It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports alleging China is bringing in military to Hong Kong border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
In recent days, China has threatened to bring military to Hong Kong. They've been amping up rhetoric implying that some of the protesters are a terrorist threat.

Twitter

I don't think this is going to fair well for either side. I don't see citizens of Hong Kong laying down as they have had freedom an access to information their whole lives. They know what they stand to lose, and this type of provocation will only end in disaster.

Keep in mind this is early twitter reports, so it is to be taken with a grain of salt. I'm not seeing anything on the Media circuit yet, but I will update as information comes to light.

The closest thing I could find reported today is all flights in Hong Kong have been grounded today.

Edit: Originally I had it phrased that the military has made it's way into Hong Kong, I'm seeing mixed reports, but many are saying to Hong Kong border, so for accuracy's sake, we'll operate off of that premise until we find out otherwise.

Supposedly China's military cannot enter Hong Kong unless requested... Many are speculating that this massing on the border is preemptive in case Hong Kong asks for assistance with the airport as noted higher in the OP.
edit on 12-8-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

Edit 2 to add video:

edit on 12-8-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Hopefully whatever song this inspires Axl Rose to write this time doesn't have a riff that sounds like it belongs in the Beverly Hills 90210 intro song.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This is one of those times we will be witnessing history.

I think the world is going to get a sneak peek at the real China....

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yeah, this is gonna get dark.
There were already some pictures out late last night, bloody protesters, just gruesome, I'm sorry I can't contribute pictures at the moment, My Gf found them I think somehow through Reddit, not sure, I was half asleep. Now I wish I paid more attention. She is at work right now, but I bet there will be pics/info out pretty soon.

Also I am reaching out to an old buddy who has friends in Kowloon. no news yet. if I get anything I'll contribute here.

Helluva week so far.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Our CEO lives there and she got called into Beijing to pledge loyalty to the Party.

Hong Kong is screwed, about the only thing that could save them is if we found oil under the city.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If there's an engagement of sorts, I wonder if China would try to "jam" up technologies in the area, so people can't get real-time info out... Could we see a Tiananmen 2.0??

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

They will shut down the internet and phone service's so nothing get out .

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Our CEO lives there and she got called into Beijing to pledge loyalty to the Party.

When did she get called to do that? Just curious to the timeline.

Hong Kong is screwed, about the only thing that could save them is if we found oil under the city.

At this point, I don't even know if we'd help... Even if there was precious glorious American oil under it.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
China is the test

Can the elite gain full control?

Will the international community step in if things get ugly?

Will the people stand against oppression?

How many protesters do you need to shoot to disperse a crowd?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If only we weren't in a trade war with China, maybe we'd have a diplomatic leg to stand on in this situation.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: JAGStorm

They will shut down the internet and phone service's so nothing get out .

What's weird is some of these videos are from yesterday. A lot of people online seem to check it out... Yet no media coverage.

But the media is reportint on the airport shutting down today.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
China is the test

Can the elite gain full control?

Will the international community step in if things get ugly?

Will the people stand against oppression?

How many protesters do you need to shoot to disperse a crowd?
I agree.
Blood soaked data is the way I see it.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino
If only we weren't in a trade war with China, maybe we'd have a diplomatic leg to stand on in this situation.

Honestly that probably gives us more footing.

Since when does China listen to the global community in regard to their domestic affairs?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
If there's an engagement of sorts, I wonder if China would try to "jam" up technologies in the area, so people can't get real-time info out... Could we see a Tiananmen 2.0??

Good thing I read further before I posted asking if we were going to see another Tiananmen Square...

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Since when does China listen to the global community in regard to their domestic affairs?

If anyone has grounds to intervene, it's the UK, not the US. The agreement to keep Hong Kong semi-autonomous was with them, not us.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Why do we need to go babysit China and be the mediator? The trade war is in our favor.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: jhn7537

Good thing I read further before I posted asking if we were going to see another Tiananmen Square...

I'm sure China is going to avoid a repeat of Tiananman.

This time, they'll make sure there is no way to get pictures of the bloody crackdown to the outside world.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

www.redstate.com...

Hong Kong Protesters Wave American Flags, Sing Our National Anthem During Demonstration

Wow if that isn't an image!!

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If anyone has grounds to intervene, it's the UK, not the US. The agreement to keep Hong Kong semi-autonomous was with them, not us.

True, and if Ukraine and Crimea showed, even if it did involve us, we're some professional hand sitters (though to be fair I was glad we didn't intervene there).

I doubt the UK is going to go past lip service given their hands being full trying to get Brexit squared away.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

China’s fair play is the reason we are in a trade war with China. They have been doing to us what they are about to do to Hong Kong. Screw them till it hurts. China has grown into a world class bully. We are about to see how serious they are, and I think they will go all the way. In less than 5 years China will own the South China Sea.
edit on 12-8-2019 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join