It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Observations, Random thoughts, etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just some randomness from lil' ol' me.

--- Today, life is good.....3 day weekend , went grocery shopping, got errands done, etc. Tomorrow is my 2nd wedding anniversary. Other than dinner/movie/maybe a nature walk tomorrow, I don't have to go out and ''people'' till tuesday. Roku, my 4 legged children (cats), good food, wife, [snipped] I'm set

--- Imagine what a better place the world would be if everyone did 1 small random acts of kindness per day. Hold the door for an elderly person, let the other guy at the intersection or in the checkout line go first, pick up 1 piece of trash, etc.

--- [snipped personal use]

--- Unusual for a man, but I love cats - got 3. They are better ''people'' than most humans.

--- Someone told me that in the USA more kids are born out of wedlock than in. Most younger ppl I know state no marriage for them. What ever happened to building a life together, not turning away, weathering the storms together?

--- So many people are focused on material wealth, possessions, etc. This escapes me. We get by quite well without either both working 60 hours a week. Are the latest $1,200 phone or the $60k suv worth more to people than being with your loved ones, making your surroundings nicer, or just watching the sun set?

--- The world has gotten dumber. Educational standards have fallen miserably.

--- Im thinking of doing a you tube vlog (similar to Grambler, here), along the likes of this post. Anyone think that more than 2-3 ppl will watch?

--- more to come in later posts.
edit on 10-8-2019 by Brywilson2 because: because

edit on Sun Aug 11 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson2

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

So, were you like the crazy cat man until you got married 2 years ago at the age of 51? Or have you been married before and it's just a fluke that you have 3 cats?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

So, were you like the crazy cat man until you got married 2 years ago at the age of 51? Or have you been married before and it's just a fluke that you have 3 cats?

Been married 2 years, since august 11, 2017.
Ive had vats since I was a kid.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

So, this is your first marriage. While the younger people you know say that they don't ever want to get married, what made you decide to take the leap?

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

So, this is your first marriage. While the younger people you know say that they don't ever want to get married, what made you decide to take the leap?

I've always believed in marriage, just never found anyone Ive trusted enough before. I didnt want to marry most of the women i've dated. The one I considered, when I was 21, I wasnt mature enough, and I knew it.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

There's a reason why education sucks:

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brywilson2

--- Today, life is good.....3 day weekend , went grocery shopping, got errands done, etc. Tomorrow is my 2nd wedding anniversary. Other than dinner/movie/maybe a nature walk tomorrow, I don't have to go out and ''people'' till tuesday. Roku, my 4 legged children (cats), good food, wife, [...]

We have alot in common. 54 years old, married 2 years to third wife, I have a dog. I make close to $100k with bills running about $1200 a month, minus the child support I have left to pay for one more year.

I left a wife when making over $200 k a year with a big fancy house and nice cars and "stuff" 5 years ago for something much simpler and happier . I drink beer more than I should only because I get tested at work for drugs. Would rather smoke instead, which I still do on occasion.

Use to have a very complicated life, now it is simple.
edit on Sun Aug 11 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Nope. It's delusional....no one cares.*

*PS I done over 70+ blogs or 5 years....good luck though on your vlog endeavor.

Expect the worse, hope for the best
🤗

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brywilson2

--- Today, life is good.....3 day weekend , went grocery shopping, got errands done, etc. Tomorrow is my 2nd wedding anniversary. Other than dinner/movie/maybe a nature walk tomorrow, I don't have to go out and ''people'' till tuesday. Roku, my 4 legged children (cats), good food, wife, [snipped] I'm set

Congrats, and keep stoking that marital fire, it pays off with many years of happiness!
Our 13th anniversary is later this week, we don't plan on going out or anything. I'm thinking a couple of rib eyes on the grill, some side dish or another, a shot or two of tequila and it's all good even if the kids are home.

