It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hobbs and Shaw Spoils Game of Thrones Ending!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Considered this a bit of a warning to any fans of Game of Thrones who have not yet caught up, the new movie Fast and Furious present: Hobbs and Shaw quite literally spoils the entire ending of the show. Fortunately I was all caught up but I know of at least two people who went to go see it and left pretty pissed off that the movie spoiled the ending. I cannot understand why they have done this, I know quite a lot of people who are still catching up on GoT and regardless of what people thought of the ending of GoT people should have a chance to experience it form themselves and hot have it spoiled by a movie like this with no warning.
edit on 8-8-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The finale of GoT aired almost 3 months ago. The ending is discussed everywhere, it's mainstream. Mostly everyone who watches it has seen the ending and to those that haven't, tough. What's your next thread?

'WARNING, the internet is talking about GoT ending and actually SPOILS it by talking about it, what are these people thinking when some people haven't seen it'

A couple of weeks after the finale is generally frowned upon regarding spoilers, hell, even a month after a finale but this was 3 months ago. Jeesus.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:56 AM
link   

how do you " spoil " - surch an abysmal farce as GOT S8 ????????????????

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

That might be true but I know a few people who like to bindge the show and are waiting for it to release on DVD before watching it. Just seem crazy to have put it in there with zero warning to me.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Imagine how pissed your friend would be if they had to endure the GoT ending without beeing spoiled. I personaly warn my friends of how bad the ending is, and apologize to them for recommending that miserable show.

Also I don't think you can call that a spoiler after all that months. GoT ending is a meme now, sad but true.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sanitarium79

haha to be fair I have warned a few people to lower their expectations. I honestly have at least two friends who have said that the ending of the movie though spoiled it for them. Personally I think with GoT it was more about the journey to the ending rather than the ending itself, am still pissed at the ending but I got a pretty good TV show that I loved for a lot of years, its a shame it couldn't stick the landing but I loved the journey.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I've never watched or read GoT...
And I've only watched the fast and furious movie....

Problem solved...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I was going to start watching GoT but when I found out all of you were watching it, I decided it isn't for me. I'm not a conformist like yall.

Hahahah owned

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I mean, if you're a GoT "fan", but see Fast and Furious 19 before you finish GoT, I have no sympathy for you.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Considered this a bit of a warning to any fans of Game of Thrones who have not yet caught up, the new movie Fast and Furious present: Hobbs and Shaw quite literally spoils the entire ending of the show. Fortunately I was all caught up but I know of at least two people who went to go see it and left pretty pissed off that the movie spoiled the ending. I cannot understand why they have done this, I know quite a lot of people who are still catching up on GoT and regardless of what people thought of the ending of GoT people should have a chance to experience it form themselves and hot have it spoiled by a movie like this with no warning.

next thing we know, you are going to tell us not to spoil the Soprano's ending...

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

What is 'Hobbs and Shaw'? Is that the kid with the imaginary tiger as a friend?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What is 'Hobbs and Shaw'? Is that the kid with the imaginary tiger as a friend?

You're thinking of this:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

That's them.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I saw Hobbs and Shaw F&F. Adolescent script, over the top acting, unnecessarily violent, poorly directed,
no redeeming value except it was wonderful escapism, entertaining silly BS, and a fantastic way to spend a couple of hours
just watching a movie. Every movie dosen't have to be Citizen Kane or Last Year at Marianbad....

however the cgi, sfx, green screen, stuntmen gags were a work of art. Anyone even moderately interested in the technical aspects of film, needs to see this movie.

I like the characters in GoT, and all the plot twists, good stuff! Not as good as Brkin Bad but good!

George RR Martin is a great guy and investing/producing the NM film indy efforts and MeowWolf like crazy. Big Bucks!!!
edit on 8-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I review I saw said it was basically a paper thin plot cobbled together for the express purpose of allowing The Rock and Statham to have massive action set pieces interspersed with periods of ripping on each which they do hilariously because they have good chemistry and timing.

If you go into it expecting anything more, you're doing it wrong. If that's what you're after, it might be the best movie of your summer.

The reviewer said he can totally understand people who come up to him telling him it was the worst movie they'd ever seen, and the ones who come up to him telling him it was the best movie they'd seen. And since he didn't really expect much from it except popcorn entertainment, he enjoyed it thoroughly, but in the same way one enjoys a movie like Commando.

edit on 8-8-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

join