you?

So yeah, you may think I have watched too much TV, when in fact I've literally been there and done that. Violent conflict, is only resolved with equal violence of action, against the attacker/s.

Other than that, I have no reason to keep explaining myself or my perspective to you or anyone else here who refused to think, about what I said.

Thanks for your time, but I'm done posting on this thread. I only came here to keep tabs on the event, and share my perspective.

I never expected any one to agree, but I was hoping yall would ponder on it, rather than speed read and reply.

I hope the situation as any other, is resolved rapidly

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Chromium51

a reply to: Shamrock6

I’ll keep that in mind and try not to help people I forget you’re always the hero..

It’s easy to forget things when you keep so busy making things up and pretending that’s what’s people actually said. No worries, fella.

I’ll just keep on strolling by. It’s not my place to get involved. If they need help.. well oh well no big deal I know I’m safe

You do that. That’ll show me.

I wasn’t saying it to “show you” I’m appreciative of the opinion. No reason to get sarcastic.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I’ll keep that in mind and try not to help people I forget you’re always the hero..

It’s easy to forget things when you keep so busy making things up and pretending that’s what’s people actually said. No worries, fella.

I’ll just keep on strolling by. It’s not my place to get involved. If they need help.. well oh well no big deal I know I’m safe

You do that. That’ll show me.

I wasn’t saying it to “show you” I’m appreciative of the opinion. No reason to get sarcastic.

Weird, I thought both your comments were highly sarcastic. No, I’m sure of it actually.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

What if five guys rolled onto the scene at once to assist LEO? Is that helping or throwing a wrench in the gears? It could be a distraction.

If you're in a situation that just began to unfold its a bit different than an already complicated police response. If you offered help and it was asked for, it's a bit different than jumping in.

I think shamrocks point was clear. Don't just hop in if police are already involved.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Can we stop with the BS and the jokes, and for those of us paying attention, find out what is going on, from the members that can hear?

Thank you.
We would like to know the whole "who, what, why?"
And thank you to the members providing that.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

What if five guys rolled onto the scene at once to assist LEO? Is that helping or throwing a wrench in the gears? It could be a distraction.

If you're in a situation that just began to unfold its a bit different than an already complicated police response. If you offered help and it was asked for, it's a bit different than jumping in.

I think shamrocks point was clear. Don't just hop in if police are already involved.

I wouldn’t. They’re the professional’s.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Six officers shot. All with non-life threatening wounds.

Officers were jumping out of windows to try and create distance from the shooter. Big shootout. Two officers are still trapped in the building with the shooter. Shooter is barricaded. SWAT and negotiators are on scene.

You’re caught up.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Can we stop with the BS and the jokes, and for those of us paying attention, find out what is going on, from the members that can hear?

Thank you.
We would like to know the whole "who, what, why?"
And thank you to the members providing that.

Drug dealers who shot a bunch of cops are holed up in their drug house.

I say clear the area and use napalm.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Officers are out, no longer hostage situation...

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well....Philly police have a history of that sort of thing.

1985 Police Drop Bombs from Helicopters

Ended up burning down several blocks.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

I don’t think they were ever hostages. They were still talking about the officers having three people in custody, and at least one of the officers still had ammo because SWAT had relayed that one of the officers indicated he was down to his last magazine. The officers were also in two different places, and were able to communicate with SWAT.

Unless you’ve got information I haven’t seen yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
Officers are out, no longer hostage situation...

Police are preparing to move in and "shoot him like a dog", according to one law enforcement officer.

I hope its live-streamed!
edit on 8/14/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

O wow! It's all over every single station here. I'm going to just keep flipping Chanel's to see if i can get any good info.....thanks!

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The two Bike Strike Force cops are out and their 3 suspects.

Shooter is still holed up.

edit on 14-8-2019 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

I pray an incident like this doesn't happen in New York City, while the mayor is Bill DeBlasio. He detests his police force.

DeBlasio would tell the police to take off their gear, and go in to negotiate..one after another until the shooter is out of ammo.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Active shooter in Weirton WV also happening right now..

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I wouldn’t. They’re the professional’s.

Than you and shamrock are probably in agreement.

I wouldn't be surprised if he said do what's right if no LEO is around.

I think people miss nuance in lieu of saying it's one way or the other. For what it's worth I find myself doing that very thing, but I'm working on it.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ML8715

I've also heard someone mention NC as well but haven't confirmed that one yet

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join