It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Islam is incompatible with the Western World" - discuss

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Malisa

People don't know everyone in the group quite so well. It's easier to lie and cheat and screw your buddies wife.

But we know you are not that kind of man

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Right.

I don't have any buddies.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
The beauty part about islame, it's at the edge of the Flat Earth and if they mess with us too much, we could just go over there with Caterpillars and just push them right off the edge. That calls for celebration, hoist up a package of Root beer PEZ and enjoy.

But why push them when you can use one of this and just swing them away one by one by their tiny heads?

LMFAO!

edit on 11-8-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

a reply to: visitedbythem

Right.

I don't have any buddies.

wink wink

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

The purpose of religion is to provide a framework of rules. Early in human history a person dealt directly with, maybe, a hundred people the most. We can know a hundred people pretty well, we can talk to them, know when they are lying. In a group that size it's not hard for a group to deal with assholes. Send 'em out to deal with live on their own and good luck to ya.

But we started forming larger societies because, on the whole, it made it easier to survive. Trouble is it also made it easier for the assholes to get away with being assholes. People don't know everyone in the group quite so well. It's easier to lie and cheat and screw your buddies wife. It gets harder to bust people.

So, we now need an omniscient lawgiver who will eventually provide the punishment that we may not be able to provide. He knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake. He knows when you've been bad or good, so...

Viola! God.

This, of course, is not to be confused with the gods which control weather and stuff. They don't tend to care much about what individuals do. Do they?

The purpose of religion has always been to control dumb people, which there are a lot of them since ever LOL

Anything else just happened as a consequence of people's stupidity and sheepish attitude

Ever since the first fool figure out that thunder and fire made people scare and how to use it to control and play God's speaker people have followed religion, under one god or another haha

That's all there is to it

This, of course, is not to be confused with the gods which control weather and stuff. They don't tend to care much about what individuals do. Do they?

No God ever cared, in any way, ever. People explain things like mass murders and whatever in any way they can find so they can sleep at night, that's all

Some actually try to think, maybe lol

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   

The purpose of religion has always been to control dumb people, which there are a lot of them since ever LOL

Some assholes are pretty smart, actually.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Some assholes are pretty smart, actually.

Never said the opposite lol, but so sad some people have to be an ass just to achieve something LOL, some can without having to be nasty

"yep i was very nasty and total asshole today and i feel at peace now because it will allow me to live another day, i'll take my frustration and lack of happiness into someone else tomorrow, but for now i'll drink some wine and pretend i'm happy.

I'm full of BS and i hate my life by the way, where's the Clorox bottle?"

(post by Phage removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I never mentioned sin, that's an invention of religion once again, to think about "sin" as something to discuss you have to kind of look into it through religious eyes, which i don't have sorry

None of that has to do anything with what i said anyways

edit on Sun Aug 11 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I never mentioned sin, that's an invention of religion once again,

Yes. Yes it is. And, in general, it is a concept which conforms to societal norms.

But there is one basic concept that it all seems to be based on. Pretty good concept too.

Treat others as you want to be treated.

So simple.

Too simple, so there has to be a bunch of other crap attached to it.

edit on 8/11/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

All religions are incompatible with the western world..

That is why they are all in decline in the west..

Religion/Christianity In the west has the total control of society for idk...1,200 years, but things didn’t start to advance until after governments went secular..

The more secular the west became, the farther techno guy progressed..

Which makes perfect sense..

If everything is all part of God’s plan, then our actions are meaningless... so why innovate???

“If god wanted men to fly he would have given us wings” after all...

People forget how fast the world has changed and the west is the tip of the spear in a lot of ways..

150 years ago Americans were still raping their slaves...daily.. and it was perfectly legal..children and all...

So the fact that parts of the world are decades behind isn’t crazy..

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Im here to tell you, the constitution

So, America constitutes the entire Western World, now?

Nope, just 'Merka.

Your borders need improvement then, we're like... 10 thousand miles away!!

Bigly borders for a bigly planet.

I actually tried to become an American.... they strong manly female cbp agent kicked me out.
so I can't even lament that any country that would have me as a citizen, is a country I don't want to be a citizen of. Drats.

*apologies to groucho*

edit on 11-8-2019 by gallop because: I cant count flight math..

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Im here to tell you, the constitution

So, America constitutes the entire Western World, now?

LMFAO! Are you telling me that there are other countries out there? Beyond Canada, the UK, USA and all the Mexicos?

Only us country bumpkins and we only make corn.

Crikey!!

LMFAO! Thank whatever God is in favor these days i was born in a big Metrópoli, or whatever it is written

I do enjoy corn and i'm thankful for people who provide in all forms. Except the one corn that has some weird bugs jumping all around

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't think I've ever seen you say so much in a single post, and in that I am in total agreement with you.

Well said.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I never mentioned sin, that's an invention of religion once again,

Yes. Yes it is. And, in general, it is a concept which conforms to societal norms.

But there is one basic concept that it all seems to be based on. Pretty good concept too.

Treat others as you want to be treated.

So simple.

Too simple, so there has to be a bunch of other crap attached to it.

So you say the only reason people think of treating others well is because they fear to sin otherwise and lose God's favor? LMFAO!

So simple minded stuff i can't even believe it, i was thought to just do it because "when you feel bad or need help and people make you feel better, it is because they like you and want you to be happy, so if you do the same for them in respect and as a way to thank back you will also be happy, people deserve respect and to be happy, we all are helping each other"

The word religion was never mentioned, or God, or sin.

Do you have to do stuff because God will not like you otherwise or dumb stuff like that?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   

So you say the only reason people think of treating others well is because they fear to sin otherwise and lose God's favor? LMFAO!

No.

I say that the simple concept doesn't seem work in the real world, therefore divine retribution is required.

You better watch out, you better not shout. Because God is watching you.

edit on 8/11/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
"Islam is incompatible with the Western World" - Discuss.

You're not wrong.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join