It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally experienced my first racism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
Went to get some groceries and the person in front of me left there cart 2-3 feet behind them so I pushed it up a foot to load my groceries.

"Don't touch my stuff mother#er I don't need your help"

Um ok

So then this person is leaving and turns around at the door and says I see what you did you #ing racist I will shoot you, I'm not scared of you, I'll kill you cracker mother#er.

To which I finally spoke and said, I'm sorry what did you says, in order for the manager who had been called by employees already could also hear that as well, to which this person repeated there threats before slamming into the divider and leaving the store with the manager and employees racing after them to get car information and other things to report.

Police are on there way to check security footage and take statements so that this mentally unstable person can get the help they desperately need.

I feel so warm and fuzzy now, I found racism.

edit on Thu Aug 8 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

That's impossible...Only white people can be racists...

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: rnaa

Oh you say name calling is not racism is that so??

No, that is not so. I said that name calling is NOT NECESSARILY racism. It can certainly be a tool used by racists.

If I get cut off in traffic, I'll probably use a few choice words to describe that driver - and it doesn't have anything to do with race which I probably am not cognizant of. A mentally ill person getting bumped in a grocery check out line may get set off and also use choice words tinged with racial overtones - and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with race - it has to do with a mentally ill person having a bad episode.

A homeless man that used to sit outside the Newsagent where I worked was normally nice, polite, and even helpful to passers by - and had quite a few of the locals (mostly women) helping him out, buying him a cup of coffee, letting him into their shop to dry out after a night in the rain, whatever. If however, a woman dropped coins into his cup he used to go off a like a stick of dynamite. It was the combination of the coins (WTF do think I am, a bank?) and the female - and he would rip shreds off them for 15 or 20 minutes - long after they had left. He is not anti-woman by any means, he is ill.

I don't believe you didn't understand what I was saying.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Secretrooster

The mentally ill can be racist too. The club isn’t exclusive.

Well, racists are, by definition, mentally ill (IMHO), so that is trivially 100% true.

All people have biases, some have the capacity to recognize them the self control to not project those biases on others.

Just as alcohol (and other drugs) can reduce the self control, so does mental illness.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I didn't say the encounter had nothing to do with racism, I said given description of the encounter it seemed to have much more to do with mental illness than racism.

Racially loaded epithets are very easy to exploit by anyone in any situation. People get into arguments and threaten to kill each other all the time when they don't mean it and it has nothing to do with racism.

Had the situation been reversed, I rather doubt that the black 'target' would have gone on the internet and broadcast it claiming that they had finally encountered racism, for the simple reason that this kind of encounter is the daily experience they have lived with since the day of their birth.

Now had the black "perpetrator" in the described encounter called the Police and accused the cart mover of assault and/or theft because they are white and don't belong in that store on the wrong side of town or whatever, then maybe their would be a case to answer here.

Getting annoyed in the check out queue is not racism. It just isn't.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Absurd

So black people have lived with being called the n word and threatened to be shot by white people over moving a shopping cart?

And this means they wouldn’t say anything publicly

That’s funny, I seem to remember a black politician just a few weeks ago gaunt all sorts of attention for screaming racism over an incident at a shopping center

And it seems she lied or at least added the racism part for sympathy

So you claiming a black person wouldn’t have gone public is without warrant

In fact for one quick to impugn the op as potentially being racist for this story, you seem really fast to claim to know black people would act differently

And we know had the scenario been reversed, you wouldn’t have lectured the black person who was threatened by a white one and had racist language used against them as you did here

Hmmm

Treating people different based on there race

There’s a word for that isn’t there?

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: circuitsports

I think this is what is being largely ignored. Yes, there are racist whites. But there are also racist blacks, racist hispanics, asians, Europeans, etc. White people dont have a monopoly on racism, but the media acts as if they do. I had a similar experience in both an auto parts store and a grocery store where I used to live, which was a mostly black neighborhood. Called a cracker out of a clear blue sky for just being there. Do I hold all black people accountable for this? No, I realize that every ethnicity or race has an ignorant limited subset of people who hate. The problem arises when someone asserts ALL people in that group are bad becuase of the actions of a few, which is whats happening to white people right now.

edit on 11-8-2019 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

If you're white than you really are a kr@cker and it's impossible to be racist toward a white person according to liberals

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

That is hilarious...

The first instant a white person witnesses of racism is as an adult when a random , obviously low budget person calls them
A cracker...

BWAHAHAHA

Mine was a 16 when the area director of Hardee’s promised me and my buddy on the day we were hired, that we would make manager fast because we were white..

We didn’t last a week, sconce we were 16ish.. maybe 17 because it was graveyard shift..

Then there was my grandmother refusing to let me play with a black kid from school who lived next to the furniture store she was shopping in... he was literally my best friend at school.. Jason Myers..

See the difference...

My examples are from authority figures who actually got to control peoples lives...

Your example is of some low budget individual shouting random obscenities..

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

It is being ignored?!?!

Please go down the list on ATS and compare “racist” poss vs. “reverse racism” posts..

Reverse racism will win by a mile..

Look on Fox News any day and there will be a checklist of reverse racism articles... the same goes for every single right leaning media source in the country..

Conservatives have been using “white identity politics “ FOREVER.. they never stopped..

The thing is that “identity politics” just seems like politics when your playing to the majority..

When someone is playing to another group it stands out.. when someone is playing to your group the identity part gets stirred right in.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Only in rightwing world...

Racism just only actually effects peoples lives when it comes from an authority figure..