--- Imagine what a better place the world would be if everyone did 1 small random acts of kindness per day. Hold the door for an elderly person, let the other guy at the intersection or in the checkout line go first, pick up 1 piece of trash, etc.

Or help the cashier out if they don't have the bags carousel set-up for immediate bag/scan procession, and do a little bagging of your stuff while they're still scanning things and sending items to the bagging area. That's something I've done for years, it's a little pressure off them to go quickly & do it solo (whatever happened to baggers, anyway?) and they appreciate being able to relax a little for a minute.

--- Unusual for a man, but I love cats - got 3. They are better ''people'' than most humans.

Cats rock, hands down. I've had cats all my life, they're WAY better than people for sure. We have a rabbit, too, they're kinda like a cat-dog chimera in personality. They also rock a whole lot more than you'd expect

--- Someone told me that in the USA more kids are born out of wedlock than in. Most younger ppl I know state no marriage for them. What ever happened to building a life together, not turning away, weathering the storms together?

Kids today learned that from their parents & grandparents. For example, my dad is on his third wife (but to his credit, she's the "wife for life" he was looking for, they've been married almost 25 years) My mother has 2 failed marriages to her name.
My paternal grandparents only had one remarriage between them -- my dad's biological mother died when he was a baby and my grandfather remarried. They were married 50+ years.
My maternal grandmother had 3 marriages, and her first one was to hide the fact that the good Catholic girl she played herself as got knocked up by a one-night stand. The first husband died in my mom's teens evidently never knowing she wasn't his kid (kind low, but it was a different era, I guess)

I saw those track records as a reason to stick it out and break that serial marriage cycle.

My husband's divorced also, but it's quite widely known that it crumbled because she was a serial cheater.

Neither of us see the point in wrecking what we have going for us, it's really not that hard to maintain our marriage even with kids.

--- So many people are focused on material wealth, possessions, etc. This escapes me. We get by quite well without either both working 60 hours a week. Are the latest $1,200 phone or the $60k suv worth more to people than being with your loved ones, making your surroundings nicer, or just watching the sun set?

I'm more of a minimalist than my husband is, he's a bit of a shop-a-holic now and then. His affinity for "stuff" stems from his dad, who eschewed having many things. He said his dad's ultra-minimalist philosophy felt much more oppressive than beneficial, so I can understand the want for things as an adult there. To his credit, he doesn't spend blindly, and does put thought into the things he buys ("Do I/we need this? Will I/we get any joy out of it")

But there are people out there like my mother who never had that kind of staunch minimalism imposed on them, and have to have everything they see anyway. That was the driving factor behind my parents' divorce, my mother could not stop shopping and spent small fortunes on collecting huge amounts of crap.

After growing up and spending more time in stores than anywhere else, I don't buy what I just plain don't need. It was exhausting and stressful going from store to store all day as a kid, and it still is for me today.

--- The world has gotten dumber. Educational standards have fallen miserably.

That it has, and that they have. Can't argue there. Book smarts and common sense are practically extinct.

--- Im thinking of doing a you tube vlog (similar to Grambler, here), along the likes of this post. Anyone think that more than 2-3 ppl will watch?

Quite possibly. You might have to stretch the topics out to one or two per video instead of a flood of them per, to maintain viewers' interest in coming back, though.
edit on 8/11/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Been married over 30 years.

She still surprises me with her kindness. She's always sweet, nice.

Surprised that she still puts up with me after all these years.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Been married over 30 years.

She still surprises me with her kindness. She's always sweet, nice.

Surprised that she still puts up with me after all these years.

This recent one from the Post A Funny Pic thread represents both of us & our respective better halves so damn well, doesn't it?

^^ That's love right there. Some day, it'll be "This cream should get rid of that adult diaper rash pretty quickly, hold on while I apply it"

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

More than you know.

I don't know whomever came up with marriage, but I'd sure like to thank the person.

It made me better than I ever could have been by myself.

top topics

join