It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are being erased.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Seriously

Try to remember something, anything. Something from your past.

Try to remember something specfic.....a name of a song. You remember the song? Remember a friend what is the name? Remember the song? Remember the place.. .

They are erasing our memories.

It is not because you are old it's because they need to free up space.

They erase memories.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

Just the other night I remembered a story about giving my older brother his first flight in a hang glider (40+ years ago). It's a cool story but involves profanity.

I told it to my niece while we were visiting. Her father (my brother) had told her the same story before he died.

We remembered it the same.

edit on 8/3/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Alzheimer's is a terrible thing

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Alzheimer's is a terrible thing

Yeah, before my old man passed from this world he got it bad, at one point he couldn't remember what happened yesterday or even ten minutes earlier yet he recounts in incredible detail his days during the war and other 50 + year old memories.
edit on 3-8-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Just the other night I remembered a story about giving my older brother his first flight in a hang glider (40+ years ago). It's a cool story but involves profanity.

I told it to my niece while we were visiting. Her father (my brother) had told her the same story before he died.

Thanks a lot, Phage. Now that you recalled that specific memory I can't remember my first beer bong

Stop hogging all the CPU

edit on 3-8-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
OP, have you tried not taking drugs?
edit on 3-8-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   

...was... ...going... ...to... ...agree... ...but... ...ideas... ...erased...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Preposterous... In the Beginning...

No amount of imaginary scenarios will confound the truth. We are Not simulations.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Try moving away from temp folder and everything should be fine
edit on 2019 8 3 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: Typo

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
There still must be some memory somewhere to still be able to function. Forgetting things is frustrating at times. Sometimes it can be a good thing too to get rid of a lot of bad ideas and nasty events. Reinforcing your base against fake news is a good start if you feel a bit lost. Be patient and take your time until you get your bearings again.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Call it selective amnesia disorder and move on
I do

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I remember my first bong hit.
We called it a thai pipe. But it was a bong. Made of bamboo.

edit on 8/3/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You're a witch. A WITCH....

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
There still must be some memory somewhere to still be able to function. Forgetting things is frustrating at times. Sometimes it can be a good thing too to get rid of a lot of bad ideas and nasty events. Reinforcing your base against fake news is a good start if you feel a bit lost. Be patient and take your time until you get your bearings again.

I'm forgetting things at a rate of knots..

and I'm thankful.. I'd rather not remember some things than remember them forever.

also, I blame alcohol in extreme amounts.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I still remember the time I told the Pharaoh that if he really, really, really wanted to built the biggest mastaba ever, then if he gave it a pointed roof the rain would run off it better .....

Sometime wish I'd never done that!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I remember everything. I remember playing in the street out in front of the trailer. When the hulking muscle car came through and we didn't get out of the way as quickly as the driver wanted, he screamed at us. I remember flipping him off and my friend, Tom, was amazed. I also remember the driver getting out and punching me in the nose. I was 5.

I remember the first time I played the "you show me yours and I'll show you mine" game at a sleepover. I wonder where I learned that from? I was 6.

I remember hitting cigarettes' butts with Tony Pro by the pool at 6 in the morning. We were out riding bikes and the adults in our lives were MIA, abductees. The day was ours and we were 10.

Sometimes I wish "they" (the horde of Ecumenical Yodelers) would erase it. Take the good if you have to as long as you take all the bad. They never do. It's not their way. It's mine.

Forty thousand years ago I raised my first dog. A half a million years ago we lived in a canopy of leafy stars and sang everything we dreamed. I remember when this was nothing but stars. I remember that someday, it will be again.

Hail Sol, guiding light, friend of the maker, mouth of the night. I remember your face, now wreathed in flame. We set it alight when we gave you a name.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Never had problems with memory, but I will say, since having children, so many vivid memories of my own childhood have come back into focus. Its amazing the detail that comes when memories are stimulated.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well that right there can make one forget lots of things....

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

It’s really because in today’s world we fill our heads with more information about day to day updates and trivia than in any other time in our past.
We have taken over so many drives in our brain to fill it with this useless day to day chatter that we cannot focus on anything for more than a tweets worth.
Forget remembering all the things that normal people used to remember. You’d be lucky to remember what day it is today.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Where are my car keys!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join