It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man in a California goes on 2 hour stabbing spree killing 4 people

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
So this happened last night in Southern California. This lunatic is Hispanic and all his victims were Hispanic. His race and the race of the victims are only relevant because the media has made race relevant.

Others were injured along with the four killed. Though the suspect had a gun he took from a guard, it appears all the victims were killed or injured with a machete style knife.

AP News Link

My wife watches the local news every morning while she’s getting ready for work. This tidbit of news popped up on the broadcast 20 minutes into the 30 minute program. On CNN, you’ve got to scroll past all the main headlines to find it. This is proof, yet again, that guns are only the weapon the lunatic chooses to use and lunatics can use anything to rage on the world around them.

I believe we do need to create a safer system of gun ownership in this country. They are a tool that can be used for mass destruction. But they aren’t the cause for it. Mental health, not video games, is the biggest culprit in America’s violent aggression inside our borders.

This guy took the lives of 4 people out of pure anger. Such a tragedy. And still, the media picks and chooses what mass murders it wants to sensationalize for its agenda.
edit on 8-8-2019 by Assassin82 because: Spelling, duh

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
And people wonder why I carry

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I believe we do need to create a safer system of gun ownership in this country. They are a tool that can be used for mass destruction. But they aren’t the cause for it. Mental health, not video games, is the biggest culprit in America’s violent aggression inside our borders.

Serious question here.
What sort of magic tool do you employ to know when a perfectly sane person may crack under pressure and lose his marbles?
It even happens to cops. Sometimes they take innocents with them when they crack.
They actually have a higher suicide rate than the general population. Should we start with them and take their guns away?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

and he presumably got the gun off someone he stabbed?
damn.

let me guess... the murders stopped when somebody shot the lunatic?

edit: wow, arrested!
can't wait to find out what set him off. I wonder if they'll reveal his citizenship status.
edit on 8-8-2019 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

and he presumably got the gun off someone he stabbed?
damn.

let me guess... the murders stopped when somebody shot the lunatic?

edit: wow, arrested!
can't wait to find out what set him off. I wonder if they'll reveal his citizenship status.

No, police ordered him to drop his weapons. He complied, and was arrested and taken into custody.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Serious question here.
What sort of magic tool do you employ to know when a perfectly sane person may crack under pressure and lose his marbles?
It even happens to cops. Sometimes they take innocents with them when they crack.
They actually have a higher suicide rate than the general population. Should we start with them and take their guns away?

Well with the frequency they kill unarmed civilians I think maybe we should.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Serious question here.

Well, I think we start with thorough background checks. If you’ve committed a violent crime, such as domestic abuse for example, sorry, you don’t get to own a weapon. We can introduce a “get out of gun jail” program where people can do voluntary community service, attend a minimum amount of private therapy sessions, and prove to the public that they are above violent behavior. But I would say no guns until that program is completed.

Anything beyond that is difficult because it starts to violate the privacy of non-violent, law abiding gun owners. Could we put a small gps tracker in certain types of guns? I mean people willingly drive around with gps trackers in their pockets every day. So I don’t see why not. But most fans of the 2nd amendment don’t want that, and I don’t blame them.

Regardless of all that, this criminal in California would have bypassed it all with his machete. He was full of anger, so it’ll be interesting to see where the anger within him came from. (Maybe white oppression? Who knows).

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I know two men that have limited visitation with their kids because their wives lied about domestic violence in family court.
Both were completely blindsided in their hearings.

One was ex military and his service was used against him.

But both could get a machete...

Too many rules will get abused if we head down that slippery slope....

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I know two men that have limited visitation with their kids because their wives lied about domestic violence in family court.

Our legal process is flawed on so many levels. People lie all the time. Innocent people are are charged and convicted of things they aren’t guilty of. Often times they can’t afford the legal expenses to properly represent themselves in the system. Women have an unfair advantage when it comes to making accusations. Presumption of innocence goes out the window as soon as it becomes public knowledge. All those things are true.

It’s also true that many of these mass murderers haven’t been charged with a violent crime before going out on their insane shooting spree. So admittedly, that wouldn’t catch them. But we’ve got to start somewhere, right? How do we get unregistered guns off the streets? Make the cops go door to door and ask nicely? Put out a public announcement for criminals to please turn in their illegal weapons? Obviously not. But we’ve got to start somewhere.

There are so many pieces to solving this puzzle. Mental health, community, family life, societal stress, access to weapons, and many more. To embark on this troubling journey without sacrificing our freedoms or invading our privacy is going to be one hell of a challenge. But we’ve got to start somewhere.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

as many have said, mental illness has nothing to do with this. Normal people kill others all the time. this time, they used a knife. Next time, perhaps a baseball bat. But we still nee to ban gunz. This guy had a gun, and it was the reason he stabbed people. The gun told him to.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Using a knife to murder with is incredibly intimate compared to a gun. You have to get up close and personal to kill with a knife.

