It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide Booths/Rooms - THE NEXT BIG THING?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Ohhhh...now I get it. So the only question is if it is possible that a company in Namibia that offers suicide could become a reality?

The whole AI thing has nothing to do with it.

It is just a hotel of sort where you can o.d. on a opiad of choice or something..

I assume actual assistance of personel would be considered murder and you left the option open that artificial inteligence could take that role if somebody would point this out.

Yeah...could happen but why travel to Namibia to off yourself if you have a local airbnb?

Peace
edit on 10-8-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I once gave some thought to a business like this...But different.

A business with a couple of air planes. Any oldsters who wanted to go out this way could pay a little money and be flown up high and way out to sea. Then when the time comes they can either jump and experience weightlessness for a couple of minutes until splat or they can take some nice little sleeping pills that put them to sleep before the spring chair they sit in ejects them out an open door. Splat again

No muss no fuss and plenty of fishy food.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Having watched Soilent Green and the peaceful choice to die they were given in a horrible world. Being old and realizing a long painful death soon is a possibility I actually like the idea of choice. Loved ones can start to view the end as a choice and not have to spend a year killing their Families finances and waiting and watching your pain. We know death is coming and when you reach the point of pain and costly care why are people against this!

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpForGrabs

Good call I often forget how brilliant Futurama was, I would bet if they showed this show to suicidal patients most of them would laugh themselves back to good mental health.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

Do you think something like this would become extremely popular, if it did become true/become reality?

We will never know because it's never going to happen. Too many people benefit too much from the suffering of people who would jump at the chance to painlessly and legally end it.

There would have to be a fundamental shift in the way people live, work and survive so huge I don't believe it's going to happen anytime in the next 100 years (if ever). Interdependence will keep this ghoulish freakshow going indefinitely.

Realistically, the only people they can really afford to allow to off themselves are the elderly once they get to the point to where they are more trouble than they're worth. I can see that happening in the not distant future. I feel that there is already and unspoken process that goes on in American hospitals whereby they pretty much give up on people at a certain point. Even if it's still possible for them to recover from whatever it is and have a reasonable amount of time left, the doctors and administrators will take the least amount of saving action possible. They will not troubleshoot and attack expensive problems the right way with old people unless they have money.

I can see it getting to the point to where they offer old sick people the option of euthanization. Because at that point, no one is profiting from trying to keep them alive. And when an insurance company or the government ran insurance company (whichever you happen to have) is losing money keeping you alive and they see no future prospects in profiting off of you, they're done with you. They write you off as a useless liability and they will get you out of that hospital as cheaply as they can and do whatever they can to treat your future hospital visits in a "palliative" fashion. Even if technically your health issues could be dealt with for the right amount of money. They're not willing to spend that much. So they will leave you to your process to a slow, lingering death by means of no preventative action taken.
edit on 10-8-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well you could sell this to the eugenics people, they'd go for it. But your scenario they aint very good business people are they. They should do it for free as the money that could be made by harvesting organs. I'm sure the rich people of the time would pay handsomely for new kidneys etc.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Why save up for a booth when you could jump off a bridge??

Or guns are everywhere...

That would be like me “saving up” for limbs to burn in my backyard at a non fire...

Sure I could buy limbs, but I could also just go grab some from the woods...

A rich person might pay.. a poor person would not.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Why save up for a booth when you could jump off a bridge??

Or guns are everywhere...

That would be like me “saving up” for limbs to burn in my backyard at a non fire...

Sure I could buy limbs, but I could also just go grab some from the woods...

A rich person might pay.. a poor person would not.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

This is a pretty good sci-fi story,when are you going to finish it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join