It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Netflix beginning to show its true colours..? NWO rumblings or ANTIFA propaganda?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
'The Family' on Netflix - documentary regarding a Christian 'secret society' in the USA, close to presidents, patriarchs, prime ministers, kings & bishops throughout the world.

The show is being portrayed from a cynical viewpoint, but to me it genuinely seems that at least some of what is being portrayed as conspiratorial & suspicious activities surrounding what amounts to a loose network of lay believers, are in fact rooted in fundamental misunderstandings of appropriate spiritual ministry to powerful & wealthy leaders across the political spectrum & around the world.

Several of the show's participants have personal axes to grind, which sullies the alleged objectivity of the documentary, and a few bad apples are held up to 'prove' the suspicious nature of the organisation, instead of the 99/100 associates who are not bad apples, who work hard to charitably contribute to maintenance of the spiritual & cultural heritage of the nation.

One matter held up as 'evidence' of allegedly criminal import is that of congressmen sharing a townhouse allegedly subsidised by the organisation - but if you put ten men in one house, why would you expect them all to pay the full monthly price of the whole house? No, they instead share kitchens & dining rooms, library & sitting rooms - so they each make a contribution which is less than the full rent would be, with the benefit of a discounted rate to compensate for the loss of any real privacy.

I find the information in the documntary fascinating, but see it as being badly warped by a far left bias which creeps through the introductory epiisodes & ultimately becomes evermore plain to see as the series progresses. At worst the organisation could be viewed as a cultural misadventure with good intentions at its heart - not a criminal NWO illuminati conspiracy, as the film-makers wish to imply.

Ultimately I'd rather see world leadership from a centre-right majority Christian/Masonic nation* being largely expressed & self-supporting by the existence of a 'network of friends' who try to minister to the powerful, all the while living out a righteous life as God-fearing culture-bearers. This is in stark relief as opposed to an anarchist's dream of far left atheist 'values' - or, God forbid, the spectre of oppressive Sharia Law becoming a force to be reckoned with in opposition to best efforts at righteous global governance.

*...I mean to say that the nation & its people are firmly rooted in the 'conservative yet compassionate' values of a true expression of Biblical Christianity, which is summarised perfectly in a prophetic expression of the prophet Micah (Ch.6 v. 8):

*"..[T]he Lord has told us what is good. What he requires of us is this ~ to do what is just, to show constant love, and to live in humble fellowship with our God.."*

That one statement (in fact from Old Testament scripture) is a prophetic statement referring to Jesus' core message - it sets out the absolute, central & enduring message of a true expression of the Christian faith. To love others as ourselves, to treat others as we would hope to be treated, and to avoid sinful living at all costs, all the while seeking to meet with God on closer & closer terms as the years of our lives roll past. The founders & shepherds of 'The Family' would seem to be upholding these central precepts, and so we should pay closer attention, rather than seeking to tear it down. Any organisation can be lacking in some area, and so our attention can perhaps be used for the good, to bring healing & to repair divisions.

The centre-right of fifty years ago is now labeled 'far-right' or 'alt-right', which would cause the allied commanders of those brave men & women who beat back Nazism to spin in their graves with the inappropriate labeling & coordinated propaganda we're seeing in this modern age - information for the masses has been weaponised, and is now filled with misinformation & disinformation - being vomited up by strategically linked far-left types in the USA's Media Land, with ANTIFA in close support no doubt, wherever the protests are found, in which people are unwittingly turned into agents of the destruction being sought by the ultimate organiser/s. There is clearly an agenda at work with many groups linked together as one, forming a generally atheistic, far left counter-culture. Such groups are actively working to discredit the conservative mainstay of the West's relatively democratic nations (note 'relatively', because no system is perfect - the USA & UK are examples of 'nearly there' societies in which most aspects of our societies are absolutely righteous - justice, mercy & humility at the heart of things - with notable exceptions such as discriminatory & unaffordable health care in the USA, and the inability of the young to get on the housing ladder in the UK).

