It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will the world's response be if China comes down HARD on HK Protesters?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

I say we rain Wal-Marts from the sky on their buck-toothed, slant-eyed asses if they don't back off.

wouldn't that be rawl-marts?

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Is that not the title for Mallrats 2?

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
if, hong kong protesters that want to return to colonial rule being manhandled by hong kong police causes china to invade, i think everyone (sane) would ask why?
does it mean the yellow vest protests in france are summoning a german invasion?

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Well we know what the US response will be... Hands off. Disengagement.
Not my problem.... America first....
Hope it all works out for you.

I hope nobody gets killed.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I hope nobody gets killed.

Oh don't worry Joe Biden says he is going to visit Mao Zedong and work it out, Joe assures us they are old buddies.
Joe says Margaret Thatcher will be joining them.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

China has the capability to take out carriers with hypersonic missiles should America send them to close.

So i really don't see this becoming a shooting war or anything other than a penis waving competition.

Hope it works out well for the people of Hong Kong.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well its a loss for democracy if thats important anymore.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Democracy, shemocracy, it's all a lie anyway.

Money talks, and transcends imaginary lines on maps ta boot.

And there is a lot of that in Hong Kong, money that is.

We all have World Banks end of the day, they will do as they are told, no matter how its spun to Joe Public.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Yeah yeah....
Maybe a word about democracy and freedom. From the leader of the free world?
Ha ha.

He has no input because he has no idea what to do or what to say.

The I hope nobody gets killed was a trump quote if you bothered to watch the video.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Free world eh?

Where is that?

That does not exist anywhere on this planet.

It's as illusory as democracy if we are honest.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Wow, the responses and replies here.

I feel a deep sense of remorse for our fellow free peoples.

Most of the facts posted are indeed true Hong Kong does belong to china, HOWEVER, what one thing most did not mention is that Hong Kong is to continue their way of life for FIFTY(50) Years.

That time has not expired.

You want to know why I'm such a Nationalist? Because I love this country and our Freedoms allowed to do, essentially whatever without restriction, barring death and blantant disregard for Law, we need not be denied the freedom of basic internet navigation, beholden to a social credit based system and or penalized and charged for the simple utterance of words deemed undiresable.

What is happening in Hong Kong cannot be rectified with Military action as it is a sovereign nation of china and thus would bring the coveted war between our nations upon us sooner than predicted.

So why do we care?

Because it is an automous region democratically ruled with free peoples, a freedom experienced much like ours, is being taken. A way of life changing to appeal and subjugate. This is and will be a real world experience to see, a region socially flipped over night and soon be encapsulated into the Great Firewall.

What we can do is condemn it, spotlight it and show the world for what it is. Most of you said the world will cry, whine and stomp their feet then move on. I say, move on and REMEMBER.

Through the CCPs past actions and their subsequent premature reclamation of Hong Kong, I predict nations abroad will be wary of business with china.

Currently, china is not in good light.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yeah yeah....
Maybe a word about democracy and freedom. From the leader of the free world?
Ha ha.

He has no input because he has no idea what to do or what to say.

The I hope nobody gets killed was a trump quote if you bothered to watch the video.

Hope your son is nowhere near there.
Hard for any of ours to be killed if we are not involved.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
[a reply to: andy06shake

No one is calling for war. And this would never lead to war with China.
When the Chinese government came down on Tiananmen Square there was no war but there was a lot of shame on you china from all around the world. en.wikipedia.org...

United States The United States Congress and media criticized the military action. President George H. W. Bush suspended military sales and visits to that country. Large scale protests against the Chinese government took place around the country.[38] George Washington University revealed that, through high-level secret channels on 30 June 1989, the US government conveyed to the government of the People's Republic of China that the events around the Tiananmen Square protests were an "internal affair".[61] U.S. public opinion of Cex]Japan The Japanese government called the response "intolerable" and froze loans to China. Japan was also the first member of the G7 to restore high level relations with China in the following months

Soviet Union General Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev did not explicitly condemn the actions, but called for reform. There was an interest on building relations on a recent summit in Beijing, but the events fueled discussion on human rights and Soviet foreign policy. There was some private criticism of the Chinese response.[2] Newly formed opposition groups condemned the military action. Ten days after the incident the government expressed regret, calling for political dialogue. Public demonstrations occurred at the Chinese embassy in Moscow. A spokesman on 10 June said the Kremlin was "extremely dismayed" at the incident

Japan The Japanese government called the response "intolerable" and froze loans to China. Japan was also the first member of the G7 to restore high level relations with China in the following months

Just a bit of the response from around the world at the time.
edit on 8142019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I don't think the world / USA wants to go to war with China over Hong Kong.

It is events like this that sometimes justify why the US has to play world police and it is unrealistic that the US can just stay out of global conflicts.

Who friken appointed the US as world policeman? I sure didnt as a citizen of the USA. No wonder the world hates the US for meddling in their affairs. My hope is that there is a nation so to say waiting around the corner with a baseball bat.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

If no one is calling for a war, then sending additional ""Warships"" into the area is probably a bad idea.

Canny be for humanitarian aid nether as China won't let then near.

Trade Tariffs probably are not helping matters to be honest.

What's the bet if those went away the Chinese might come around with regards to the future of the place in question?

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

It is events like this that sometimes justify why the US has to play world police and it is unrealistic that the US can just stay out of global conflicts.

Who friken appointed the US as world policeman? I sure didnt as a citizen of the USA. No wonder the world hates the US for meddling in their affairs. My hope is that there is a nation so to say waiting around the corner with a baseball bat.

*The Bretton Woods Agreement, the U.S dollar was officially crowned the world’s reserve currency.
We have vested interest and if deemed necessary, sanction and or tariff Nations, yes, this is the age of the American Empire, deal with it.

BUT, will we do something about this? Like I said, condemn it and spotlight it, but we won't use Military force based on a number of facts.

All we can do is watch and wait for the conclusion.
edit on 14-8-2019 by Arnie123 because: UNCOMFORTABLE AND COLD HARD TRUTHS.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
they'll probably respond the same way they did when Mao Tse-Tung killed an estimated 45 million Chinese in the Cultural Revolution. By doing exactly jack diddly.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

*The Bretton Woods Agreement, the U.S dollar was officially crowned the world’s reserve currency.
We have vested interest and if deemed necessary, sanction and or tariff Nations, yes, this is the age of the American Empire, deal with it.

BUT, will we do something about this? Like I said, condemn it and spotlight it, but we won't use Military force based on a number of facts.

All we can do is watch and wait for the conclusion.

This is the new China century deal with it.

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well Joe Biden just tweeted that he, Anholla Merkin, and the bell ringing lady from game of thrones will be subjecting Mao Zedong to a "walk of shame" along the great wall of china.
Shame
Shame
Shame

posted on Aug, 14 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If they go Tienanmen on the HK supporters there will not be an attack / use of military force on the Chicoms

It will be a purely economic response. While most have set on the sides of the US/Chicom trade war, Europe would and most likely will join the party vis a vie sanctions

It will be a huge boon for the US's Pacific strategy and will also force the hand in more arm sales to Taiwan and others int eh region who are already wary of the ongoing belligerence and expansion in the South China Seas.

As we have kicked around in other threads, there is no winning move for China on this one.

Also one other aspect to consider. Even with their oppressive censorship things are still getting out. Unlike Tienanmen (fueled by fax machines) this will be almost a live streamed massacre so the Chicom's ability to control the narrative will not be as easy as it was then.
edit on 8/14/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join