It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hallo, ciamar a tha thu? 'S mise ADVISOR.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hello, how are you? I'm ADVISOR.

Ok, for those who don't know, that was a Gaelic/Celtic introduction. It's fitting as the next few lines I'm about to share are wise words spoken by Fionn Mac Cumhail(pronounced Finn Mac Cool), and a couple triads from Old Eire. I'll make this history lesson brief. This is mostly for you newer members, if any will read this.

Utter not swaggering speech, nor say thou wilt not yield what is right; it is a shameful thing to speak too stiffly unless that it be feasible to carry out thy words. (Walk like you talk � talk like you walk.)

Be no tale-bearer, nor utterer of falsehoods; be not talkative nor rashly censorious. Stir not up strife against thee, however good a man thou be. (When in doubt � and that should be often � keep your mouth shut.)

Censure not any if he be of grave repute; stand not up to take part in a brawl; have naught to do with a madman or a wicked one. (Everyone should have their say; listen particularly to the aged, and the famous. Do not get involved in fights � the fianna stand not for one king over another. Beware the machinations of the unseelie and the wicked. They still walk among us.)

Man is three things; Who we think we are, who others think we are, and who we really are.

Three reasons for keeping silent: against saying the thing one ought not, against speaking in the way one ought not, and against speaking in the place one ought not.

Three reasons for speaking, come what may: for instruction against ignorance, counsel against strife, and truth against harmful falsehood.

Three things which strengthen a person to stand against the whole world: Seeing the quality and beauty of truth; seeing beneath the cloak of falsehood; and seeing to what ends truth and falsehood come.

Three strange things in the world: loving war more than peace, loving excess more than sufficiency, and loving falsehood more than truth

Don't concider these rules of ATS, but they are good rules to live by. Also the above is not a complete list, as it is by far a meager portion of ages old wisdom.

[Edited on 8-7-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:35 AM
link   
" Ok, for those who don't know, that was a Gaelic/Celtic introduction. "

Thank you very much ADVISOR, because I was thinking your keyboard was broken or you was drunk.

Do you speak Celtic ?

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:43 AM
link   
That was quite entertaining, and interesting at the same time, trying to read all that..It was also long overdue, meaning it's about time we get to know the members who have been here a while on a personal level-that is..although that wasn't really all that personal, so could ya tell us more? I want more more more..Ahhh greedy woman, gotta love emm

How old are you?
What are your hobbies?
Where do you live?
Are you married, have kids?
What color socks are you wearing?
*That type of stuff*
Magestica

Welcome aboard though Advisor..good to have you as part of our nutty family

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 04:03 AM
link   
UP, I'm learning, or hoping I'm learning!
But I think I have it down enough to get my idea across.

Originally posted by magestica
How old are you?

24, and not getting younger.

What are your hobbies?
Hikeing, ATS, camping, ATS, reading, ATS, listening to music, ATS, tossing back cold ones, ATS, learning about everything, ATS, swimming, ATS, PT, did I mention ATS?

Where do you live?
Some were west of Lake Erie, and east of Cheese land.

Well, at least most of the time. Travel is something I have been doing more of. Mostly to Ohio and back.

Are you married, have kids?
These questions are getting scary!

J/k
No, actually, I have location trouble. But a great woman is welcome, as long as travel isn't a problem.

What color socks are you wearing?
??? socks?

Welcome aboard though Advisor..good to have you as part of our nutty family

Thanks lass...I think...

Thats all you guys are getting from me, unless we meet at an ATS meeting.

[Edited on 9-7-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   
some how I thought you would be an old man. I guess avatars do say something. Anyways I m not a chicken.

[Edited on 9-7-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Advisor seems such a nice, moderate guy for somebody carrying so many WMDs.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   
who says he is the old man in his avatar maybe he is the eagle...

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I was only being a smarty pants! I didn't expect you to answer all my questions..but I'm glad you did, you are so cool for doing so too, if I must say so myself
I can't believe you are only 24 *remembering those days* anyway, I had a moment there of being young again..no biggie. I hope you find what you are looking for whilst on your search of the world..

And you didn't answer my sock question
Sorry I have a *thing* for feet and socks

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Maybe some time you could take the time and explain to me what this "socks" are? Is that some sort of conspiracy?

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
socks are evil creatures who are foot parasites. when approached by a sock it is useful to do one of the following.

1. distract the head and pick it up by the tail.

2. goad it into the blender

3. light it on fire

4. make younger sibling pick it up for you.

in some cases socks emit an enzyme known as 'smellslikeass' they are usually scared or hungry in these cases. tube socks are a more common species, found in the bedrooms of overexcited, puberty stricken teenagers, and should be avoided AT ALL COSTS.

lol

welcome advisor! you're cool as hell! err oxymoron, anyway, you an me go back so err welcome to ahh ats? heh.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'd write something in Gaelic, but all I remember is what my father used to yell at me when he was mad and that is not appropriate content for ATS.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
How can anybody walk like they talk and talk like they walk it is an impossibility.

Tapadh leat - Advisor.

I hope I just didn't offer to do your laundry.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
hi ,were can i get a gas mask,and kevlar

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
caimar a hasha fien S' mise Michiev

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hello Advisor!

Been awhile since i've seen u on!!!

Glad to hear that u've managed to get ur tongue around all those pronouncations!

See you soon

Gryff

Ps....Mo dunne....Chi Mi'n Geamhradh!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Don't concider these rules of ATS, but they are good rules to live by.

Yeah...yeah I'll abide by them.

But if I screw-up............

do you do body-guard work?

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hoist a Guinness with me, Advisor! Slainte!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BULLofSEVENBATTLES
Hoist a Guinness with me, Advisor! Slainte!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Fancy a McCallans and beer with me? lol

Nice to hear from u again..been awhile!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Hello, how are you? I'm ADVISOR.

Ok, for those who don't know, that was a Gaelic/Celtic introduction. It's fitting as the next few lines I'm about to share are wise words spoken by Fionn Mac Cumhail(pronounced Finn Mac Cool), and a couple triads from Old Eire. I'll make this history lesson brief. This is mostly for you newer members, if any will read this.

Utter not swaggering speech, nor say thou wilt not yield what is right; it is a shameful thing to speak too stiffly unless that it be feasible to carry out thy words. (Walk like you talk � talk like you walk.)

Be no tale-bearer, nor utterer of falsehoods; be not talkative nor rashly censorious. Stir not up strife against thee, however good a man thou be. (When in doubt � and that should be often � keep your mouth shut.)

Censure not any if he be of grave repute; stand not up to take part in a brawl; have naught to do with a madman or a wicked one. (Everyone should have their say; listen particularly to the aged, and the famous. Do not get involved in fights � the fianna stand not for one king over another. Beware the machinations of the unseelie and the wicked. They still walk among us.)

Man is three things; Who we think we are, who others think we are, and who we really are.

Three reasons for keeping silent: against saying the thing one ought not, against speaking in the way one ought not, and against speaking in the place one ought not.

Three reasons for speaking, come what may: for instruction against ignorance, counsel against strife, and truth against harmful falsehood.

Three things which strengthen a person to stand against the whole world: Seeing the quality and beauty of truth; seeing beneath the cloak of falsehood; and seeing to what ends truth and falsehood come.

Three strange things in the world: loving war more than peace, loving excess more than sufficiency, and loving falsehood more than truth

Don't concider these rules of ATS, but they are good rules to live by. Also the above is not a complete list, as it is by far a meager portion of ages old wisdom.

[Edited on 8-7-2003 by ADVISOR]

how thd # do you get Mac Cool outta Mac Cumhail?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join