It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Robot Apocalypse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Yeah, I think this is it. It's all starting to make sense now. The end of times. Humans mergin' with machines, fighting for the pursuit of their material immortality. When in fact, eternal they already are. Oh, the irony. And even though some people might disagree, this is not truly the main idea of this post.
It still has to do with technology, just not with robots. Not yet at least.

And even though we all know real robots are coming very soon, in the next decades or so, I'm not quite sure people truly understand the real meaning behind all of this. You know, what's truly coming our way.

Well, at least I didn't use this catchy title's subject to bring you here for nothing. No, because although I strongly lay towards a robotic revolution that will lead to an extinction event, I'm still not quite sure about the true face of the last days.
In fact, as of now I only rely on what my eyes and my heart can see.

So about that...

---------------------

---------------------

Impressive.

Something is even more impressive though.
The fact that most people simply don't seem to grasp the absolute terrifying news that comes with such a spectacle. For all of us, all of our childrens and all of our grand childrens - everyone included - this is not a good sight at all.

But whatever. I guess the true meaning and consequences of following such technology achievements doesn't interest our zombified generation one bit.
Loss of Privacy & Freedom, Absolute Surveillance State (facial recognition, RFID chips, etc), Robotics, DNA manipulation, AI and now... f-cking Iron man suits shortly avalaible to every good old Military superpowers.

Yeah, nice. Let's all embrace it.
The fact the past and future is reapeating all over again, that is.

------
------

------
------

Good luck everyone

edit on 4-8-2019 by St0rD because: pic's date

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Sorry mate I’m not sure I understand, you saw a hoverboard and you jump to the robot apocalypse ala terminator?

I agree that those things you mentioned are insidious and a threat to our freedom but were do the terminators come into it?
edit on 4/8/2019 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Serious question: what if you gotta go #2 while in your flying Ironman suit? Do they have robots for that yet? If not, I’ll wait until the #2 version hits the shelves.

💩

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The point is-
0pen your eyes and you will see the truth is already in front of us.

Terminator, Iron Man, I Robot, all of these crazy movies. They are all coming true just as we speak.
The saying life is stranger than fiction exists for a reason. Science fiction is already f-cked up as hell. So what does this mean for us?

Think again.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

The human genome project failed. Molecular biology has failed. Why life has consciousness is still a complete mystery. In spite of all this the philosophical materialists, like everyone with a sacred dogma, are not deterred from thinking man is nothing but a machine.

Life is very different from a machine. There are many examples where when you cut life apart it grows back to its original form. Once you cut a machine in half it's pretty much done. We are not machines.

The problem with the philosophical materialists is they live in a Newtonian clockwork Universe with hard determinism. The rest of us live in a Universe governed by something else as shown by many experiments in the field quantum mechanics. You just can't concentrate on the particle nature of reality and completely ignore the wave-like nature of reality.

Marvin Minsky predicted STRONG artificial intelligence 50 years ago. As a computer scientist my whole life I've heard this AI spiel. Marvin Minsky in 1960 or 1970 predicted in 10 years computers would be smart enough to write stories as good as Shakespeare. Well, it hasn't happened. I studied AI in college but I lost interest in after studied the work of Professor John Searle:

Weak AI is great. Don't get me wrong. It's great stuff. But always remember computer programs are only ever as smart as their programmers. And AI programs only ever do exactly what they've been programmed to do. NOTHING MORE as demonstrated here:

Rock on UBER!

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Funng what peeps see. I saw hoverboard and thought of Back to the Future. To each his own i guess. Im sure horse people spazzed when they saw a car.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
By writing down your fears, you make them more real! For the good and the worse.

Good part is you can now think about what aspect of the future you describe is frightening you and why? In that way you might be able to spot some problem/reaction/solution plots using this particular fear!

Bad part is if we tell a story and believe in it, others might as well, and one mans hell is another's heaven... The more believe one story to be true the more likely it will play out.

If you end your thoughts with a synthesis, they'll be much more beneficial...

