It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAUSE of mass shootings

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
After a quick wiki lookup to get a general idea of the number of mass shootings by decade:

2011 to present - 90
2010's - 23
2000's - 36
1990's - 29
1980's - 21
1970's - 14
1960's - 6
1950's - 1
1940's - 3
1930's - 2
1920's - 3

This shows that the years after 2010 has seen a significant increase in mass shootings. My guess is worsening economic conditions from 2011 to present.

Since there have been 90 from 2011 to present let's see an average: (not based on real numbers just addition to 90 over 8 years)

2018 - 10
2017 - 10
2016 - 10
2015 - 10
2014 - 15
2013 - 10
2012 - 10
2011 - 15

So there have 20 every ten years in the period from 1980 - 2000, or two per year. The rate is five times higher but we're still talking barely double digits. In addition the population has grown so that has to factor in.

To me, it's not a statistically significant increase. And the total numbers of people killed (compared to DUIs or backyard swimming pool deaths is small). This doesn't mean it's right it just means that people die, people die tragically, some of those dying tragically could have been prevented, some could not be foreseen.

Nobody is going on a crusade against backyard swimming pools or DUI drivers who re-offend and kill more than one person. Nobody is going on a crusade against people who INTENTIONALLY run over pedestrians and bicyclists.

It's all an attempt to demonize a primarily defensive or hunting tool, because people are afraid of it, or people have hidden agendas. If you study the 1600s in England, the peasants should have risen up but lacked the method to do so. If they had firearms they would have over-thrown the despotic English Kings. Now that we the citizenry have the means to defend ourselves (on paper at least) there is some reluctance of the government to become overly despotic at least on local levels (on paper).

Bullies don't like you to be able to defend yourself. The government is made up of bullies who want to get their way and will lie and cheat to do so. They want you to be afraid. They want the population to be reduced. They want to be elite. But, hopefully in this country they will not be able to keep my grandmother from defending herself against a skinhead sheriff, or a mugger, or a burglar, and they won't disarm her so she's afraid to drive to town at night to pick up medicine.

If they do try that then they're even more reprehensible than believed. They ALL have bodyguards and are armed. Their kids go to private schools with armed guards. So they should shut up and fix real problems, not use tragedies to promote their financial well-being and chance to be re-elected.

FWIW
edit on 5-8-2019 by Maverick7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

Humans. The cause is humans. It is that simple.

Don't blame video games

Don't blame lack of church.

Its humans.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
How about anger? A festering and brooding anger that eventually explodes into lethal action? What is it that feeds that anger, that supplies it with the energy to commit a social atrocity? There is only one thing that drives mass shooters, and that is an anger riding a wave of a warped and twisted mindset culled from a distorted perspective.

Mass shooters lack a feedback to how they are perceiving society, there are no corrective responses to their deep inner assumptions, which just brood and boil to the surface. If they are taking prescribed drugs, they may act as a catalyst in lowering social inhibition and social empathy to actually go out and shoot someone or some group of people, but drugs do not provide the mindset, that is already there, built up over time, becoming ever more warped.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

I think that is part of it...also if you do this instant fame on the internet.....also people on the internet the ones who are mentally ill and extremists etc...they hang together with like minded people so they think what they think is ok/normal....I think someone is more likely to go off because of this

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Humans. The cause is humans. It is that simple.

Don't blame video games

Don't blame lack of church.

Its humans.

Okay, there we have it!

Let's get RID of humans and...problem solved!!

I like it!

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

SSRI drugs buddy. Everyone of the mass shooter's have been on them. They do cause homicidal and suicidal ideation.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SkipperJohn

No. Don't blame the drugs. Guess what, a lot of the terrorists from other nations, have been on them. Its a diversion to balme those.

So tell me, what source do you have that hte last weekends white power thralls were on SSRIs?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

At least get rid of the ones, who think that taking a military style gun to a large group of people is the answer.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Thanks for explaining that to me.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I think you have hit upon it.
If you dig deep enough, I believe you will find that most of these shooters could be classified as INCELS.
There will be several underlying reasons that the have become incels, some self-imposed and some society-imposed. It all boils down to mental health in the end. No sane person would perpetrate these heinous acts.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Something is strange what are the odd's of 3 different mass shootings in one week end ?

Pretty damn slim without any external persuasion .
edit on 8/6/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Secretrooster
There isn’t just one cause. It’s a complex equation with numerous factors. To list a few....smart phones, social media, movies & tv, video games. Also as a society we’ve moved away from religion. Not saying I agree with religion, but i think it has had an effect on moral values.

Loads of countries have smart phones ( I'm using one now) social media, movies, we even watch the same ones seeing as Hollywood is everywhere, TV shows and video games. Also countries like the UK and alot of Europe are athiest or non religious and no one has mas shootings like the us.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Simple.....more people, more problems. It's just a numbers game. If x% of people are crazy and willing to shoot up a bunch of people then the more people there is the more chance of there being crazy people that shoot people.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I thought about this this weekend and I think the popular Serial Killer of the 70's-90's has been replaced by the Mass Murderer post-Columbine.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE Columbine and the McDonald's shooting were shootings that were not deep state and were the acts of crazies. But they've happened a fairly long time ago . Then you have others... Oklahoma City, Las Vegas, DC Scalise shooting, El Paso, Parkland, Sandyhook, The Garlic Festival, the Colorado theater shooting, the Miami nightclub, 9 11, the Boston Bombing and others that WERE deep state sanctioned or were allowed to happen when the feds did nothing even when they had red flags warning them. So maybe we're not as sick society wise as we're being told we are, but maybe we're far more sick on a governmental level than we realize.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I can tell you one thing that has changed: The 'divide and conquer' mentality that politicians use to gain and remain in power. There was not the intense hatred between the so called 'left' and the so called 'right' back in the 70's and 80's. Politician's have done done an excellent job of playing on people's fears and conjuring up this hatred. Now before someone chimes in with '... but Hillary ...' I will first and fore most acknowledge that the so called 'left' is just as guilty as the so called 'right' (I use the term 'so called' as if you examine the political spectrum these groups are actually left of center and right of center'. People get so wrapped up in trying to expose some sort of 'conspiracy thingy' on the side that is not their side and create a ton of drama without even realizing they have been taken to the cleaners.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

......and you can kiss my alumnus donations goodbye if you're going this route.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Individual basis.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
TRUST is the issue.

There is no trust in the US anymore and I believe this is the root cause. You can try to determine why trust is broken, there are far too many examples to really say what specifically caused it to go bye bye, but it is gone. I think it was a slow long term process over a period of time and no one group, person, party is responsible. It is an issue in the US.

We are having an internal trust conflict / war in our country. I believe it started in the early beginings of the information age, which is one reason censorship is prominent currently and on the verge of changes we are seeing happening. Is it simply the pangs of growth of the inforamtion age we are seeing ?

Unfortanatley the mass shooters, who we will term as "mentally unstable", are acting out in a type of physical one man trust war. While you, what we will term as a "normal person", are acting it out in your mind and in verbal discussions and debates every day with your colleagues and family / friends and fellow ats'ers and all of this gets released publicly on social forums and platforms.

Our leaders have zero trust. We have divides and massive internal conflict and battles occurring non-stop daily about almost everything. The country does not stand behind their leaders, instead they battle, belittle, backstab and conflict non-stop. Is it a sign that the "leadership" roles in our societal norm are going to change drastically to be more in line with our new age ?

& Trust is going to get worse because of the whole fake information age debacle going on too. No on knows what is true or false anymore. No one knows who to trust and it is getting more and more difficult to decipher what is trust worthy too.

leolady

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join