It doesn’t matter if the bum on the corner is racist, it does matter if your boss is..

None of that is hard math..

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well... if you were not a "cracker mother#er" then maybe you would not have a problem...lol

To be honest the vast vast majority of racism is at the uneducated levels no matter what racial or ethnic category a person belongs too. I work in a professional environment of 180,000 people and there is just no time or room for racism at that level. I'm not saying that some people might be racist in some way in that environment, but it is far and few in between the people that all work very closely together day in and day out. One's capabilities rule the day at the professional level and racism is almost seen as a joke on the ignorant.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Uncle Salty in the hizzo my nizzo.

You're an adult and you've never been called a cracker until just now? You obviously haven't been hanging out with the right crowd.

posted on Aug, 11 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Yea and?

I a skinny white kid was dating a cuban woman, and got run out her house by her parents and they told her she wasnt allowed to see me anymore because I was a white kid.

Heck I was doing work measuring for lines for a cable company and we had to enter a small town in Georgia and we got shot at, cops later told us because we were white going into a black neighborhood.

Every ethnic group has racists.

================================
This is not directed at Just johnny specifically just an observation.

It saddens me that on a place where we are supposed to deny ignorance people will still do backflips to tell a white person they havent experienced racisim.

edit on 11-8-2019 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
did I read that right?

You touched a man's cart.

Dude. You never touch a man's cart.

I wouldn't touch a man's cart, regardless of our respective races.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I do not feel guilty for being white one bit. I do not feel entitles at all

Exactly not one white person should feel guilty for being white. Why should they? if your families never owned slaves why should any white person whatever in America or Europe feel guilty?

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

But if they DID own slaves????

You didn't choose to have them. They chose to have you... or else their descendants generally. unless you and your ancestors were an accident. one or more accidents.

What if the white ancestors owned slaves, but you are mixed race, and some of the others were slaves? Do you get a discount on reparations? Because my understanding of intersectionality is that your privilege mitigates your victimhood.

You didn't choose your ancestors. The generals OR the sheep-thieves.

Do I get any reparations for being descended from poor people, who were exploited by the elites and the violence inherent in the system? Some of my ancestors sold themselves into slavery, to pay for their passage to America. One ancestor sold himself twice, to bring his wife and children over as well. I think they thought it was a better deal than being peasants in the middle of downtown Europe.
edit on 12-8-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
a reply to: rickymouse

I do not feel guilty for being white one bit. I do not feel entitles at all

Exactly not one white person should feel guilty for being white. Why should they? if your families never owned slaves why should any white person whatever in America or Europe feel guilty?

I would bet that the white people making a fuss about people being racist actually come from families that benefited by slavery in the past. People who were in this country back in the times slaves were being used to do work and keep prices of stuff down so their ancestors benefited with cheap foods and textiles.

My ancestors were not here when there were slaves, they lived in a country where people worked hard to produce foods and products that supplied others in their country with the ability to survive. My parents and grandparents were hard workers, they worked on farms and in factories, they served in the military when they were supposed to. They were slaves to society.

I do not feel guilty at all, and I never would call someone a white supremist unless they actually attacked a minority or targeted them with slander. Those people who are slandering whites without even knowing them or calling whites entitled because of their color are actually not very good people, they are racists.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Back three hundred years ago, it was acceptable to own slaves. Not all slave owners actually were bad people, some slaves also came to the USA voluntarily or they were bought from their parents in Africa. It was a different time back then. We need to just make sure it does not happen again. People should not be slandering white people or trying to get money from everybody to reimburse the blacks. We need to make factories to actually give these people a job with a living wage instead of buying things from China and other countries that can produce things cheaply because their people are working for peanuts and the workers barely make a living. The whole import profits and process makes many people rich, but it takes away way more jobs from Americans not in the import states like California and New York and other big import states. Those states want it like it is, they make moocho money for their elite yet want lower paid illegals to do their work for less than minimum wage, that is sort of a system similar to slavery. I am more into helping the immigrants being legal so they get what they should for their labor. Lots of people take advantage of immigrants, that is not fair. Immigrants are forced into a form of slavery in some areas.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Yea and?

I a skinny white kid was dating a cuban woman, and got run out her house by her parents and they told her she wasnt allowed to see me anymore because I was a white kid.

Heck I was doing work measuring for lines for a cable company and we had to enter a small town in Georgia and we got shot at, cops later told us because we were white going into a black neighborhood.

Every ethnic group has racists.

================================
This is not directed at Just johnny specifically just an observation.

It saddens me that on a place where we are supposed to deny ignorance people will still do backflips to tell a white person they havent experienced racisim.

You sure it was because you were white and not because of some mitigating factor ?!?!

Most Cubans are card carrying republican conservatives.. they are the only Hispanic group that is, mainly due to the fact if they can touch American soil. They get defacto citizenship..

So surprise surprise, they are the one goup of Hispanics who are majority republicans..

So the thought that a Cuban would freak out about his daughter over dating a white guy seems super fishy...

They tend to be conservatives , and a lot of conservatives are racist, since they want to CONSERVE their traditions of the past, and racism was the defacto position of the past... so it’s possible..

But seems like a bs story to prove a point.. one you added too many details too without knowing the details derailed your story...

Hmmmmm......
edit on 12-8-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yea I am, I never told her parents I understood Spanish, helps growing up around a Mexican family. (I also understand German and french)

I never said a thing about politics also just that every group has racists in it.

So take a pass on projecting your issues bud.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join