It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agent fired over anti-Trump text messages sues FBI, Justice

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
www.yahoo.com...

The suit from Peter Strzok also alleges he was unfairly punished for expressing his political opinions, and that the Justice Department violated his privacy when it shared hundreds of his text messages with reporters.

This will go no where....there is no expectation of privacy when using government equipment. Period.

All he is doing is attracting attention to what he did......not very smart.
edit on R552019-08-06T13:55:00-05:00k558Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, the lawsuit will cost the American Taxpayer quite a bit of money. The money spent could probably feed a lot of the poor people. How come that guy is not in prison for what he did?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Whatever he does on Government furnished equipment does not belong to him. Next time use a personal phone. James Comey also believes his memos that he wrote on a government laptop also belong to him. False. It belongs to taxpayers. Do your politics on your own time and on your own computer.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Whatever he does on Government furnished equipment does not belong to him. Next time use a personal phone. James Comey also believes his memos that he wrote on a government laptop also belong to him. False. It belongs to taxpayers. Do your politics on your own time and on your own computer.

Exactly..... government phones used to have that sticker on them that reminded people that all calls are subject to recording and monitoring.

Seems people have forgotten the basics, due to the governments move to smart phones.....same rules still apply though.
edit on R112019-08-06T14:11:16-05:00k118Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Curious to see how many will defend this lawsuit.

Cough cough.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

its not a crime to not like the president. This one well, it makes it very easy.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: rickymouse

its not a crime to not like the president. This one well, it makes it very easy.

That didn't take long.

I know this is useless,,,so I will make it short. Government ethics forbids political discussion in the workplace.

EVERY federal government employee takes a yearly ethics class. The man is clearly in violation of established government ethics, and his lawsuit is baseless.

EDIT: Ethic training is 100% compliant. Everybody has to so it. As a matter of fact, there has to be a record of him acknowledging doing this training if he was unable to attend one of the classes they set up.
edit on R482019-08-06T14:48:56-05:00k488Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Anyone can file a lawsuit. Whether the court allows it to go forward is another thing.

You were a govt worker so let me ask you this... I understand the non expectation of privacy when you use government equipment but does that also cover them publishing the texts with the press?
I have no idea but somehow that just sounds like it should be wrong.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Anyone can file a lawsuit. Whether the court allows it to go forward is another thing.

You were a govt worker so let me ask you this... I understand the non expectation of privacy when you use government equipment but does that also cover them publishing the texts with the press?
I have no idea but somehow that just sounds like it should be wrong.

His texts would have been subject to FOIA, so I guess if they asked for it..they really had no choice but to release it. I do remember that they did redact some personal things that weren't related to a FOIA.

Since there is no expectation of privacy when using government communications... I don't see this going anywhere.
edit on R562019-08-06T14:56:17-05:00k568Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

That didnt take long.... yeah hi how are ya......

I never worked for the government so forgive me for not knowing this.

Oh hey look above I asked you about this very thing cuz I dont know....

Lucky for me I dont work for the government. I can have whatever feelings and discussions I want.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It’s just a money grab...it’s what liberals do to get money they don’t deserve.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

STRZOK is now attending meetings again at FBI headquarters.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Didnt they fire him?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You are correct on the ethics training. Only problem is on the senior executive level they do whatever they want unfortunately. Take Hillary for example. She signed an NDA on email use but when asked about it said she did not remember signing it. And none of her staff took the required OPSEC and ethics training which is required annually yet they were all given a pass. Anyone below them would be charged with a crime or out of their circle of political protection.

To me, this is the main sickness going on right now. It's not racial tension, religious tension. It's the disregard for the rule of law. They did it at the FBI, CIA, SD. It infuriates people that nobody is ever held accountable on that senior executive level.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

So are any govt workers texts subject to FOIA requests?

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So are any govt workers texts subject to FOIA requests?

I have no idea. I would assume any government employee could be subject to a narrow FOIA.( about a specific subject matter)... it's not like you could request every government employees texts just because.
edit on R052019-08-06T15:05:49-05:00k058Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

At the State level they can be, so I would think that at the Federal level why not.

Also if the goes to court, then the charge of treason could be placed against him, given what was in the leaked messages. Right now he can claim freedom of speech, but if pressed who knows.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Now that I thought about it .... any federal gov employee would be subject to FOIA since there is no expectation of privacy.

FOIA have to be fairly narrow in scope, as I understand it.

If I want to do a FOIA on Joe Snuffy... I just can't ask for all of Joe Snuffy's communications........ I would have to specify a date range, subject matter, etc. to get anywhere.

Fox is carrying the story now:

www.foxnews.com...

He is using the orange man bad defense
edit on R272019-08-06T15:27:14-05:00k278Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Even in the private sector, while immune to FOIA requests my work phone is subject to discovery if my employer gets sued. I remember reading about the law Arkansas passed requiring employers to back up all text messages, voicemails, call logs and ect on company devices.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join