It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how you sort a random bloke with a knife.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   

In Australia, we don't need no stinkin' guns.. we have chairs and milk crates

The crowbar guy though, got shh'd or I reckon there'd have been a bit of a cracked skull.

Best wishes to the lady's family he did manage to stab, in the back though... coward...

More information is coming to light about the man accused of going on a stabbing rampage in Sydney’s CBD this afternoon, which left one woman dead and another injured.

The 21-year-old man, who is now in custody, has been named by multiple media outlets as Mert Nay of Marayong, near Blacktown in Sydney’s west.

NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller, described him as a “lone actor” and said early inquiries found he may have held some concerning ideologies.

“Information was found on him that would suggest he had some ideologies related to terrorism, but he has no links to terrorism … he has no apparent links to terror organisations,” Commissioner Fuller said.

Information was reportedly found on him relating to mass casualties and mass deaths around the world, including those in North America and New Zealand.

However, Fuller said it was “much, much too early to drew a conclusion on a consistent type of ideology”.

www.news.com.au...
edit on 13-8-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Sorted by three British blokes I hear.
edit on 13-8-2019 by maxey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: maxey

? Is that hearing Aussie accents as British, or...

I have no idea, but those were ockers... who else carries around a milk crate to a knife fight. lol

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Thats the way to do it fellas....we don't need no stinking guns!!...I would have loved to have seen someone run up to that car the terrorist was on top of and CLOCK HIS ASS with an EGG SIZED ROCK TO THE YAPPER...it would have been lights out with one good shot and no need to get to close to him....even better a RAIN OF EGG SIZED ROCKS FROM A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE SO NO ONE KNOWS WHICH ONE WASTED HIS USELESS ARSE.

Reminds me of those Sneaky Tough Canadians....lol...lol... www.youtube.com... just takin care of business.....lol...lol.

edit on 13-8-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
NO NO NO!!!!

Now they're going to ban milk crates and chairs. You guys are just awful.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
....even better a RAIN OF EGG SIZED ROCKS FROM A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE SO NO ONE KNOWS WHICH ONE WASTED HIS USELESS ARSE.

Because there's just a bunch of rocks laying around city streets or people carry them in their pockets.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Today’s shocking events in Sydney could’ve been far worse if this was America

If it had been some US city and not Sydney, and a man with an assault rifle and not a knife, we’d be having a different conversation right now.

Those who are especially fond of America’s Second Amendment often like to say that the way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

As we’ve witnessed in Sydney today, a more effective way of halting a bad guy’s apparent determination to inflict harm on multiple people is to make it difficult for him to have a gun in the first place.

Australia’s most populous city was plunged into panic at 2pm when a man allegedly stabbed a woman, seemingly at random, at a hotel near Wynyard Station on the corners of King and Clarence streets.

A woman’s body was later discovered in a nearby residence, her throat slashed, with police alleging she was killed by the man.

During a brief rampage, police allege he attempted to attack “a number” of other people with his butcher’s knife, about 30 centimetres long, but they managed to evade him.

Within minutes, a group of several heroic bystanders confronted and chased him, using two chairs from a cafe and a plastic milk crate to bring him down.

The men pinned him to the ground until police arrived.

But consider this. Had this alleged attacker been armed with an AR-15 assault rifle, as so many of America’s recent mass shooters have been, the outcome would’ve been far worse.

In those incidents in the US, which we seem to hear about every week or so, someone wanders into a shopping centre, place of worship, office building, music festival or school and unleashes carnage.

In roughly the same amount of time that the man in Sydney sparked uncertainty and terror, those Americans can slaughter countless innocent people.

We don’t know the motive of the alleged Sydney attacker at this early stage.

But what we can all surely agree on is that Australia’s strict gun laws should never be watered down.

Our priority must continue to be to have the strictest possible oversight to keep firearms out of the hands of those who wish to use them to kill others.

Any efforts to take a backwards step on the legacy of the government in 1996 to toughen our gun laws would be a recipe for disaster.

America might believe that a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with one.

But in Australia, we prefer a situation where a group of top blokes with some chairs and a milk crate can stop a bad guy with a knife.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties
Glad to see you enjoying your servitude.

"Trust in Government"
edit on 8 13 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Glad to see you enjoying your servitude.

