It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British citizens no peeking: Has HM the Queen passed or is she in her final throws?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: Sillyolme

She did. Despite all that gin, too.

It was the gin which kept her pickled

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: paraphi

Well, the reality is that no deal would make trading goods and services costlier, and in some instances impossible. A weakening global economy and high levels of uncertainty mean the UKs economic activity is already lagging behind.

According to early estimates by the National Institute of Economic and Social Research, our economic output is likely to be contracted in the second quarter of this year, further increasing the chance of a recession.

Combined with weak underlying growth, a no-deal Brexit could further contract the UK’s economy.

W.W.11 Had Lord Haw Haw: William Joyce, better known as Lord Haw-Haw, was a
notorious broadcaster of Nazi propaganda to the UK during World War II.

*Brexit* Has you:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
She's certainly in her last few years and code names are used for sensitive people, however as an ex UK-journo the rumour is absolute bollocks.

Every newspaper is the country world has an office know as 'the morgue' -Every single famous person, public figure and especially head of state has a regularly updated 'special obituary edition' that is already written in QuarkXP format so it's just a case of clicking print when the person eventually dies.

There's no need to pre-warn or tell journalists to get prepared as the editions you read in final print have been gradually compiled over decades so it's ready for print broadcast as the afternoon after an event occurred.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
There's no need to pre-warn or tell journalists to get prepared as the editions you read in final print have been gradually compiled over decades so it's ready for print broadcast as the afternoon after an event occurred.

And sometimes even before!

List of Premature Obituaries

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

put it this way if brexit happens im out of a job !

how can I take delight in that ?

but I can because it means Scotland will be free , it means the better for the whole of Scotland , even if Im unemployed to begin with.

It's going to be #e for a bit , but its already #e!
so things will only get better for us all , and that starts the day we end tory rule of the UK
and we get westminster and the lord system to #

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: Freeborn

put it this way if brexit happens im out of a job !

how can I take delight in that ?

People have been loosing jobs long before Brexit was heard of..... even before

the EU.

When one door closes another opens ....... twenty years ago a cousin of mine

lost his job in engineering, and was without work for some months there was

nothing much in what he was qualified for, but he started up in a small way on

his own, made contacts changed direction a couple of times and is now doing

very well..... much better than he would have done if he hadn't lost his job!

but I can because it means Scotland will be free , it means the better for the whole of Scotland , even if Im unemployed to begin with.

Lollllll....... You will NOT be free, You will have just swapped an easy going

club, for one with bars and an electrified boundry.

It's going to be #e for a bit , but its already #e! so things will only get better for us all

Well thats LIFE .....swings and roundabouts you only get to choose

which park to play in.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

EASY GOING CLUB

aye right pal

pull the other one !

Yes that is exactly what scottish independence is all about choosing which park I play in and who I choose to maintain that park!

edit on 16-8-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   

To be honest i prefer "Tokyo Rose". LoL x

But aye me and the National Institute of Economic and Social Research, then there is 48% of the rest of the nation also.

If you actually imagine that hard Brexit will be a good thing for this nation you simply canny see further than the nose on your Tory puss.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Well, a recession and continued austerity is indeed rather negative.

Wheres that workable Brexit plan again?

That right, fecking nowhere to be seen. LoL

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
the current park we are in , only the rich kids are allowed to play , all the rest have to stand at the fence and watch !

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Reply to: sapien82 & andy06shake

Lol!! I sometimes wonder if we are on the same land mass, never mind the

same planet

If things are so bad up there I think you need to look closer to home
and

have a wee word with wee Nicola.
She's obviously not doing a proper job

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It's the sad reality.

Fact is the UK have only managed to negotiate trade with seven countries out the 40 approached for post Brexit trade to compared to the 69 we currently trade with in the EU. It cost the UK £101Bn last year alone.

Post Brexit we have trade with Zimbabwe, Chile, Faeroe Islands, Mauritius, Madagascar, Seychelles and Switzerland - they hardly scream Rule Britannia. Switzerland is the only country we have trade with that is over £50m exports per year, the rest we're losing serious money to on imports/exports.

We don't rule the waves anymore, we're the smelly kid in the corner no one else likes.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Aye coz Boris is on top of things down your end.

Show me one politician doing a "proper job" please?

You might wish to take the rose-coloured spectacles off look out a window because is not all sunshine and rainbows for the majority of the British public, nor is it lightly to be any time soon.

But nevermind eh, let's just carry on regardless, without any sort of implementable plan, I'm sure everything will be just peachy.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It's the sad reality.

Reality is that trade is a two way street. What does the EU intend doing

with its surplus goods that the UK normally buy? cars, wine, cheese and

other things they supply to us?

The UK is is the biggest export market by unit sales ... Brexit no deal will HIT Germany's car industry, experts warn

Fact is the UK have only managed to negotiate trade with seven countries out the 40 approached for post Brexit trade to compared to the 69 we currently trade with in the EU. It cost the UK £101Bn last year alone.

Fact is that that is down to the EU......

"Britain's hands are tied, because under the arrangement with the EU, it can only start acting (securing new trade deals with non-EU nations), when it is no longer a member.
So the quicker we get out the better for us.

Post Brexit we have trade with Zimbabwe, Chile, Faeroe Islands, Mauritius, Madagascar, Seychelles and Switzerland - they hardly scream Rule Britannia. Switzerland is the only country we have trade with that is over £50m exports per year, the rest we're losing serious money to on imports/exports.

I notice you left out Australia, New Zealand, America and Canada? and as its

one to one negotiations it wont take seven to twenty years!!

