It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go ahead and ban things- guns - magazines - etc - we'll just make them instead of buying them!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This game is getting ridiculous. We have background checks which do an adequate job for what they are. So you want to ban things? You can't ban things I can make, never can, never will. We can already print parts for guns, let along magazine or drum magazines. You want to start banning things? We will start renting a portable CNC machine that will spit out 20-30 AR-15 lowers every day, and you can rent it by the hour. You can buy the 6061/6063/7075 billet as well. We can even include a 3d printer to print your magainzes as well.

You want to ban stuff go ahead. I can guarantee there will be 1000's of these set up in a week, probably closer to 10,000 of them b/c people are going to get greedy and think they can make $$. Then that will lead to the CNC machines for sale in 6-12 months for next to nothing and people can build an arsenal at home.

If you want to get serious, for $500 investment & about $50-100 materials, you can print 400+ 30 round magazines for an AR (not including making steel springs). Are you going to ban springs as well? OH, that's right, you can make those TOO very easily!
edit on 8 8 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I have said it before, heroin and coc aine are illegal. All of it is smuggled in from places that are thousands of miles away... yet it still gets here.
Any basement , garage or outbuilding can be set up to manufacture weapons, from zip guns and blowback submachineguns on the simple end up to ARs and the like. Hell, the Afghans used to make copies of weapons that they stole from their enemies using files, saws and hand drills. They didn't even have electricity.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
A few years ago I was laid off for a bit. I knew that I was going to be recalled so there was no sense in looking for another job. I have a degree in mechanical engineering and 3D design. I spent my off time making 3d models and manufacturing drawings of my guns. Not only can I make new ones if I choose, I can improve the function of them. Certain things are done for cost reasons in manufacturing, that don't need to be done if you are making your own.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Lol yeah that's what people will do. You don't just fab a gun on a rented lathe. It takes training.

I think you post this drivel fishing for S&F! It honestly seems it because these ideas are always so easy to poke full of holes.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Yeah and does your design experience help you fabricate those guns? No.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

I worked as an aircraft mechanic and machinist before I went back to school. If I design it, I can build it. I do my own prototypes.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

The trickiest part is the rifling for the barrel. There's a way to do it with an arbor press and a jig. Other than that it is pretty simple.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499
Yes, button rifling. There are YouTube videos showing how to do it.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Where there's a will,there's a way.I feel the more things get banned
people will just go underground to get them.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I'm familiar with that. There's another way that is a bit more complex but gives better results.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

3d printing is quite amazing, love watching a magazine made, might only use it once but it's cheap as hell!

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I have a home 3-in-1 machine shop right here. You really think only a gun manufacturer can build a gun? It's just cheaper, in terms of both labor and materials, to buy one. Everything you can buy was built by someone and can be build by someone else. If you think only a gun manufacturer can make a gun, you're living in a fantasy realm.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I wouldn't want to make my own gun that snip looks hard to do lol.. I haven't the knowledge. winchester started somewhere like you once ya know

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Really!!! nobody here knows you can buy a "parts kit" ar15, ak47, etc. that comes with a sawed receiver, then you can buy a 90% finished receiver and finish the gun yourself.....

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
This game is getting ridiculous. We have background checks which do an adequate job for what they are. So you want to ban things? You can't ban things I can make, never can, never will. We can already print parts for guns, let along magazine or drum magazines. You want to start banning things? We will start renting a portable CNC machine that will spit out 20-30 AR-15 lowers every day, and you can rent it by the hour. You can buy the 6061/6063/7075 billet as well. We can even include a 3d printer to print your magainzes as well.

You want to ban stuff go ahead. I can guarantee there will be 1000's of these set up in a week, probably closer to 10,000 of them b/c people are going to get greedy and think they can make $$. Then that will lead to the CNC machines for sale in 6-12 months for next to nothing and people can build an arsenal at home.

If you want to get serious, for $500 investment & about $50-100 materials, you can print 400+ 30 round magazines for an AR (not including making steel springs). Are you going to ban springs as well? OH, that's right, you can make those TOO very easily!

Wasn't there a case recently or a few years ago? Some guy put out 3d printing plans on internet for a firearm and I know the ATF or something got involved.

Given the sheer number of firearms in circulation, there is no feasible way to ban guns. In fact, it is easier to get a gun illegally than legally... you can go into any "hood" and pick up a gun for next to nothing. Dang near every teenager on the West and Southside of Chicago is packing.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: manuelram16

that's called cheating, I'm reporting you for hacking my bf5

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

I don't want to either.... I make mostly electronic stuff here. But if I needed a gun and one wasn't available, I can. That's the key.

I don't want to make a new ECM for my car if one goes out, but I can. Same principle.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Wasn't there a case recently or a few years ago? Some guy put out 3d printing plans on internet for a firearm and I know the ATF or something got involved.

The 3d printed Liberator by Defense Distributed is what you're referring to. I printed a set of the parts to have a look at what all the noise was about, and I seriously would expect it to fail explosively on the first round, even with a blank cartridge opposed to a live round.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Could we build a makeshift hand held rail gun?

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Not an issue,

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join