It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Event! A first-hand SHTF account from Kashmir

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jgarc028
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

these are such improvised nations that "being a prepper is essential to way of life" not a "prepper for nuclear holocaust" but a prepper for "oh here we go again,.. political, social, issues have arised" both these peoples have been prepping for a long time.

Goes to prove my point, just go about dealing with life as it has always been while not preparing for scenarios that would make it much worse. Perhaps they are too involved with survival as it it to deal with a crisis or emergency situation that is outside of the normal routine. But doesn't that make it even more critical to be prepared?

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The way I see it is that Jammu & Kashmir was ruled by a Hindu Maharaja and independent from British rule before partition.
After partition, the Maharaja could not care less as he was ruling an independent state. But muslim tribesmen from Pakistan thought why not invade Kashmir. So the Maharaja said Hell No and acceded to union with India.
Obviously Pakistan declared war just after being independent as it was more important than building their young nation. The war ended in 1948 with The Maharaja losing 38% of the land to Pakistan. Renewed fighting afterwards produced little change.
The monarchy was abolished in 1952 and ultimately Jammu & Kashmir became an integral part of India according to a new constitution in 1957.
So by law Jammu & Kashmir is part of India and Pakistan is just being Pakistan.
As for China, we all know what they did and are doing with Tibet.

From a legal point of view Tibet remains an independent state under illegal occupation, a fact that China wishes it could whitewash from history. China says Tibet was backwards and needed China to liberate it. In fact, Tibet is rich in natural resources and had a strategically important border with India.

China argument about Tibet

The truth is not on China’s side, so it must continue to lie.

So whatever opinion they have on the Jammu & Kashmir issue should be used to accentuate their hypocrisy.

I hope Jammu and Kashmir becomes a peaceful place with growing infrastructure so that I may spend a couple of weeks there on Holiday. I have heard there and Ladhak is very beautiful.

Peace!

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Pakistan and India have been going at it over this region for decades. Turmoil there is nothing new.

There's been tons of posts here on ATS about it over the years, even some crazy videos. Even the changing of the guard in this region is a spectacle, just due to the political theatrics.

I doubt anything major is going to happen.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
A good read from a prepping and survival perspective.

I've been studying Venezuela pretty closely for current examples of survival situations. I've been reading the Selco (Bosnian War Survivor) interviews from SHTF Plan and studying his scenarios and advice. Now we have another conflict teaching us survival and prepping scenarios in real time.

I get the impression that most people in this situation were down playing the threat and not prepared for a crisis. I can almost hear it now . . .

"Stop worrying, it's OK, you don't have to do any survival prepping. It's all just loony conspiracies, rumors, just a bunch of crazy talk. Quit playing with the bug-out bags, stop stocking up on beans and bullets, no more buying precious metals and hoarding cash, and really just forget about that Ham Operators license and equipment. Nothing is going to happen, so just stop wasting your time and money by concerning yourself with paranoid delusions about survival situations and prepping."

Take a look at Venezuela. The government is in such a shambles that large swaths of the country routinely have blackouts that last days at a time. For all practical purposes, this means no internet and no banking are available. Cash-on hand is essential -- or it would be, but Venezuela has seen hyperinflation that has rendered its currently effectively worthless. So, a smart strategy would be to have currently from Colombia or Brazil, or even plan to have goods that could be bartered for necessities.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
India should back off , remember Kashmir was always a separate country , and head off what may not turn out the way they think.

Kashmir has never been a country, it's always been a region and it's been occupied by one group or another since the 1300's.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

India should back off , remember Kashmir was always a separate country , and head off what may not turn out the way they think.

Kashmir has never been a country, it's always been a region and it's been occupied by one group or another since the 1300's.

Quite right. It's a disputed region.

Personally I think they should have one big last fight and the winner takes it or at least let's the UN mediate in some referendum vote or something to see what the Kashmiris themselves actually want...

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Pakistan and India have been going at it over this region for decades. Turmoil there is nothing new.

There's been tons of posts here on ATS about it over the years, even some crazy videos. Even the changing of the guard in this region is a spectacle, just due to the political theatrics.

I doubt anything major is going to happen.

I think something should be done to make it end. Perhaps one big last fight and then a UN-mediated referendum vote or something to see what the Kashmiris themselves actually want...

Look at South Sudan. Sure, the road to the world's youngest country was bloody and unpleasant (and it still isn't great), but it is a sovereign nation today.

Now, I am not saying that Kashmir can follow in the same footsteps (we do have two nuclear nations vying for it after all), but I am saying that we should resolve it by the beginning of the next decade (i.e. BEFORE 2020) - and if that means a bloody and unpleasant but short conflict and then a final referendum or something, then so be it.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You are correct. I had meant to say area. And the independent part was for no one group ever controlled the region.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Diaspar

U.N? lol This is concerning. Very concerning. With the U. S. divided and distracted by politics, someone may be getting ready to take advantage. Kashmir has something they want.....Food for one, Kashmir has the potential to be the bread basket of South Asia. With proper management the farmlands of the Kashmir region could compete with the U. S. Midwest. Kashmir has a steady and clean supply of water as well as various minerals useful in industrial processes. India's exploding economy needs resources such as these. While Pakistan is equally expanding. I am afraid Kashmir is between two nations that need those resources and the rest of the world hardly care. Be alert, Friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ServiusTull

If lithium is found then it becomes even more serious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join