"Trust in Government"

No servitude here mate.

Stop listening to delusional lies.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: maxey

? Is that hearing Aussie accents as British, or...

I have no idea, but those were ockers... who else carries around a milk crate to a knife fight. lol

A bunch of Mancs apparently they use anything at hand

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
yeah

Crocodile Dundee anyone? That's not a knife, ======== THAT'S a knife.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
To be fair though if someone is using a knife a chair is a pretty good counter.

Also the gibberish about "if this were America it would have been worse" is pure conjecture and not a valid argument. It completely ignores most of the facts.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

If it had been some US city and not Sydney, and a man with an assault rifle and not a knife, we’d be having a different conversation right now.

But in Australia, we prefer a situation where a group of top blokes with some chairs and a milk crate can stop a bad guy with a knife.

"Today's shocking events in Sydney could've been far worse if this was Coruscant"

If it had been some Coruscant suburb and not Sydney, and a man with a light saber and particle beam blaster, we'd be having a different conversation right now...

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Kryties

"Today's shocking events in Sydney could've been far worse if this was Coruscant"

If it had been some Coruscant suburb and not Sydney, and a man with a light saber and particle beam blaster, we'd be having a different conversation right now...

Thats literally the best you have? No proper refutation of the points in the article, just a stupid comparison to a fictional Star Wars planet?

Duuuuuuude.....

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

If you noticed in the post above I refuted and debunked it by pointing out it's pure conjecture and not a valid argument.

It is pointless to say "if this were that then this" as if it were factual reality.

So why are you ignoring my first post and focusing on the joke I made afterwards?
Hmmm???

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

If you noticed in the post above I refuted and debunked it by pointing out it's pure conjecture and not a valid argument.

It is pointless to say "if this were that then this" as if it were factual reality.

So why are you ignoring my first post and focusing on the joke I made afterwards?
Hmmm???

OK so please answer then how the fact that the guy couldnt get his hands on a gun because of our laws here DIDNT prevent an even worse tragedy?

Are you suggesting he wouldn't have killed anyone else even with a gun? Are you suggesting those blokes could have defeated him with a chair and a milk crate even if he had a gun?

You people are twisting the truth to suit your reality. If the guy had a gun instead of a knife the tragedy would have been a lot worse. ITS REALLY THAT SIMPLE.

edit on 13/8/2019 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: one4all
....even better a RAIN OF EGG SIZED ROCKS FROM A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT PEOPLE SO NO ONE KNOWS WHICH ONE WASTED HIS USELESS ARSE.

Because there's just a bunch of rocks laying around city streets or people carry them in their pockets.

It is Australia...

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

But he didn't have a gun.

And by the way, guns are available in Australia. He could have gotten one if he really wanted to try. Although there are tons of restrictions on firearms, there is still a black market and legal firearms.

I also looked it up and there are still gun crimes in Australia despite your many strict laws. You had a mass shooting there just a little over a year ago and there are still plenty of suicides and murders by gun.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

But he didn't have a gun.

And by the way, guns are available in Australia. He could have gotten one if he really wanted to try. Although there are tons of restrictions on firearms, there is still a black market and legal firearms.

I also looked it up and there are still gun crimes in Australia despite your many strict laws. You had a mass shooting there just a little over a year ago and there are still plenty of suicides and murders by gun.

Ever been here? I wouldn't know where to get one, neither would anyone I know (except the obvious gun shops when you are licensed). Our laws have made it A LOT harder to obtain one - and almost impossible if you have previous issues with the cops that this guy had. He used a knife for the simple fact he COULDNT get a gun BECAUSE of our laws.

Yes. Some few people manage to get their hands on them - mainly stolen off licensed gun owners who didnt follow the rules and use proper gun safes. But the black market for them is VERY small and the guns are prohibitively expensive - in the order of $10,000 or more from what I've been told.

While you were looking at those Australian gun death statistics - did you notice that even PER CAPITA with population differences taken into account, that Australian gun crime and murders are a FRACTION of what they are in the US? I bet you didn't - you just focused on what you wanted to see and not the whole picture.

Facts are facts. Our gun laws prevented an even worse tragedy today. If you can DEFINITIVELY disprove that, be my guest.

edit on 13/8/2019 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
It is Australia...

People should just throw bullet ants on them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join