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

Funng what peeps see. I saw hoverboard and thought of Back to the Future. To each his own i guess. Im sure horse people spazzed when they saw a car.

Yes they did.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
AI is not AI
For something to have intelligence , it must have deductive as well as inductive logic
Algorithms cannot fulfill that second required part.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Why not?
If you give your AI sensors, to have data and program him to make a an algorithm that fits the data, wouldn't that be inductive?

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Countries, banks, corporations and utilities are hacked... why not AI ? Viruses, malware etc.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What about positive implications, curing the crippled, allowing the blind to see, fixing broken minds, healing sick youth?
Is it all gods will and human kind taking charge of its own destiny is heresy? If we grow and evolve into something else entirely so be it. The soul is the soul augmenting ones body with tech does not destroy the soul. If you believe it does then does an amputee have an altered soul?

It’s all part of our inevitable evolution. We have been chasing it from the day we first made fire. We alter the world around us to suit our needs.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens
Serious question: what if you gotta go #2 while in your flying Ironman suit? Do they have robots for that yet? If not, I’ll wait until the #2 version hits the shelves.

💩

I personally, do NOT want a roomba in my pants.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Well that explains the Greys... they are indeed humans from the distant future, who have realised that our robotic overlords were nefarious in nature, and rebelled. They've come back to try and save us, but after aeons of mutations from wearing those confounded metallic exoskeletons, they now have wobbly heads, pasty sun deprived skin, and still try to communicate using telepathy.

Anal probes are simply because that's where they think our brains are... those poor cows though, took the aliens forever to realise they weren't actually humans.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Countries, banks, corporations and utilities are hacked... why not AI ? Viruses, malware etc.

Humans are easily hacked by viruses also. And bugs. and meat cleavers.

we are more alike than we like to admit, sadly

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
What about positive implications, curing the crippled, allowing the blind to see, fixing broken minds, healing sick youth?
Is it all gods will and human kind taking charge of its own destiny is heresy? If we grow and evolve into something else entirely so be it. The soul is the soul augmenting ones body with tech does not destroy the soul. If you believe it does then does an amputee have an altered soul?

It’s all part of our inevitable evolution. We have been chasing it from the day we first made fire. We alter the world around us to suit our needs.

As I've said for years, we are already cyborgs..

Though once in a course I was doing, saying so resulted in this teenage girl lifting her head up from her iPhone to say "No we're not."... and then she then went back to engaging her secondary brain.

Where is this shop? use online maps.
How do I cook this? google the recipe.
What time is it? ask siri.
What are my best friends up to? facebook wall.

What they don't understand is that we can savagely hunt them, and make seiko windup watches, and a rather nice cyborg steak, with a side of tomato chickpea salad.

Suckers...
edit on 4-8-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

The human genome project failed. Molecular biology has failed...

The human genome project successfully mapped the three billion plus nucleotides contained in a human haploid reference two years ahead of its original schedule. Molecular biology continues to build on and exploit this knowledge, and is informing a host of new technologies shaping our future and treating our diseases with ever greater effect and precision.

Certainly it may not all be for the better, but that's very different from saying it has failed.

I share your view that AI is not going to produce conscious agents (although I suspect it may aid our understanding of consciousness, if only by demonstrating the difference between intelligence and consciousness).

But I see no reason in principle why an entirely unconscious general AI can't be created, although I've yet to read anything that convinced me we're anywhere near it.
edit on 4-8-2019 by EvilAxis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

originally posted by: Plotus

Humans are easily hacked by viruses also. And bugs. and meat cleavers.

we are more alike than we like to admit, sadly

No we're not.

The amount of CPU power it would require "AI" to think on it's own is impossible at this time. It will not be achieved until we develope organic CPUs. We might be able to pull it off if we used oxidized brain matter, but even that is not currently possible.

It'll be at least another 50 years before the civilian population can achieve the basic tech level to even start such a thing.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Some people are absorbed some people are not. Some can use it to an advantage some people are crippled by our innovation. Cyber Darwinism.
a reply to: gallop

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

methinx you give most human brains far too much credit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join