It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Congressional Record–Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963
Current Communist Goals
EXTENSION OF REMARKS OF HON. A. S. HERLONG, JR. OF FLORIDA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
Thursday, January 10, 1963
13. Do away with all loyalty oaths.
15. Capture one or both of the political parties in the United States.
16. Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming their activities violate civil rights.
17. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers’ associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
19. Use student riots to foment public protests against programs or organizations which are under Communist attack.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book-review assignments, editorial writing, policymaking positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, TV, and motion pictures.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as “normal, natural, healthy.”
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with “social” religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity which does not need a “religious crutch.”
28. Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the ground that it violates the principle of “separation of church and state.”
29. Discredit the American Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned, out of step with modern needs, a hindrance to cooperation between nations on a worldwide basis.
30. Discredit the American Founding Fathers. Present them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the “common man.”
31. Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of the “big picture.” Give more emphasis to Russian history since the Communists took over.
32. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture–education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc.
38. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioral problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand [or treat].
I doubt Russia todays has anything to do with Communism.
originally posted by: JIMC5499
There it is. The platform of today's Democratic Party.
Antonio Gramsci was the first Communist leader to see through the illusion. While firmly committed to global Communism, he knew that that violence would fail to win the West. American workers (proletariat) would never declare war on their middle class neighbors as long as they shared common Christian values. So the Italian communist -- a contemporary of Lenin -- wrote an alternative plan for a silent revolution. The main weapons would be deception, manipulation and infiltration. Hiding their Marxist ideology, the new Communist warriors would seek positions of influence in seminaries, government, communities, and the media.
Herlong read into the Congressional Record a list of 45 goals of communism from the book The Naked Communist by W. Cleon Skousen.
 Herlong was elected as a Democrat to the Eighty-first and to the nine succeeding Congresses (January 3, 1949 – January 3, 1969).
Herlong was a signatory to the 1956 Southern Manifesto that opposed the desegregation of public schools ordered by the Supreme Court in Brown v. Board of Education
The Naked Communist is a 1958 book by American political theorist W. Cleon Skousen, a former FBI employee.
The book has been highly praised by American conservatives Glenn Beck and Ben Carson, the latter of whom stated, "The Naked Communist lays out the whole progressive plan. It is unbelievable how fast it has been achieved."
In contrast, liberal commentator Max Blumenthal heavily criticized the book in his 2009 book Republican Gomorrah, where he dismissed it as a "right-peddling conspiracy tract."
originally posted by: Dr UAE
a reply to: 727Sky
well ill be damned, isn't this the liberals platform these days?
Just as the Russian Social Democratic Labour Party back then was divided between the moderate Mensheviks and the more radical Bolsheviks, so too the modern American Democratic Party is divided between the moderate socialists like Joe Biden, Amy Klobuchar and Steve Bullock and the radical socialists like Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders.
Communist agitator Michael Moore, who is in large measure the theorist of the American left, told Brian Williams on MSNBC following the second debate, “Only revolution at this point is going to defeat Donald J. Trump. Only people rising up, and doing the work that needs to be done, is going to remove him from office. Our side needs to treat Trump seriously. He’s not a joke anymore. He’s the real deal and he humiliated all of us by losing the election and then being given the keys to the Oval Office.”
What is ironic about how the Democrats want to depose Trump is that, whereas Nicholas II oversaw the collapse of the Russian economy in World War I, Donald Trump has led the United States back to prosperity. Whereas the czar oppressed the lower classes in Russia, this president has helped African Americans and other minorities achieve greater economic independence.