It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop trying to find deeper meanings for mass shootings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I’ve watched the media circus blame Trump for it. I’ve seen people blame video games. Certain individuals have even gone so far as to accuse the gun for these mass shootings.

The truth of the matter is very simple: an AHOLE with a weapon decided to use it on innocent people. Before you gun blamers start chiming in, it wouldn’t even matter what weapon he used. He could’ve stormed through a Walmart with two machetes and killed as many people before the police arrived.

Do Republicans encourage this kind of behavior? Only if Democrats do the same. One of the shooters was a “far right racist” and the other was a “far left radical”. It seems that if we want to blame politics, we would have to point fingers in every direction, impeach the entire government, and start over from scratch.

Even white supremacists, as a whole, these days (not the KKK of old) do not encourage violence unless necessary. Richard Spencer has called for the removal of what he considers to be “undesirable” members of society, but he’s spoken out against violence. He has the idea of just paying them to leave.

(NOTE: I neither support nor agree with Richard Spencer or any other supremacist groups.)

The real problem, however, is that other AHOLES want to build political agendas and conspiracy theories on the backs of people who are lying in pools of their own blood because one AHOLE decided it was their time. I watched Democrats and Republicans alike stumbling all over themselves to get a photo-op or a sound byte in the wake of the shootings. Do they even know the names of the people who died? Do they even care?

In the end, you can blame who or whatever you want to blame for these violent attacks, but at least pay respect to the grieving families, communities, and nation as a whole.

time.com...

www.npr.org...

Those people died. They didn’t die for whatever causes you support or oppose. They didn’t die to prop up a political candidate. They died because a lunatic decided to end their life. That’s it. It’s no different than the convenience store clerk who got shot last week over the $200 in their register, but I guess that’s one’s just not important enough to make news.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24537190]scolai[/post.
Well said

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Spot-on.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: scolai

Do you consider him an 'AHOLE' because of the shooting or just because you like calling people so?

I think I know what could've been the problem.

Do you have the tendency to think of yourself as innocent?

edit on 5-8-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

That’s it. It’s no different than the convenience store clerk who got shot last week over the $200 in their register, but I guess that’s one’s just not important enough to make news.

What makes it different is when one of the mass murders writes a manifesto explaining his motivation and ideology.

Have you read it?

boards.fireden.net...

Would you feel the same if one of your innocent loved one's had of been murdered.
edit on 5-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

To bad mass shooters don't just kill themselves instead of others. Or maybe torture them to show an example of what will happen if you do this. Human rights should go out the window when you kill innocent people.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Something made those Aholes decide to pick up a gun and kill people. I know quite a few Aholes, and none of the ones I know have killed anyone yet, and I don't see them as the type.

I'd say at the very least, a discussion about violent video games would be a start. If they have no cause in this, there is nothing to worry about. We continue to scream "IT"S THE GUNZ!!!!" every time this happens, but never seem to wonder why someone picked up the damn gun in the first place.

I wish we could stop this from happening again. I just don't know how. And ignoring the discussion just doesn't seem to be having a positive effect.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

That’s it. It’s no different than the convenience store clerk who got shot last week over the $200 in their register, but I guess that’s one’s just not important enough to make news.

What makes it different is when one of the mass murders writes a manifesto explaining his motivation and ideology.

Have you read it?

boards.fireden.net...

as you have tried already to suggest this is all Trump's fault, I'll ask you again, if most Trump supporters have guns, why don't most of his supporters go on killing sprees? We all hear him talk. Yet, some of us just don't seem to be all in on the killing thing. Are we just not all that committed?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Have you read it?

boards.fireden.net...

as you have tried already to suggest this is all Trump's fault, I'll ask you again, if most Trump supporters have guns, why don't most of his supporters go on killing sprees? We all hear him talk. Yet, some of us just don't seem to be all in on the killing thing. Are we just not all that committed?

Don't put words in my mouth...quote the post where I ever blamed trump. You lied!!

However I do believe the current ideology of hate is culpable.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
READ THE MANIFESTO.....

There is a clear and concise motive and reason for the attack. Some would even hop on board short of pulling the trigger. It talks of 'replacement' ....... in terms that are true, it is an invasion.

Read the manifesto before you talk smack... but it's simpler to just kneejerk for 'simple minds'
The public blaming Trump ? ignorance, simple ignorance, he in no way is causal here. Get your head screwed on straight. you did not blame Trump, but many many have done so.
edit on 5-8-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Have you read it?

boards.fireden.net...

Don't put words in my mouth...quote the post where I ever blamed trump. You lied!!

LOL, shout out with that riotous indignation!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

try dealing with your own mouth before you claim others lie.
edit on 5-8-2019 by network dude because: and be sure not to answer my question, thinking isn't your strong suit these days.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Have you read it?

boards.fireden.net...

LOL, shout out with that riotous indignation!

try dealing with your own mouth before you claim others lie.

I phrased it as a question on purpose. I didn't accuse trump. Try again.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

is it possible that Olaru12 is hiding behind weasel words and really just chicken # to admit what he said?

I sure don't know.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oh Snap! I need some popcorn.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

while your integrity is waning, I would like to understand what hate you speak of.

Do you think that the average Trump supporter, like myself, hates brown folk, or "Mexicans"?
I'd honestly like to know.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

while your integrity is waning, I would like to understand what hate you speak of.

Do you think that the average Trump supporter, like myself, hates brown folk, or "Mexicans"?
I'd honestly like to know.

Some do, some don't....I think some followers of trump embrace far right white supremacist ideology.

I don't think you do. But I experienced it first hand when I was married to a beautiful Hispanic woman in Texas. She was born in Lubbock but told to go back to Mexico.

www.cnn.com...

Excuse me while I question your integrity for supporting a draft dodger.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
If this is Trump's fault then the thousands of blacks shot and killed by blacks in Chicago would be Obama's fault ( his hometown). Those deaths far, far exceed all the mass shootings in the past 30 years in the mere 8 years of Obama's Presidency. It's not even close. Obama did nothing about it. It actually got worse and continues to get worse.

That's fine if people want to blame it on Trump. Go right ahead, but not blaming those Chicago murderers on Obama would be morally bankrupt.
edit on 5-8-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Have you read it?

boards.fireden.net...

Does trump and his racist tweets share any of the blame. Did you read Patrick Crusius manifesto? It echos trumps ideology. Could it be that's why he got all fired up and killed those 20 people and wonded 26?

Uhm... do you not realize that your posts are online for people to see and check you when you make patently false claims on things like this?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Have you read it?

boards.fireden.net...

Does trump and his racist tweets share any of the blame. Did you read Patrick Crusius manifesto? It echos trumps ideology. Could it be that's why he got all fired up and killed those 20 people and wonded 26?

Uhm... do you not realize that your posts are online for people to see and check you when you make patently false claims on things like this?

Be that as it may...I phrased it as a question on purpose, that I feel still needs to be answered.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join