Anyway,, the documentary is fascinating in many ways, revealing some of the mechanisms of government in the USA to people like myself who tend only to get snippets here in the UK - but the agenda of the producers leaves a bad taste. Watch carefully, and you can see the good intentions of the Family being plastered over by the film makers, with little crumbs of evidence of those good intentions being peppered throughout the series, though more often than not it's a case of 'blink & you miss it', due to the editing sham which is underway; however, that is then carefully edited to promote a conspiratorial angle - ultimately for the benefit of the mainly atheist, subversive anarchist 'ANTIFA' types, who are far more disruptive than the hard-working conservative types.

Isaiah 8:12
“Don’t call everything a conspiracy, like they do, and don’t live in dread of what frightens them.

ETA - Editing title re: NWO & ANTIFA linkage

edit on AugustSaturday1918CDT04America/Chicago-050019 by FlyInTheOintment because: per ETA

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Really because the last 30 min was putting them in a good light.
Your just trying to put your own bias on the show and went into with this view. Maybe watch it again and put your own views aside.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You mean exactly like we've been saying here since the website went up?

Secret societies, many spanning centuries and originating within the church. Modern wars fought for Gog and Magog and Biblical prophecies, all the way up to the oval office of G.W. Bush.

Cool. I'll have to check it out.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It's a friggin' TV show, for Christ's sake. Big deal. Fiction.

Star Trek, though. That is real.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

One show. Now Netflix has a NWO agenda? I don't know that is much of a sample set to draw from with the dozens of other shows they've made.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Is Netflix a biased, left-wing company? Hell yes, they even gave the Obama's a propaganda deal.

Netflix Deal with Obamas

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's a friggin' TV show, for Christ's sake. Big deal. Fiction.

Star Trek, though. That is real.

I tell the Ole Lady that Star Trek is real all the time, she doesn't believe me.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
the Netflix I watch has a decent variety of Movies, TV Series to select from...

I did find that there is more than a Score of LGBT or whatever the acronym is of Alt lifestyle themes, which is about the average number of each 'Genre' offered by the streaming service,,, so they aren't pushing gay/lesbo/tranny life as opposed to straight life movie fare. (( I think the Action & Suspense Genre of movies has more than 50 shows per category))

there's also NOVA presentations/documentaries available to watch... top notch stuff

I used Netflix for nearly a year now and expect to continue paying for the service for Binge watching stuff like Orange=Black/
mirror/and 6 or so other series that get renewed for the next season...

best ~$10 I spend on a continuing basis each month
edit on th31156548798310462019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

ETA

just seen the Family advertised on the Netflix menu... its a TV-14 rated show, limited episodes, in the 'Trending' category, meaning lots of Netflix users are clicking on the show... the synopsis looks & sounds like a mock-u-mentor with old B&W stills of past leaders---booring !!
edit on th31156548862310572019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

You mean exactly like we've been saying here since the website went up?

Secret societies, many spanning centuries and originating within the church. Modern wars fought for Gog and Magog and Biblical prophecies, all the way up to the oval office of G.W. Bush.

Cool. I'll have to check it out.

It's exactly like that. Here's a trailer, I was about to post a review but this should do as well.

This thread is kinda funny tho. Antifa propaganda, sure! And we're supposed to simply believe that without any hints of proof whatsoever. At least we've got the Bible to keep us warm and fuzzy while the cognitive dissonance fries our frontal lobe.

The Knights of Q are not amused... Amen.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I watched the series today and I disagree with you. The docu-series showed both good and bad and I thought the film makers kept a fairly objective viewpoint. They showed both the conspiracy theory perspective and the Christian perspective. I thought the biggest thing that maybe leaned more toward the conspiracy angle was just the extreme secrecy of the group, especially when it came to finances but the same could be said of most Christian organizations as the majority of the bigger groups have some questionable financial dealings. It's not like they were being compared to Scientology or anything.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I have Netflix but all I ever seem to watch is the office....
So I dunno.🤷‍♂️

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Most of our entertainment currently is propaganda.

They do not even hide it anymore, i guess the majority of people are so stupid, that they do not even realize this.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Your just trying to put your own bias on the show and went into with this view. Maybe watch it again and put your own views aside.

