It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico and Central America are the Illegal Immigration Problem - and it's Not Racist!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Mexico and Central America are the Illegal Immigration Problem - and it's Not Racist! It's the DRUG WAR CRISIS!! And these are the Refugees!

I will use statistics and logical reasoning to explain why Mexico and Central American nations are considered "the illegal immigration problem" and other nationalities, like China, India, African or European nations etc are generally ignored when people talk about "Illegal Immigration in America". If people saw these numbers they would understand the context of the situation a lot better and realize that this is a problem derived from the Drug War Refugee Crisis specifically.

It will show that racism is not actually the main culprit here per se, but rather that most immigrants from most regions tend towards legalization while the Mex-CentAmer group represents 70% of the illegal immigrant population.

Here are several sources I want you to investigate in depth. It will help you understand the statistics behind this situation so you'll get a better concept of why people aren't complaining as much about certain groups of immigrants (Asians, Europeans, Africans).

Unauthorized Immigrant Trends

On this page check the top graph, then click the tab labeled "Region/Country of Birth", then use the drop down box under that to change the region/country.

1) First I want you to compare the "Mexico" with "Non-Mexico" numbers. This shows that Mexicans represent about 5 to 6 million of the illegals, whereas ALL non-Mexicans represent essentially the same number. So Mexico is 50% of the entire illegal immigrant population.

2) Now check "Central Americans" - they are almost 2million of the 5-6 million Non-Mexicans. So that means around 70% of the entire illegal population is Mexico+Central America.

3) Check Euro/Canadian - they are around .5 mil, so only representing 5% of the illegal population.

4) Africa - they are .25 mil, so only 2.5% of the illegal population.

5) Asia - they are 1.5 mil, so about 15% of the illegal pop (despite that Asia houses half the world's population).

6) Caribbean is .5 mil or 5%, and South American is .75 mil so 7.5%.

7) Now you can go down below and check by nation. Look at some of these numbers - El Salvador is nearly .8 mil or 8% of the entire illegal pop, and Guatemala is .6 or 6% of the entire pop, and Honduras is .4 or 4% -- yet these are extremely tiny nations with minor populations globally speaking!!

8) Compare with China - about .375 or 3.75% and India's .5 or 5% , yet these two nations represent nearly 28% of the entire world's population!?

So China+India, nearly a third of the world's population represent less than 9% of the illegal population in the US.
Yet Mexico+CentAmer is less than 3% of the world's population and represents 70% of the illegal population!

In context, China and India represent roughly 28% of the world's population.
Honduras is about .175% + Guatemala around .25% + El Salvador about .1% + and Mexico is 2.3%.
So Mexico + Central America 2.8% total of world's population!
World Population Data

Also look at this! More Asians immigrate to America than Hispanics! But they tend heavily towards Legal Immigration.
Yet 77.5% of illegals are Hispanic, while only 15% of illegals are Asians - despite that more Asians come to the US than Hispanics!
That means that Hispanics tend heavily towards Illegal Immigration.
That's why no one's griping about the larger numbers of Asian immigrants - they're legal!

edit on 8/9/2019 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Compare that with assimilation-conformity-education rates and the problem is obvious.

For additional research on the statistics of language proficiency, education, etc - look at this page Key Findings about US Immigrants

Consider Euro/Canadian English proficiency rates of 77% (the highest rate slightly over Africans at 73%) whereas Mexico and CentAmer rates at 33%. 2 out of 3 of them cannot speak English proficiently!

And then compare educations - Euro/Canada is the most educated at 90% high school graduates or better, 68% having some college.
Mid East and Africans are 88% high school grads, and Asians are 85% hs grads.

Mexico is dismal at 46% hs grads and only 20% with some college, and CentAmer is 54% hs grad and 28% some college.

So they are not only 70% of the illegals yet 2.8% of world pop, they cannot speak English and they are very uneducated. So not only do they outnumber these other groups en masse, but they create far more frustration and problems due to their incompatibility with American culture, refusal to assimilate, and poor educations. And to top it off, they disproportionately refuse to immigrate legally!

Hopefully this will make much more light of why the focus is on Mexico and Central America specifically, and as we all know, most of this is the result of the decades old War on Drugs, the mass violence, poverty, and lawlessness resulting from it.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
All the numbers used in this thread are rough estimates but came from legitimate sources and research.
I rounded the numbers to simplify the math.

Now, look at these figures showing the future demographics of the US based off current estimates:

And the massive incoming population boom that will cripple the US if we don't do something about it NOW!
The standards of living will likely decrease rapidly, crime rates will soar, political upheavals will result, etc etc.
Nothing but huge political/cultural/social problems incoming!

To get the context - of how immigration will account for half the US population by 2100 AD, watch this video:
Immigration by the Numbers

And to see why our immigration policies will not solve world poverty at all:
Immigration Gumballs and Poverty Rates

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
For example if Racism was an issue than areas like India, China, or Africa ought to be complained about often but you hardly ever hear anyone mention them (although it does happen slightly more often than European/Canadian immigrants in my experience, which get the least criticism of all).

