It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WB57 Sighting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Just spotted a high altitude contrail over San Diego. Used FlightRadar and it identifies it as this aircraft

I knew it was odd when it was leaving contrails but not a swept wing profile.

NASA928. Flying repeated huge ovals around San Diego and our over Pacific. Looking for tic tacs? lol

edit on 12-8-2019 by PilSungMtnMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PilSungMtnMan

That’s a high altitude research aircraft right?

What’s there to research in that area the USN keeps getting buzzed by UFOs

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Up to 8 orbits. 45,000’ @ 360 mph. The initial flight path is a jigsaw pattern then the orbits started. I think it’s that tic tac Catalina Island it’s going by as well.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Just spotted a high altitude contrail over San Diego. Used FlightRadar and it identifies it as this aircraft

NASA928. Flying repeated huge ovals around San Diego and our over Pacific. Looking for tic tacs? lol

NA928 is one of the RB57s flown out of JSC (that's why the "9" tail number). It's operated by NASA's Airborne Science program. When they are on science missions, these aircraft can carry a variety of sensor packages that make use of the unique aircraft platform. That includes sampling and otherwise analyzing the atmosphere they are flying through (gases, particulates, aerosols, etc.) or imaging the surface below in one electromagnetic band or another. Because this one is flying high, I would guess that it is analyzing the air it is flying through.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Nice!!! Thx for the info! It struck me as an odd aircraft as it flew over.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

They do more than just research. They spent several years over Afghanistan acting as BACN platforms.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

NASA participating in DOD ops? Overtly? Pretty interesting. That’s one old bird.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

They do more than just research. They spent several years over Afghanistan acting as BACN platforms.

Pffff stole my thunder. WHile the BACN role has been taken over by others, it is a legit earth science research aircraft

airbornescience.nasa.gov...

Now whats way way more interesting is the L-3 Learjet that spent some time in the same area and now is trolling off the coast of Mexico. Also its inland now just south of Escondito at 5ooo feet
edit on 8/12/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

LJ35. Loitering out over open water. Hmm.

Originated off airbase at Coronado.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

a reply to: FredT

LJ35. Loitering out over open water. Hmm

Actually they are out there alot along with NG's various planes etc. No doubt testing a system or two

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

If you watch the big defense companies you see lots of interesting aircraft pop up on tracking sites. VOODOO1 has been busy lately. That's a fun one. Catfish is occasionally flying again too.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
A batwing how cool......couldn't stall it
edit on 12-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It's possible that it's sniffing for particulate matter from the recent Russian test article that blew up and spiked radioactivity readings.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I was stationed at Ellington field right next to the nasa hangar. Got to see it fly a few times. Also might have been re fueling our aircraft when an all black WB57 that shouldn’t exist landed with all runway lights turned off, taxied to the nasa hangar for about 30 minutes then took off again.... lights on. Lol

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkpr0
It's possible that it's sniffing for particulate matter from the recent Russian test article that blew up and spiked radioactivity readings.

Thats Constant Phoenix territory (or maybe the new USMC C-130 mod) and off the coast and Inland of San Diego?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

do you have a capture3 of the flightradar site? imagine doing a normal commercial flight and you look out the window and see something like that. i would think we time traveled

i love these old girls, i dont know if its the rivits or the silver but they just have that je ne sais quoi

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

en.m.wikipedia.org...

NA928 is one of the RB57s flown out of JSC (that's why the "9" tail number). It's operated by NASA's Airborne Science program. When they are on science missions, these aircraft can carry a variety of sensor packages that make use of the unique aircraft platform. That includes sampling and otherwise analyzing the atmosphere they are flying through (gases, particulates, aerosols, etc.) or imaging the surface below in one electromagnetic band or another. Because this one is flying high, I would guess that it is analyzing the air it is flying through.

Interesting

So could they be exploring new ways to potentially track cloaked craft disturbing the atmosphere? Gases/particles ?

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

No. They take air samples to check pollution levels, and any other higher than usual readings. They also image ocean currents, measure water temperature, etc.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

I screen capped the radar track. Just can’t figure out how to post pics.

posted on Aug, 13 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

do you have a capture3 of the flightradar site? imagine doing a normal commercial flight and you look out the window and see something like that. i would think we time traveled

i love these old girls, i dont know if its the rivits or the silver but they just have that je ne sais quoi

NASA928 Flightaware route

NASA928 Flightaware track log
edit on 13/8/2019 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

top topics

<<   2 >>

join