It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Hunt' Cancelled by Universal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

You say it as if someone made the creators of the film not air it. They decided not to due to what sure appears to be too many people for them to lose as customers for it to be worth it. It comes down to money and if it leaks the bootleggers make the money not the film makers. You guys can twist it anyway you'd like...but to any sane person its pretty easy to see the face value here.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Only a conservative could hear about a movie where they are the victorious underdog and still think it's oppressing them.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Only a conservative could hear about a movie where they are the victorious underdog and still think it's oppressing them.

I know!

I don't see what the issue is.

If anything, I'd expect the leftists who'd want to censor this.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Universal owns the product. What's the issue?

Can I demand you send me your microwave oven?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The real question is; what was the inspiration for the film?

What really was the inspiration for the film..?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I watched the trailer and the Deplorables are obviously the good guys. I don't know why any Deplorable would complain about this. I would think the non-Deplorables would be the ones complaining because they are the villains in the film. I for one would be interested in seeing the movie.

Sal

a reply to: oriondc

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I have yet to see evidence for this. I take it you have seen the movie and know the backstory of the woman who fights back and know she is a strong Trump supporting deplorable like the rest? The fact they got her by mistake and did not know who she really was suggests the hero might not be a MAGA supporter at all.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think the issue is who thought a movie titles Red State vs Blue State was a good idea?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
I watched the trailer and the Deplorables are obviously the good guys. I don't know why any Deplorable would complain about this. I would think the non-Deplorables would be the ones complaining because they are the villains in the film. I for one would be interested in seeing the movie.

Sal

a reply to: oriondc

I'm pretty certain that if the plot had been reversed and it was the liberals who were being hunted, that everyone would still be up in arms about it.

Who the good guys are in this movie isn't terribly relevant. But the idea of literally hunting your political opponents for sport doesn't seem like a particularly good idea in today's political climate.

Maybe someone sees the movie and decides that in reality they'll change the plot ending to show the movie had it wrong.

And before anyone blathers on about how this screams of censorship, I don't think anyone has called for a law. What is at issue here is whether or not on a social level doing something like this is acceptable.

I'm sure many of you don't just decide to take a crap on your neighbor's lawn because you have to go to the bathroom. Or have sex in a restaurant booth because you feel the urge. (Yes I realize that there are actually laws prohibiting both of those scenarios, but do you really need a law to decide for yourself whether or not those behaviors are appropriate?)

In truth, if this movie had been released and a subsequent shooting linked to it, Universal would have been sued into oblivion. From that perspective alone, it made little sense they wanted to move forward with this movie.
edit on 11-8-2019 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Blame the MAGA snowflakes for this one. I was looking forward to watching it.

Can you back up the claim with actual cited facts? Or is it just society in general. Especially in the context a navy football team has to change their military style motto.

Navy football changes motto over sensitivity concerns

www.capjournal.com...

The seniors chose "Load the Clip" for the season, but when reporters from the Capital Gazette questioned the appropriateness of the phrase, it was replaced with "Win the Day."
[/quote ]

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
I watched the trailer and the Deplorables normal people are obviously the good guys. I don't know why any Deplorable normal person would complain about this. I would think the non-Deplorables normal people would be the ones complaining because they are the villains in the film. I for one would be interested in seeing the movie.

Sal

After fixing the troll, I don't disagree. In all likelyhood this movie would have had backlash against the original intent of the writers, i.e. Trump gets more popular and leftists/statist complain about losing. Although without seeing the movie, I can't help but think there would have been some twist in the final act to make the 'elite hunters' look sympathetic and/or dig on the normal people.

Regardless, we really don't need a movie with US citizens killing each other with a dividing line set in place based on their political differences. For that matter we really didn't need any other freakshow distopian movies from the Purge producers either, but some people must like that crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join