So the MSM is misleading everyone by turning it into a racial issue when it's actually primarily based on these issues:
1) Drug War crisis refugees
2) Lack of Education
3) Lack of English speaking
4) Highly disproportionate population % based on world's averages

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Oh, and a strange defect in the numbers on that Pew website --- the values under "Regions" are slightly different than the values under "Countries" = and in my pie charts I mixed those two by splitting up Asia into China/India but left out nations like Korea/Philippines.

This caused there to be a 5% discrepancy in the data.
So I apologize but it cannot be fixed due to the flaw in the Pew data on that website.

So let's give this a + or - of 5% margin of error on the initial numbers of 70% for Mex/CentAmerica.

These are just estimates and the issue was me combining the two sets without realizing each one had slightly different data values, so I apologize.

But you get the point. So I'm not going to bother fixing it.
If you want to go and make perfect charts - knock yourself out.
Link them here if you ever resolve these discrepancies.
Thanks!

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
After seeing everyone argue about Racism/Immigration Crisis for week...months...years...

I decided to just look up some statistics and make my own analysis.

Although it is rudimentary and hastily composed (I compiled and wrote this in about 2 hours), it is sufficient to explain exactly why the focus is on Mexico and 3 Central American nations specifically.

I wanted to know if there really was a "Racist" component to the overwhelming focus on Mex/CentAmer, and what I found was that there clearly is not a major "Racist" element. It is minimal in comparison to the hard data and rationale.

Normally I don't weigh in or spend much time giving credence to MSM narratives, but in this case I think the basic research can speak for itself.

Although we do have an Immigration Crisis (we are letting too many in legally already), the Illegal Immigration Crisis is far outweighing the Legal Crisis.

If we are to be fair about this and avoid mass deportations (favoring amnesty) than I highly recommend that we:
1) fix the political/economic problems in Mex/CentAmer by ending the Drug War immediately,
2) make it easy for people to return willingly to their nations of origin,
3) lower our legal immigration to 100,000 per year,
4) not allow more than 5% of immigration to come from Mex/CentAmer due to their disproportionality and cheating.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Follow the 💰 right, the root of all evil, ...or I guess it's just TDS.

edit on 9-8-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Follow the 💰 right, the root of all evil, ...or I guess it's just TDS.

I think the issue is that people believe what the media says without doing any research and the media is twisting/skewing the narrative against Trump based off "Racism" alone.

Which I find to be extremely deceptive considering the data we have available to browse through on this topic.

I don't know what the true agenda here is, but it doesn't look good. I'm thinking it's more about destroying the culture and peace of the nation rather than it is about going against Trump, as I'd presume Trump is just a patsy in this case whether willingly or unknowingly it doesn't matter either way.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
That's just like Ross Perot's presentations back when he ran for president. Explains everything in simple pie charts and ended every explanation with "Problem solved!"

I liked Ross and voted for him, this post brings back the memories.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Ina reply to: muzzleflash

I don't think in terms of your nation, I'm looking from outside the Box.

The whole world is in real trouble,it's really shaky ground, the U.S is a bit special,you guys are the hammer ,I love you guys I really do but the bull# being played out right now is just mental.

Trump has been dividing every single little piece of progress that has been achieved, I understand that as a hammer you see everything else as an obstacle, but dude C'mon.

Look at what is happening, people are on edge , POTUS should be uniting us ,what's happening is #ed and the people that support this downward spiral are the mentally ill.
edit on 9-8-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
POTUS should be uniting us ,what's happening is #ed and the people that support this downward spiral are the mentally ill.

dude, come on now. If you can't see that the majority of the MSM, the Democratic party, and the democratic base is massively against Trump in every facet, you aren't smart enough to be in this conversation. I'm pretty sure you are smart enough, so please, don't pretend otherwise.

Knowing that, what could Trump possibly do to appease those who hate him enough to manufacture crimes he committed?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

very well done thread.

nice work.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The only way you will ever understand my perspective is if you stop. Take a breath, step outside the world you live in ..

If you can do that only then I could explain in a language you would understand.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well I'm not the president.

If I were, we'd live in Utopia.

And then I'd get shot.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So per the last pie chart...1 in 4 illegals are more than 2 thirds hispanic, with a quarter asian and some leftover other?

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Potus could admit to the crimes he committed...and ask atonement.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Well I'm not the president.

If I were, we'd live in Utopia.

And then I'd get shot.

I love the idealism however the head of the statue will never control the direction of the status quo, it's a figurehead, nothing more.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Its not trump that's dividing us, it's the Democrats and there anti-straight anti white policies that are dividing us with the help of the mainstream news media.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

Anti straight? What are you drinking, just so i know what not to ask for.

Shoiley, you mean unisexual,
edit on 9-8-2019 by sunkuong because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
So per the last pie chart...1 in 4 illegals are more than 2 thirds hispanic, with a quarter asian and some leftover other?

1 in 4 of new arrivals to the US are Hispanic, but 77% of the illegal pop is Hispanic.
Conversely 1 in 3 new arrivals are Asian, but only 15% are illegal.

Give or take a few % of course.
Hispanic may be a little higher because I didn't include anyone from the Caribbean in that demographic figure.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join