It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will not vote for Trump.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: underwerks
That system was dismantled along with the asylum system way back when.

As an aside, I feel compelled to point out that shuttering the vast bulk of these was a colossal mistake, and where the industry started to nosedive. Hospitals for physical ills and injuries are NOT adequate for the mental end. The two just don't operate well together as a medical system chimera, and never will, it's why there were separate hospitals for either for so long. Trying to cram everything under one roof, in one system, does not work.
edit on 8/5/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm an old person, I don't play games. I do have children up to their 30s that play games. Some of them violent but they have never acted in such a way. In fact, they are vibrant members of society. The problem runs deeper.

The traditional hierarchy that bonded our nation together has withered such as: Community Spirit, Family cohesion and yes sometimes faith in unique communities. The social systems that once stitched us together in a civilization are no longer relied on and in some cases not even accepted.

The problem is nothing has replaced them with the same effectiveness.
Many of our youth are just fine and will handle life with courage. It is the few that feel isolated and left out that are the worrisome ones. Some feeling that way will withdraw and become shadow citizens living peacefully in the background. That is ok but some, some will not find peace till they bring whatever pain they feel on other people.
We have a major challenge here, how and what do we replace those failed systems with.

Video Games as a problem? My youngest has what used to be called Aspergers, I think I have tint of it too. Apple-tree-falling thing.

With that came social anxiety but because of online games he has a wealth of friends, good healthy friendships that support each other. For that, I am grateful to all those fellow gamers that support him. And in turn he supports them.
Seems to me gamers have a healthy community. Yes their are some wildcards in the system but, let the system police itself. For those active gamers out there, continue to take ownership of your community and it will flourish and perhaps lay the foundation for an even better society.

Just hold on to each other tight, move forward to whatever world awaits. I just turned 57 and am proud of what the young generation is building. I would much rather you beat the hell out each other online than in person.

The politicians are grabbing straws, that is what they do. Ignore all of them, vote with your conscience, take care of each other and we will continue to move forward. I sure wish I was among you all, you kids are going on some major adventures.

The new generation will lead us off world and gaming teaches you how to solve problems fast. Your the kind of humans we need. To those in my generation you may seem weird but, wasn't Albert Einstein? Forward Humanity my young Friends.
edit on Mon Aug 5 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: made paragraphs

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
If only the world was so simple.

Evil lies in the heart of men.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Not just men, my dog is evil. I think he plots against me. lol

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

originally posted by: watchandwait410
In the presidents speech today he bashed violent videogames saying he wants them gone basically...

Millions if not billions have played such games and have not turned into crazy mass killers.

Why do old people always go for the games. They are just games for the majority of us.

Did the killer eat a peanut butter sandwich? Lets get rid of them!

Just because he never played them and doesn't understand the joy you can get saving the world doesn't mean it's bad because he doesn't "get it"

Am I the only one who thinks Trump should not have of taken the advice of what ever dumbass suggested this to him because I am sure he will lose many votes.

- Thanks.

Call of Duty is probably "a violent video game" - with its age 12 rating

That's because everyone who has ever played it has been called a n*gg*r and/or f*gg*t by those 12 year olds.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServiusTull
a reply to: Lysergic

Not just men, my dog is evil. I think he plots against me. lol

Cats, too. We know they're evil, and they have mind control powers on top of evilness. Otherwise, humans wouldn't be bipedal slaves to them so easily.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: DanDanDat

Have you seen tv? Full of violence too. Much more real looking.

Is it typical young guy response not to read all of the argument they are responding too?

originally posted by: DanDanDat

I think it is a mistake to dismiss the influence these games, and other glorified violence in our media, have on the real violence in our society.

As you get older you will realize life isn't as black and white as you think it is. Both the violence in video games, and other media, and pharmaceuticals can be contributing factors.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You don't have to warn me, I have two cats and I am an Anti-Catite. Bas--rd is looking at me now. Creeps me out. But unlike humans of different ethnic groups, cats and dogs really are a threat.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

Typical Trump supporter... You can't just say "well that was stupid of him to say". Instead you just accept and say we could all do without video games cause of trump's misinformed information..

