It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING Victoria's Secret: Top executive quits after lingerie company hires first openly transgen

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   

JIMC5499 said: The reason that they don't stock our sizes is because they don't want us shopping there. They want to cater to the beautiful people and don't want them to see people of our size there.

I think you're right, people of size are unfairly targeted with shaming tactics, because they're easier to hit.

They should have ad campaigns, too.

They could promote largesse in all things for example.

"Size 22 it's not just about a number, it's about how you feel inside, and I feel big...I mean small."

Don't mock what you don't understand.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That is irony at its finest. A Christian has no problem working for a company that sexualizes women, but the second a trans person is hired, it's suddenly the end of the world and anti-Christian. I swear some people need to grow up. What a goddamn hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

I don't think Razek mentioned Christianity at all.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Odd as it may sound, when I worked in the commercial fishing industry, I ran across many transsexuals who if you didn't know better, you'd swear they were naturally born women...most were pre-op, earning money for the final bit of surgery required to finish the transition.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Just reading the OP title caused me to throw up in my mouth a little. Thanks :/

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

Victoria's Secret chief marketing officer has quit just days after the lingerie company hired its first openly transgender model.

Valentina Sampaio, from Brazil, has signed a contract with the US fashion brand in a move by the retailer to modernise its image.

Sampaio's hiring comes nearly a year after top executive Ed Razek apologised for implying trans women were off-brand.

Razek, who has now retired, sparked outrage last November when he said in a Vogue interview that the annual Victoria's Secret angels TV special should not include "transsexual" models because "the show is a fantasy".

Victoria's Secret: Top executive quits after lingerie company hires first openly transgender model Valentina Sampaio

Following on from myprevious thread yesterday, this has now occurred. The Chief Marketing Officer has quit. And it's not exactly surprising after his earlier comments...jeez...

Good for him.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Odd as it may sound, when I worked in the commercial fishing industry, I ran across many transsexuals who if you didn't know better, you'd swear they were naturally born women...most were pre-op, earning money for the final bit of surgery required to finish the transition.

Yeah, I can imagine "rewiring the urethra" can be eye-wateringly expensive pahahahahahahaha

Surprised the scientifically illiterate public doesn't even ask "how is it done?" hahahahaha

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
Gone are the days when lingerie is marketed firstly to men. Good riddens.

This makes me think of the phrase:

If Love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

If you are thinking more about who is wearing it than who is looking at it, then you've COMPLETELY missed the point. It's not underwear.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

OK you're a supermod, so I'll tread carefully but YOU said it. HOW did you find out they were not real women? Does you significant other know about this?

(I'm kidding of course. I don't care).

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

LOL

Fishing plants/communities are very small populations, and there are no secrets.

When you're management, like I was for many years, you have to deal with strange things. Such as trans being put in with women who are not willing to live with a male, irregardless of how he may feel about himself/herself.

Or vice versa, that happened, too. Women transitioning into male trying to room with men, who are less than comfortable with it...

So, those of us who are paid to solve problems, though I don't ever recall seeing this particular one in the contract I signed had to deal with it. Easy enough to solve, new housing arrangements were made, and everyone was equally dissatisfied...the art of compromise.

I found it amusing most of the time.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join