It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As 2020 Taiwanese elections draw near, China's threats WILL escalate...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Chinese threats will escalate: Taiwan military think tank

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) – Following Chinese Navy maneuvers in the South China Sea this month, military threats will only increase during the months ahead, Taiwan’s top military think tank said Tuesday (August 13).

With presidential and legislative elections scheduled for January 11, 2020, China is widely expected to repeat past practice of trying to intimidate Taiwanese voters into casting their ballots for pro-independence candidates.

Having already cut tourist permits to Taiwan, China will only continue to escalate threats through various means as 2020 draws near in Taiwan.

So, we may see some breaking news in the coming months, but most should remember this news story and this thread and remember that the PRC only wants to put pressure on the ROC and intimidate, as opposed to actually invading Taiwan and starting a war.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
We should just keep an Aircraft carrier within the region.

China is currently experiencing turmoil it hasn't experienced in a long time and they might want to project strength to get a grip.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

China is currently experiencing turmoil it hasn't experienced in a long time and they might want to project strength to get a grip.

Isn't the "turmoil" only limited to Hong Kong though?

It's not as if it's widespread really...

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well I've heard that American is not the worlds police force so we won't be involved......right?

Not our pig, not our fight...

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

originally posted by: Arnie123

Isn't the "turmoil" only limited to Hong Kong though?

It's not as if it's widespread really...
Turnoil as a result of the Trade War, their economy is slowing hard and HK isn't making things easier, not too mention a recently approved deal involving Military equipment, nevermind Taiwans advances in bew missile tech that has the CPP on edge.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I’m in Taiwan.I have lived here for 15 years. The current Hong Kong situation will push more Taiwanese to say no to anything China

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackOops
I’m in Taiwan.I have lived here for 15 years. The current Hong Kong situation will push more Taiwanese to say no to anything China

Stay strong and know that I support defense initiatives for Taiwan and its people.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123
+1. I feel three csg's, two down by Taiwan and Hong Kong and one on their east coast bolstering a defensive force with South Korean and Japanese navy could make some progress.

I'm not expecting much support from Australia in this scenario, their politicians seem to be aiming to please China more and more. I bet Thailand and Philippines will lend a hand though.

posted on Aug, 17 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Arnie123
+1. I feel three csg's, two down by Taiwan and Hong Kong and one on their east coast bolstering a defensive force with South Korean and Japanese navy could make some progress.

I'm not expecting much support from Australia in this scenario, their politicians seem to be aiming to please China more and more. I bet Thailand and Philippines will lend a hand though.

Isn't there only one CSG currently in the area? Hardly doubt there needs to be any more. In fact, it's all just for show in that region. It's not as if any actual major war is going to break out in East Asia ANY time soon. NK is not actually going to do anything - it's all just theatre...
edit on 17-8-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

top topics

join