You can still vote for him and say he said something stupid or wrong......

I didn't like when he blamed George Bush for the war and openly stated it was a stupid thing to say. People have blamed video games for violence since the days of D&D on Nintendo in the 80's. I had an Atari in the early 80's, played NES and Super NES and today I play PS4 online. Saying these games cause violence is heard all the time and didn't bother me then and doesn't bother me now, and it wouldn't cause me not to vote for someone. I believe I made that quite clear. Cell phones haven't given me cancer yet either.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
This is going to be interesting. The young republicans that have energized the Republican Party and videogamers are two groups that overlap.

Who do they choose. Meme's, Discord, gamer culture, or the 73 year old man telling them no and attacking what they love.

I don't think older folks understand how influential gamer culture is online, or how it overlaps majorly with their base.

We shall see.

Oh they all know. That's why farmers and other businesses hire illegals instead of 15 year old boys. The boys are spoiled to A/C and video games. I bet the sale of bicycles have plummeted since the 21st century, too.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Yeah except Trump hasn't avoided the issue. He's attacking it directly by saying it may be the video games, along with admitting there's an issue. These kids will binge play for 24+ hours and it gets in their head.

But the first step is to see if these killers even played video games though.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Almost everyone does anymore.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Ah but the youngsters you describe continuously hear how much they lack. They live in a different world not ours. Different technology and much different social demands. Are they tough like us, well.... not LIKE us. They are tough in a different way. Let them evolve and build a society for them. I have a dairy farmer down the road that hires illegals. Not because he can't get local citizens to work for him but because he can pay them pennies and work them to death. Illegals have no idea what rights and liberty are. But, they do know what hunger is so they will work themselves to death to avoid it. Kinda like my parents, love em alot but they came from a different time. Man that depression really f**ked up them up.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
In the presidents speech today he bashed violent videogames saying he wants them gone basically...

Millions if not billions have played such games and have not turned into crazy mass killers.

Why do old people always go for the games. They are just games for the majority of us.

Did the killer eat a peanut butter sandwich? Lets get rid of them!

Just because he never played them and doesn't understand the joy you can get saving the world doesn't mean it's bad because he doesn't "get it"

Am I the only one who thinks Trump should not have of taken the advice of what ever dumbass suggested this to him because I am sure he will lose many votes.

- Thanks.

Yeah, thats bs but does he ever say something wise or logic? If i had the choice i would never ever vote for such an guy. He divides, his language is harsh, he seems easy to manipulate, he cant listen, he only cares about himself. Thats not what your country needs.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In the mid 80's, there was an epidemic of kids stomping on turtles, and overdosing on mushrooms. There were children that had too be rescued from sewer pipes!

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I once bought the Nintendo but I could never find where to put the quarter so I returned it

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Do you happen to have a quote or possibly a video of President Trump saying this? Not that I won't take your word for it but...

I think your throwing out the baby with the bathwater, or perhaps you would have never voted for Trump in the first place regardless.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Countless threads about Omar or AOC saying stupid things and how they should not be in congress.

One thread about something Trump said that was so blatently misinformed. Yet, Trump supporters feel some desire to defend him no matter what.

Even to the point that you start calling OPs mental strength weak because he does not want to vote for a president who blames shootings on something as silly as video games...

Trump Worship Syndrome is real...

Because some people might agree with what he says. Who would honestly be dumb enough to think we'll be dead in 15 years if we don't spend the next 100 years rebuilding our cities into green energy efficient buildings and driving cars that run on solar power at the expense of trillions in tax payer dollars? SRSLY BRO, come on.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I wouldn't have cared.

Strike one.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Dude, I'm a gamer and I couldn't care less. Anybody with a brain understands nothing will happen. There aren't many old people out there who like video games.... Or 16 year old drivers. This is all much ado about nothing, just a thread for the haters to come hate because they have to search for something to hate Trump over.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join