It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90's was the best year for humanity.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
90's was the best year for humanity.

-Less internet requirement to look for jobs. Meaning companies were actually looking for people instead of posting online being lazy letting someone else to do the recruiting.
-Best music coming out just like the 80's. Music made sense.
-Game boys and console gaming people socializing without internet and actually going out.
-Lots of people going legit on business practices esp with the world since the Mafia was dying.
-USSR was dead and great change happened. Russia was changing til George W Bush.
-UN was actually sane and not owned by fking Saudis.
-Canada was still fking neutral.
-Parents still cared for children and knew how to pass on their knowledge.
-Best movies and less monopoly on movie making.

Today, everything is Americas fault.
-Under NATO hijacking world armies under false alliance for false wars.
-Time travelling fking the system up, prevention of peaceful process.
-CIA constantly playing enemy of my enemy games, now everyone is pissed.
-US breaking every peaceful deals and hidden technology from the world.
-US gov hijacked/MK Ultra still going on.
-UK still playing that #ty divide and conquer agenda. Divide and fail brother.
-Parents constantly relying on educational system.
-US military hijacked and sees everyone as an enemy(why you think so many generals got fired/retired?) You guys fell for the trap of race/nationality baiting already.
-Music is crap and many makes no sense.
-Lots of Canadian companies died through infiltration takeover. GJ welcome to 1984 North America soon.
-Internet is required for everything including learning through education or getting jobs.
-Movie turn to propaganda and a lot of monopoly going on. Nothing remotely original(ehm disney).
-New mafia is back, they hate everything that is free. Everyone has to pay for it even the civilians as sacrifices.

edit on 4-8-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

90s was the beginning of the progressive movement and the feel good self-esteem movement in school and sports where they decided no one should get a reward for being better.

Overall I agree though.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

-Less internet requirement to look for jobs. Meaning companies were actually looking for people instead of posting online being lazy letting someone else to do the recruiting.

Yep, welcome to the machine.

I'm probably biased since I grew up in the early 90's, but I was basically ranting the other night about how the 80's and 90's were the America that Trump wants to make great again. Of course this is highly debatable and open to interpretation.

I loath applying for work anymore. You always have to apply online, get some algorithm to search for keyboards in your entries and cover letter etc, then maybe you'll get a call from some fuddy-duddy in HR.

I never had a hard time getting a job just by making a good impression face-to-face.

edit on 4-8-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
-Parents still cared for children and knew how to pass on their knowledge.

I think somebody forgot who raised those kids into the adults he complains about today....

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

90s was the beginning of the progressive movement and the feel good self-esteem movement in school and sports where they decided no one should get a reward for being better.

Overall I agree though.

Yep the reward of everyone get a ribbon or sticker for just showing up and doing nothing.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Although,OP?I agree the music was much better, movies were superior stories (so was TV) and people actually interacted with each other face to face back then. Well, until beepers came out, then everyone was running to the nearest phone & ignoring everyone around them. Precursor to the texters of today right there.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I feel the same.

9/11/2001 was the day everything changed.

The world wasn't perfect by any means through the nineties but there was realistic progression taking place.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Exactly one of the things I was getting to.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Yup, it was so great we got a single year and left the remainder for the plant kingdom and — possibly — a couple do-over years for those who reminisce about past/lost decades.

FFS, how do you posit all that in your OP and can’t be bothered to distinguish between a year and decade?

Yeah, humanity has seen some better years...hell, I’ll go so far as to say better decades, when people can’t be burdened with taking care of their ATS offspring. Ahh, the year 2018: the decade when ATSers could be bothered with taking care of their threads. What’s next? Being bothered with taking care of our children??

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I feel the same.

The world wasn't perfect by any means through the nineties but there was realistic progression taking place.

Close. But it was actually May 19th, 1999.

That's when The Phantom Menace was released. 9/11 was just the result of this dark magic unleashed on the world.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I feel the same.

Close. But it was actually May 19th, 1999.

That's when The Phantom Menace was released and the world became dark thereafter.

I remember that dark day. My sister-in-law was sick, so my brother dragged me along to the theater to see it with him instead of her.

All the overly buttered and overly salted theater popcorn on the planet couldn't make the night less painful.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Has it really been that long? That was such an annoying movie. Jar Jar made me want to jab sharp objects into my ears.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Has it really been that long? That was such an annoying movie. Jar Jar made me want to jab sharp objects into my ears.

Lol, you, too, eh? The movie could have been great even with Jar-Jar in it. All they had to do was make it a non-speaking role. Alas, he opened his trap, and wrecked the whole movie.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I will call your Phantom Menace and raise you The Matrix, Fight Club and Eyes Wide Shut.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Don't forget 6th sense.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Jar Jar aside I quite enjoyed it though I haven’t seen it since so my memory may be compromised. I watched Solo Saturday night and thoroughly enjoyed it too.

OP you were making good sense until the time travelling fkin everything up. What?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I am being 100% serious. There is something...evil about that movie that was impetus for humanities final descent into madness.

What other movie still brings rage to its viewers 20 years later?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I will call your Phantom Menace and raise you The Matrix, Fight Club and Eyes Wide Shut.

I see your Matrix, Fight Club and Eyes Wide Shut, and raise you Spice World and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation.

I refuse to confirm or deny seeing either one.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

No rage to me. I had some serious repression going on until you brought it up. No joke I had to google the name and then the memories came flooding back.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Starting to read like a bunch of old fa**s on here. And I was beginning to think I was the only old one on here.

Will raise you.........the sixties were so much more exciting than any glam 80s-90s bands. Ug. The thought.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join