It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun With Words: Wormwood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The original word in hebrew is la'anah, meaning: to curse.
The latin word is Artemis-ia absinthium.
Absinthium does appear Greek but isn't it's most likely derived from the Persian "ispand " meaning wild rue.
Artemis is the virgin godess of hunt, she's the twin sister of Apollon, the guy with the oracle, she symbolises more than anything untaimed nature, undomesticated feminity and so on.
The suffix -ia means it's a feminine singular, or neuter plural noun or adjective, in this case I'd go with adjective.

So in order to have fun we combine all of that with the biblical context. Wormwood is the fallen star that poisons Earth. Ursa Major is connected to Artemis.

The mix we get is "wormwood la'anah artemis-ia absinthium"
The fallen star - curses - in his untaimed nature - (with) wild rue/regret,

Which means the fallen star is a symbol it's not a planet, or asteroid as we think, but it might come from the region
Ursa Major, or that direction. The root of Star is *ster means "to spread", in connection with fallen I guess I'm not the only one who has an instant connection to "the fallen ones" in the back of my head, right? And it's all connected to light.

Did you know that the word Apocalypse means revelation too? And in Jewish lore there are two Gardens of Eden. And the image is if you migrate to that other paradise you get a body of light. Become a star.

So if we assume we're talking about a battle between good and evil it seems important that the root and meaning of the name artemis is unknown, but it's either "safe" or "butcher". Ain't that kind of funny?

The story this little play with words tells us is that there is a second Garden of Eden somewhere in the direction of Ursa Major, with which we are related because our souls migrate from here to there and vice versa, they curse us for poisoning Earth and the only question is the adjective, is it in terms of "safe" or "butcher", or does the ambiguity mean it is both?

Wasn't that fun? I had fun...

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

www.endtime.com...

The world’s worst ever nuclear meltdown occurred in 1986 at Chernobyl in Ukraine, at that time one of the states of the Soviet Union. Incredibly, Chernobyl is the Russian word for wormwood! It appears that the Chernobyl catastrophe was the fulfillment of the sounding of the third trumpet of Revelation 8!

Have fun with that!

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Not true it's mugwort artemisia vulgaris. It's a combination of chornyi(black) and byllia(grass)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That word just reminds of Wormwood Scrubs, a prison in England.

And no, i'v never had a room in that hotel.
edit on 13-8-2019 by Moohide because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The Revelation reference to wormwood is pretty certainly an allusion to Jeremiah;
"Because they have forsaken my laws which i set before them... Behold, I will feed this people with wormwood and give them poisonous water to drink"- Jeremiah ch9 vv13-15

edit on 13-8-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here's more trivia about wormwood the plant: It thrives in extreme heat and drought. We've had more temps over 110° than not the past several weeks, and my wormwood is gorgeous and thriving and looks beautiful.

It really is a beautiful shrub, gray with lacy foliage. And it's quite stunning in moonlight.

Its roots are also the main ingredient for absinthe.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I've heard Wormwood being a comet, think i heard as from Nostradamus, cant remember. Didn't know it was a plant ether.

I have also heard of Demon Star(Not the star Algol) being used before in dialogue in two old movies. It was attributed to comet or meteorites, and was probably even called Satan at one point or another.

edit on 13-8-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Wormy wood all over the place due to Global catastrophe...no fuel...no heat ….you die.People who live remember.We call it history.
edit on 13-8-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

edit on th31157547725904342019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on th31157547731604352019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The Revelation reference to wormwood is pretty certainly an allusion to Jeremiah;
"Because they have forsaken my laws which i set before them... Behold, I will feed this people with wormwood and give them poisonous water to drink"- Jeremiah ch9 vv13-15

It is now Dec 4th 2019, I gave a Star for the August reply because the Spiritual aspect of 'wormwood' is made prominent instead of the impractical 'Wormwood is an Asteroid' treatment that is Interpreted in the Revelation 8 mention of Wormwood which 'poisons the pop-culture population' in the 70th Week/End-Times era

if anyone has time... listen to this You-Tube video about 'Wormwood' by the latest group of Prophecy Spinners
SEE: www.youtube.com...

the part 3 of the wormwood series of explaining the prophetic word

Wormwood in Rev 8 is about the ~star~ (fallen angel) of the 3rd trumpet sequence arriving in the first 3 1/2 years of the 70th week...this Wormwood Angel becomes the False Prophet (teaching falsehood) of the Divinity of AntiChrist… and that's whats' meant of the poisoning-of-the-waters & fountains

and is also the point when God Allows deception to cause the great 'falling away' of the luke-warm, pseudo Christians...by the acts and treachery by the False Prophet, teamed with the AC, in the End-Times era

the prophecy symbolisms are very incanny….

for example the Asteroid Apophis which interacts with Earth is also the 'Chariot' used by the 'Satanic Entity/Fallen Angel' to become identified as the False Prophet.... the false teachings and false doctrines brought about by this evil entity will be recognized as bitter-poison -> wormwood, by the true Church

also uncanny is that Apophis, the cosmic Asteroid, named after a demonic mythic personage from ancient Pagan days...
---> is pronounced as : aa(h) - pope- (h)iss

(? the Roman Catholic Pope ? currently pushing CHRISLAM & lots of foul other stuff )
(the Catholic Priests wear a special garb or Drape for the Mass Ritual, & more often than not there is a 3 letter 'code' found on the back of that garment... that code means Jesus = IHS = the iss sound in a-pope-iss)

thanks for reading these intentionally hidden messages to those interested in uncovering the real prophecy stuff

edit on th31157547741804362019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Artemis Vulgaris is the weed that grows everywhere. It helps with loads of things but has been historically been used by people to help the ingestion system and females with period cramps, I used it because it also helps you lucid dream and It worked big time. The only problem was you don't get a proper night's sleep and wake up really tired as if you haven't slept at all, I surmised it was because you don't go into a deep sleep. Peeps where you been anyway, not noticed you around for ages.
www.organicfacts.net...

top topics

join