Torture or killing someone with your bare hands is the most personal from of murder other than a knife. Depending on how you do it poison or a handgun would be next.

Then you have less personal methods that include range weapons like a bow, crossbow, or high power rifle. Even less personal would be using a booby-trap, timed or remote bomb, or arson to murder people. Least personal would be using remotely controlled weapons or dropping bombs out of an air plane.

You need a special blood lust type rage, one that is very personal, to kill with a knife. So why use a knife to kill innocent strangers? What is it about random people out in public that inspires such personal rage?
edit on 8-8-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Ban all knives now!!!

That's what works, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Amen.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Thank you, I was just about to comment something similar. I once dated a girl who lied about stuff like that, claiming I was an abusive boyfriend and that she not only feared for her life, but the life of her 2 year old son as well. The truth was that she was the abusive one and I was the one being abused.

Long story short is that there are plenty of people out there who would easily lie about stuff like that, and sadly you don't need proof to get someone in trouble, just an accusation.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

2 hours 4 people dead with a knife.
32 seconds 9 people dead with a gun.

No matter how bad you are at math you have to see the big difference, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
It’s also true that many of these mass murderers haven’t been charged with a violent crime before going out on their insane shooting spree. So admittedly, that wouldn’t catch them. But we’ve got to start somewhere, right?

So you admit it wouldn't work but wish to do it anyway??

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Maybe he was here legally and just got tired of illegals. I wouldnt be surprised.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Well, I think we start with thorough background checks. If you’ve committed a violent crime, such as domestic abuse for example, sorry, you don’t get to own a weapon. We can introduce a “get out of gun jail” program where people can do voluntary community service, attend a minimum amount of private therapy sessions, and prove to the public that they are above violent behavior. But I would say no guns until that program is completed.

Wrong answer.
Lets start with background checks. Do you remember the guy who ran over the motorcyclists in New Hampshire a few weeks ago? Massachusetts should have revoked his license but the information wasn't processed. How about the VA? Do you really want to trust Government Union employees to do their job correctly? A typo, a misspelled name or any one of a thousand errors and all of the sudden your right to own a gun is revoked.

How about the joke that is "domestic violence"? The first thing that a divorce attorney tells a woman seeking a divorce is to obtain a protection from abuse order. Claim that she is afraid of her husband. A friend of mine WAS a police officer. He got divorced and his ex didn't like the settlement so she got a different lawyer and tried to have it changed. She claimed that he showed up at her house with a gun and threatened her. It was proven that at the time she said that he was there, he was testifying in Court. It didn't matter. His certification to be a police officer was revoked and he still can't own a gun. The District Attorney refused to prosecute her for perjury because it would send a BAD message to women and prevent them from coming forward about abuse. I know there is an issue with domestic violence. I don't mean to belittle it. The problem is that it has become a huge weapon in the "war on men". I used to work as an armed guard at a place where they hid victims of domestic violence that had an actual threat against them. You would be surprised how many of them were men with their children hiding from their wife or ex-wife.

Your "get out of gun jail" bit is a flop as well. First. What does "community service" have to do with it? "Private therapy sessions" are a joke. What is the criteria for passing the therapy? Who determines it? When you have psychologists claiming that your wanting to own a gun is a mental defect, how do you determine when somebody is cured?

The main problem here is that you are never going to appease the anti-gun crowd. This has nothing to do with violence. This is all about power. That's it plain and simple.
One last thing. Gun laws only effect the people that you don't have to worry about in the first place.
edit on 8-8-2019 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2019 by JIMC5499 because: I screwed up the quote.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Just remember, even the CDC says that every year there are far more Defensive gun use by citizens than gun homicides by criminals. A low estimate is about 300k defensive gun use a year, compared to about 12,000 Gun Homicides a year! The fact is, Gun saves more lives than MSM want to admit!

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

It’s also true that many of these mass murderers haven’t been charged with a violent crime before going out on their insane shooting spree. So admittedly, that wouldn’t catch them. But we’ve got to start somewhere, right?

So you admit it wouldn't work but wish to do it anyway??

Would you please go back to the entire post and reread it. The whole point I’m making is that we have got to start somewhere. I guess I have to identify as an advocate FOR the 2nd amendment but I do not condone the use of guns in the unnecessary murder of others. I’m at least trying to help come up with solutions...I don’t see that effort coming from yourself or others. Instead you defensively critique anyone who challenges any and all aspects of gun ownership.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join