You seem to have missed the point I was making - I was not against the group named 'the Family', instead I was against the deliberate editing of the film makers who try to make the group look suspicious & like some sort of NWO conspiracy. I was intent on making it clear that the group featured in the video was a remarkably positive organisation, compared to what has constantly been suggested (on sites like ATS too) calling it NWO conspiracy.

edit on AugustSunday1918CDT04America/Chicago-050040 by FlyInTheOintment because: tags

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I don't think you have taken into account the subtleties of modern audiences - the show was most definitely edited with a clear bias against the group known as the Family. Because of the subtleties of modern audiences, it is possible for documentary film makers to produce material which seems balanced in some respects, but which is overwhelmingly cynical in the post-production editing room, with these folks being able to apply remarkable sensitivity in what they edit in or out, and in the ordering of interviews, the choice of overlaid film snippet materials & so on. The film makers were presenting this group as a threat to democracy, indeed as an anti-democratic power broker, with conservative Christian values being presented as not only anti-scientific & as freedom-crushing. But it's subtle. It's done so that most people don't complain, even thinking it a fair presentation - but for those to whom it is intended that the message of the film be clear, it is very clear, and indeed I would be surprised if we don't start seeing more anti-Christian material in the mid-range future of our TV options.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

When I state that this film presents material in line with ANTIFA's objectives, I would have hoped that most people understood that I was talking in terms of the overarching broad spectrum multi-channel scope of a left wing bias which is coming through all forms of media across the Western world at this time. I was not suggesting the film makers were card-carrying ANTIFA members - I was suggesting that the film was one more brick in the left wing wall, which is trying to overcome the conservative & Christian mainstay of the USA & the rest of the world which is made in that image, as it were. There is a wide ranging effort to instil deeply far left values in the minds of our youth. It is pernicious, and it is aimed now at sneaking through as much anti-truth propaganda as possible. It is hitching the pursuit of science to its wagon, so that it becomes impossible to be a follower of science unless you are also a left wing pseudo-antichrist anarchic counter culture water carrier too.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

One show. Now Netflix has a NWO agenda? I don't know that is much of a sample set to draw from with the dozens of other shows they've made.

You completely got that upside down. Thank you for the opportunity to clarify.

I was suggesting that the Netflix documentar film makers were accusing the Family - the lay ministry netowrk of believers in positions of power - of actually being the forces of the NWO. When in fact they are instead completely benign, prayerful Christian men & women, in almost all instances.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

M'kay, we weren't reviewing Netflix's catalogue, but thanks for stopping by.

My point was, as in fact we are seeing a subtle blitz against conservative positions in almost all forms of media these days, does this documentary signal the 'night of the long knives' in media? Are we now going to see a deluge of overtly anti-Conservative, anti-Christian media, with this being the first salvo in a long series of efforts to reduce the Christian backbone of the USA & all Western nations to rubble, over which the New Truth can be established in vitriolic, acidic timbre...?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
About rent and 10 men living in one house.. 600 dollars is really a small amount as journalist in episode told.

133 C St SE

House is not a small one, it has plenty of space to each one living there. And its really close to Capitol..

And it seems claims are valid.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I disagree. Maybe your perception is skewed by your own internal biases. Just as a lot of leftists are drinking the media Koolaid and screaming "persecution!" just as many on the right are doing the same. Not having a dog in the fight allows a neutral viewpoint. As a Christian who believes in separation of church and state I believe the group in question is trying to do good but have done some pretty sketchy things to advance their mission- which is no better or worse than any laic organization in DC.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I was talking in terms of the overarching broad spectrum multi-channel scope of a left wing bias which is coming through all forms of media across the Western world at this time

Look! You just did it again. No, I don't think you bring objectivity to the table, there are a lot of Christians (even conservatives) with Antifa as well. Stop watching Fox-News for a while, it clearly messes with your head.

left wing pseudo-antichrist anarchic counter culture water carrier too.

Your buzzword overkill would be fun to mess with if this was the mud-pit. Stop talking out of your arse and put up something tangible to talk about, how is that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join