As for Switzerland they are chomping at the bit to strike a deal with the UK

The deal (or perhaps no deal) struck between the UK and the EU will be significant to non-EU member Switzerland. And it cannot come quickly enough for the Swiss.
But hang on a minute, why on earth should Switzerland, which never joined the EU,
be worried about the status of its trade ties with the UK, which is about to leave?
The reason lies in Switzerland's own complicated bilateral deals with Brussels, negotiated over two decades, after the Swiss decided in 1992 not to join the EU
GOOD THINKING

We don't rule the waves anymore, we're the smelly kid in the corner no one else likes.

As a tiny island we hold our own, a case of quality over quantity?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Well, a recession and continued austerity is indeed rather negative.

You keep churning out austerity.......

All I can see is people who cant think 'out of the box' Yesterday I watched

a TV programme 'shop carefully loose weight'

Yes they lost weight...... a stone in eight weeks!!! BUT they also saved money

£500 in those eight weeks!!!

Thats hardly negative austerity?

If costa coffee, mars bars, coca cola, or pepsi depended on me ..... they

would be out of business.

Wheres that workable Brexit plan again?
That right, fecking nowhere to be seen. LoL

As has been said our hands have been tied, till we have left. So the sooner

we leave the sooner we can move on...... There WAS life before the EU

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Well, chances are the U.K won't be around for long after any hard Brexit because Scotland and Ireland will be off.

If that's the cost Westminster is willing to pay then so be it.

Suppose there will be life after the U.K also.

Canny imagine the Queen being to pleased all the same, then again at 93, she might not even notice the difference.

God save the Queen eh indeed, coz he canny save the United Kingdom.
edit on 16-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

There are no trade agreements with the US, Canada, Australia they are 'mutual recognition agreements' - a different kettle of fish. Put down the Express and read the House of Commons European Commission Pink Book 2018 which fetails the cols hard facts.

Even Jacob Rees Moog says it'll take the UK 50 years to recover from Brexit and he's one of the most pro Brexit people there is.

The US only wants us out the EU so they can slap tarrifs on us, privatise the NHS, frack the country and sell us choliranited chicken and meat pumped with growth hormones, chlorine, and irradiated at the final stage of packaging to 'steralise it' .

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   

The US only wants us out the EU so they can slap tarrifs on us, privatise the NHS, frack the country and sell us choliranited chicken and meat pumped with growth hormones, chlorine, and irradiated at the final stage of packaging to 'steralise it' .

Those wanting to remain in the EU have created a set of myths around a trade deal with the US, and about how damaging such a deal would be. It's a clear attempt to sow disinformation and fear, and they must be pleased, because they are succeeding.

1. Chlorinated chicken et al is to do with US hygiene standards and their methods of industrial farming. A trade deal in agriculture would need to include minimum welfare standards of importation. What EU supporters fail to acknowledge is that the UK has he highest standards of farm animal welfare and assurance, but we have to import stuff from the EU that is well below our standards, such as pork products. EU standards do not necessarily equate to good standards in fact I refuse to buy Dutch pork. A post-Brexit deal with the EU may improve food imported from the EU too.

2. The NHS. That old chestnut. The NHS is not privatised and it is very unlikely any government would be able to do so, or be foolish enough to try. Parts are, such as in some areas diagnostics services where are private companies deliver better value than in-house units. Currently several European companies are in the marketplace, so why should US companies not be allowed to compete?

People are being "played" by politicians and groups who are contriving a narrative of fear. Parroting the "chlorinated chicken" line is just such a narrow and fallacious point as to be pointless in the great scheme of things.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   

There are no trade agreements with the US, Canada, Australia they are 'mutual recognition agreements' - a different kettle of fish. Put down the Express and read the House of Commons European Commission Pink Book 2018 which fetails the cols hard facts.

There can be no trade agreements with anyone till we have left the EU

the EU has seen to that by trussing us up like chickens controlling our freedom.

Even Jacob Rees Moog says it'll take the UK 50 years to recover from Brexit and he's one of the most pro Brexit people there is.

Lol!!! It can take the EU 20 years to strike a trade deal. The UK has already

spent 3 years trying to get out of the clutches of the EU. Looking at it that

way 50 years could be a steal. However Brexiteers believe that without the

dead weight of the EU we will become 'a lean mean fighting machine'

You seem to think, like all remainers that the UK is unable to exist on its

own or make decisions for its self. Makes you wonder how it existed and

thrived over the last few centuries and won two wars this past century

alone......against all odds!!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Those wanting to remain in the EU have created a set of myths around a trade deal with the US, and about how damaging such a deal would be. It's a clear attempt to sow disinformation and fear, and they must be pleased, because they are succeeding.

I really dont think they are succeeding, I just think they make more noise!

flapping around like headless chickens.

People are being "played" by politicians and groups who are contriving a narrative of fear. Parroting the "chlorinated chicken" line is just such a narrow and fallacious point as to be pointless in the great scheme of things.

The biggest laugh is *DEMOCRACY* "the will of the majority".....

# 1. The people voted to LEAVE ?

# 2. The elected MP's know better than those who voted for them!

# 3. Parliament is packed with elected MP's who want to REMAIN.

# 4. The PM as customary is elected by the party in power.

# 5 Every minor party and the speaker John Bercow is putting themselves

forward and fighting to take over from the elected leader of the ruling

party to BLOCK the democratically voted for by the people result to LEAVE

Definition of democracy: government by the people especially : rule of the majority : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections.

You couldn't make it up

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join