It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SR-71 Blackbird #61-7965

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I visited this crash site in June of 2019. Still a fair amount of debris there. There was evidence someone was there with a metal detector, holes dug up with fragments beside the holes. My cardinal rule is, and shall remain, to take no debris. Nor will I give out coordinates to any of these sites, so don't ask. I made the mistake a few years ago, someone begged me ("I'm an Eagle Scout, I'm a Veteran, I promise not to even TOUCH any debris") to give him coordinates to the A-12 crash site near Wendover, NV. Then I discover the a-hole is peddling debris parts from the site on eBay. Never again.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: FosterVS
When I first visited that site in January 1999, I wondered if the bulk of the wreckage might have been buried in the crater and bulldozed over. A few years later, a guy from Fernley (near Reno) visited the site with a backhoe and excavated about 3,000 pounds of debris including both intact canopies, and took it all home. I seem to recall seeing the canopies for sale on eBay at one time.

posted on Mar, 7 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

My friend and I helped my dad's friend dig up the crash site with the backhoe. It was probably around 2007 if I had to guess. It's been so long it's hard to remember. I want to go back now to show my little brother the crash site. I've always told him about it. I just don't remember exactly where it is.

posted on Mar, 14 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: thecrashkid
a reply to: Shadowhawk
My friend and I helped my dad's friend dig up the crash site with the backhoe. It was probably around 2007 if I had to guess. It's been so long it's hard to remember. I want to go back now to show my little brother the crash site. I've always told him about it. I just don't remember exactly where it is.

Round up the 3000 lbs. of debris and canopies, and I will give you the coordinates to take that material back. Otherwise, NAFC.

edit on 14-3-2020 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

top topics

join