It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly 1 in 3 Young Black People Say the Democratic Party Doesn’t Care About Them

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: pavil

1 in 3?

So less than 33% don't or more than 66% do.

Nice spin.

Only 3200 people were polled too by the way. A very small number, wouldn't you say?

LOL, talk about spin. nice example.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
That means that two out of three do think the dems care.

End of thread.

Thank you for coming.
Coffee and doughnuts are being served in the break room.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No it doesn't. That's why I hate polls. Say you ask 100 people a question. 33 of them give the same answer. One third 33% gave that answer. It doesn't mean that the other 67 all gave the same answer. They could have given 67 different answers.
Now if the poll only GAVE the choice of TWO answers you might be right, but, that would make the poll useless.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Then why do middle class jobs dry up wherever Democrats take control?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I hate to break it to my brothers but they're right, the Democratic Party doesn't care for them, but neither does the Republican Party, just like both of them don't care for everyone else too.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
How many times do I have to say this? Politics is about perception and the perception is that the GOP is owned and influenced by the neocon, white people, mega corporations and the impression is that the democrats care about the American working man. It's been that way for many years and not going to change. trumps hatred of minorities also isn't going to change but in todays climate of hate, it might just get him reelected.

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.vox.com...

Below is a perfect illistration of how much trump cares about the American working man.

www.marketwatch.com...
edit on 3-8-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Upgrade.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Interesting. The polls in 2016 were so spot on. They showed Trump losing by huge margins in the vast majority of the country.

Polls are only as good as the people who respond to them.

I know most of my friends refuse to answer calls from numbers they don't know. That means they don't answer polls.

ATT has a service that posts on my TV screen who is calling, including categorizing them as "political call", "possible scam", "unknown". We never answer those calls. We never answer calls from unknown numbers or if we don't know the name. That means I and people like me don't answer polls.

Who is answering polls? People who will take calls and talk to absolutely anyone, even if they don't know the person or who is calling. Question: Are these really the brightest bulbs in society? These ARE the people responding to polls.

Who does the Democratic Party cater to and say they are the protectors of? Those at the bottom end of society, people Dems say need to be protected (as in protected classes) people who are not bright enough not to talk to unknown callers or scammers.

I even have a message on my answering machine that gets people to hang up immediately that I don't want to talk to. It says in a pleasant cheerful voice "If you are a family member, friend, business I love, or I asked you to call, please leave a message after the beep. If you are a political caller, a solicitor, or scammer, please put me on your do not call list." They normally hang up before I get to the do not call list part, because then they are obligated by law to put me on that list.

Those who actually care enough to vote, are normally too smart to pick up a call from anyone they don't know, or any organization at all, let alone stay on the line long enough to answer a poll question.

We saw in 2016 polls can't be trusted. Polls could be trusted when everyone answered every call they got. Once we could identify who called, they became less reliable. Now polls are just junk because they can't get anyone but those who are willing to answer any and all calls and talk to strangers are the only ones who respond.

The polls these days are basically worthless. Regardless of if Trump follows them or not.

edit on 8/3/19 by The2Billies because: addition

edit on 8/3/19 by The2Billies because: addition

edit on 8/3/19 by The2Billies because: removed

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

1 in 3?

So less than 33% don't or more than 66% do.

Nice spin.

Only 3200 people were polled too by the way. A very small number, wouldn't you say?

Nice try.

Exactly what is the average Black vote percentage for voting Democrat? Let's take a low number and use Clinton.

Clinton earning 88% of their vote (to Trump's 8%) as compared to Obama's 93% in 2012

Link

Hint..... It's not 66%.

If 33% of overall Black voters don't vote Democrat, it's a HUGE deal.

Ignore your "sure base" at your own peril.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

1 in 3 young black people would be correct.

The next stage in the political awareness is most politicians don't care about any citizens regardless of the race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Neither party cares for them!!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

What do you mean nice try?

We’re not talking about votes, we’re talking about how the Democratic Party doesn’t care about black voters.

I was wrong too, it’s not 3200 that we’re polled, it was 794 African Americans....70% said they believed the democrats do care....

I personally wouldn’t read much into it, but it seems you guys do, so, like I said, it’s pretty lazy spin on your behalf.

edit on 3/8/19 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

1 in 3 young black people would be correct.

The next stage in the political awareness is most politicians don't care about any citizens regardless of the race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.

Actually they do care about one group in particular,and that group would be their donor's, the rich people with enough money to buy their influence.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Sure, people will vote for a party that doesn't care for them? A voter Bloc that is usually a solid around 90% Democrat voting. The modern Democrat Party cares more for illegal immigrants than they do thetaken for granted Black voter.

Personally, I'm glad you don't see it as a problem for the Democrats.

Sorta like how the Democrats thought White Blue collar voters were still solidly voting Democrat last Presidential election.

How do you explain Trump's Hispanic support numbers?

This is from a site that is not pro Trump at all, trying to downplay a poll:

And if you use the following tool and enter 58,600,000 (the estimated number of Latinos living in the U.S. in 2017) along with the 190 sample size from the Harvard/Harris poll, you would get an 7.1% margin or error, meaning that Trump’s approval rating with Latinos in the country could be at 40% (more likely) or at 54% (yeah, right).

Link
Even 40% Latino support for Trump is Huge.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Agreed.

They are indeed a protected class.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join