It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump condemns white supremacy, racism after shootings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

While some are chastising Mr. Trump for not going far enough in his condemnation and his leadership in guiding the nation in a direction that can hopefully staunch the rise of these mass killings I would like to take this moment to thank him for this speech.

Even as he is reading from a prepared script and taking the advice of advisers I am glad to see the developing wisdom he is demonstrating here.
Good on ya Donny, baby steps, baby steps.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

People are pointing a finger at his rhetoric over the last couple of years so of course he's going to read a prepared statement denouncing hate groups he feeds through twitter.

No cigar Donny.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

People are pointing a finger at his rhetoric over the last couple of years so of course he's going to read a prepared statement denouncing hate groups he feeds through twitter.

No cigar Donny.

And what rhetoric did he use that supported mass killings of our citizens? Please use links.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You can't be pleased.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Still, he could have refused to make this speech. Or ad libbed it watering down it's necessity, but he didn't. For that i will give him one of my Swisher Sweets. Their pretty cheap but I a pretty cheap kinda guy. As for Trump I will take all the small steps he manages to accomplish in directions I consider positive. I certainly find enough to criticize him over ..

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

No cigar Donny.

just be honest
no matter what he said it would not illicit a positive response from you
its ok
we get it
you dont like him

that fact alone will make some vote for him in 20

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

No cigar Donny.
That isn't true at all.

All things considered, Trump was extremely chill during these events, meanwhile, Liberal media and Democrat politicians continued to point fingers and people like AOC, broadstoking entire parts of America as white supremacist.

The liberal media has been stoking the public with their violent rhetoric and that's a fact, in fact, I challenge you to qoute our faavorite crazy politician Mad Maxine on confronting Trump supporters.

However, I'm not the least bit surprised that an Anti-Trumper, an by extension, Anti-American, won't give credit where credit is due, despite all that has happened, you TDS always manages to resonate despite our sensitive issues like these.

Have a Cuban Donny.
edit on 5-8-2019 by Arnie123 because: #Truth

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

While the speech was good I get the feeling that my and your freedoms are going to be stripped away. Trump is walking a very fine line.

To all Americans and others please watch this speech and listen.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You think reading a few words from an auto-cue written by who knows who is going to change anyone's opinion of him ?

Cool.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

You can't be pleased.

Not true , his resignation would please me.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I await the tweets that fly in the face of his teleprompter speech. History has a way of repeating itself (especially regarding Trump). Just because a few reasonable people in his party thrust a speech upon him doesn't mean anything. Trump is part of the problem and part of the hatred.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

You think reading a few words from an auto-cue written by who knows who is going to change anyone's opinion of him ?

Cool.
Yes, in fact the OP in itself is proof of that.

While the OP may not have changed his overall views on Trump, his impressions were positive, thus giving credit and potential improvements as time moves on. Who knows, perhaps Trump will continue to move along with these baby steps.

Maybe cut the TDS BS out for once, it gets f# old.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

You can't be pleased.

Not true , his resignation would please me.

I was right. You can't be pleased.

(post by Willtell removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
I await the tweets that fly in the face of his teleprompter speech. History has a way of repeating itself (especially regarding Trump). Just because a few reasonable people in his party thrust a speech upon him doesn't mean anything. Trump is part of the problem and part of the hatred.
Absolutely, history does repeat itself and in this case, another win in 2020 just like 2016.

Honestly, are we surprised by your response? It lacks substance as all you did was hope, wish and continue to hate, the irony being you trying to call Trump out on that very thing.

Try harder, you do yourself no justice.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Our freedoms... It's my impression that ''our freedoms'' are evaporating all around us regardless of who or what party is in the White House. A lot of that is because so many are interested only in ''my freedoms'' rather than ''freedoms for all''.

The ''my freedom'' to buy and keep a weapon that can kill dozens in seconds clashes with the ''freedom for all'' to safely congregate in open public places. Finding a satisfactory compromise between those two could be a positive step forward, that is if either side would budge.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

It worked wonders for barak....yes we can.....if if if if if if uh if if....

funny you didn't deny what I posted
no matter what he does it wont get a positive response from some

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

It's too late. His ignorance has overtaken any minuscule wisdom (advice from others) he might manifest. Many have died because of his ignominious ignorance and foulness of character.

Any attempt now by this dreadful person is only for his political survival.
This is a perfect example of an emotionally charged post by a radical. It only further strenghtens our views about your delusions, a dissolution of any sane views and perspectives.

link   

originally posted by: Willtell

It's too late. His ignorance has overtaken any minuscule wisdom (advice from others) he might manifest. Many have died because of his ignominious ignorance and foulness of character.

Any attempt now by this dreadful person is only for his political survival.

Even as a large part of me agrees here Will, I still think that this kind of ''rhetoric'' on his part is better than nothing.

link   
a reply to: Willtell

Many have died because of his ignominious ignorance and foulness of character.

I would appreciate a source for that claim.
If you would kindly acquiesce.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join