It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, STOP IGNORING the Lord's Day

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

Where is the commandment in the New Testament to keep the Lord's Day?

Also- which day is it? The Sabbath, which I think you are conflating with "the Lord's Day," was/is Saturday. So, should we be keeping Saturday holy? No? Sunday, you say? When did Sunday become the first day of the week, by the way? Which year?

Thanks in advance for providing the New Testament books, chapter, and verses that tell us to "keep the Lord's Day holy," and also the book, chapter, and verse that tells us which day is the Lord's Day.

All the law got blown out ...Paul said Jesus is the end of the law......where this starts is the mysteries, 6 of em shown to Paul gave him a new Gospel.....where exactly.....Rom 16:25

Why did Jesus die for breaking a law He planned on removing in the first place?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

1) the Sabbath was for Israel not Gentiles or Jews who are Christians today. That would be SDA.

2) Some see one day as holy others everyday as holy. Each man needs to fully persuaded in their own hearts for that matter between them and the Lord.

3) The Lord's Day is not a reference to the Sabbath day but to a future day of his Wrath.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel

originally posted by: Raggedyman

That’s just a blatant lie, some Jews don’t even turn on a light switch because it’s classified as work, who are you to make up laws, God himself

Paul the Apostle suggested people like you should cut off their wedding tackle
You are like a Pharisee, condemns others to make yourself look good

Jesus was condemned for making a mud poultice to heal a blind man, mixing spit and dust was an offence but you say you know what the laws are and you decide them
That is not Christian, not at all, be warned

Turning on a light switch is not work. And then you call me a Pharisee? Do you not realize it is literally just like a Pharisee to assume that turning on a light switch on the Sabbath is sin? This is exactly what Jesus tried to rid the Sabbath of, these false, rigorous restraints that have nothing to do with keeping the Sabbath holy.

So STA if the law worked and was great why send Jesus, why not keep the law

There is just no logic to your nonsense

Just stop replying and think for yourself

Your response doesn't make sense. If the law wasn't great, then why did Jesus have to DIE for them breaking the law in the first place? If the law was so unnecessary, wouldn't God just have removed the law? Why send Your Son to die for a law you're just going to remove anyways? How ridiculous does that sound?

Revelation 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

I didn’t say the law was over I said there is a new covenant for those in Christ
I am a Christian so I am in the Christian covenant

That’s basic christianity

The law didn’t work, mean, nasty religious people made the laws even worse and started to manipulate the law to hurt each other
Brow beat others and bully people because they didn’t keep the sabath and silly things like that
The sabath was made for man not man for the sabath
God gave us a gift and people like you made it a arduously horrible day by forcing even more silly rules

Please believe what you like, you keep your sabath, I have Jesus i don’t need your silly sabath to make me holier than you or your church friends

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Also- which day is it? The Sabbath, which I think you are conflating with "the Lord's Day," was/is Saturday. So, should we be keeping Saturday holy? No? Sunday, you say? When did Sunday become the first day of the week, by the way? Which year?

Thanks in advance for providing the New Testament books, chapter, and verses that tell us to "keep the Lord's Day holy," and also the book, chapter, and verse that tells us which day is the Lord's Day.

All the law got blown out ...Paul said Jesus is the end of the law......where this starts is the mysteries, 6 of em shown to Paul gave him a new Gospel.....where exactly.....Rom 16:25

This is why I am so sorry for you
Jesus did not remove the law, that is clear in scripture
Jesus died so christians can be in a Christ covenant
The law does not apply to christians, we have the Holy Spirit and should if we really love Jesus live accordingly to His will, by following the only one rule, love each other and those in the world

I am a new creation in a new covenant, outside this world
I am in Gods kingdom, with The Spirit indwelling and in Christ who is in God

Yet you think you are a Jew under the law

So what Jewish laws don’t you have to keep and why?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Just wondering STA if I don’t keep the Saturday sabbath will I go to Hell, is Jesus that impotent in your church?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   

That’s just a blatant lie, some Jews don’t even turn on a light switch because it’s classified as work, who are you to make up laws, God himself

Paul the Apostle suggested people like you should cut off their wedding tackle
You are like a Pharisee, condemns others to make yourself look good

Jesus was condemned for making a mud poultice to heal a blind man, mixing spit and dust was an offence but you say you know what the laws are and you decide them
That is not Christian, not at all, be warned

Turning on a light switch is not work. And then you call me a Pharisee? Do you not realize it is literally just like a Pharisee to assume that turning on a light switch on the Sabbath is sin? This is exactly what Jesus tried to rid the Sabbath of, these false, rigorous restraints that have nothing to do with keeping the Sabbath holy.

So STA if the law worked and was great why send Jesus, why not keep the law

There is just no logic to your nonsense

Just stop replying and think for yourself

Your response doesn't make sense. If the law wasn't great, then why did Jesus have to DIE for them breaking the law in the first place? If the law was so unnecessary, wouldn't God just have removed the law? Why send Your Son to die for a law you're just going to remove anyways? How ridiculous does that sound?

Revelation 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

I didn’t say the law was over I said there is a new covenant for those in Christ
I am a Christian so I am in the Christian covenant

That’s basic christianity

The law didn’t work, mean, nasty religious people made the laws even worse and started to manipulate the law to hurt each other
Brow beat others and bully people because they didn’t keep the sabath and silly things like that
The sabath was made for man not man for the sabath
God gave us a gift and people like you made it a arduously horrible day by forcing even more silly rules

Please believe what you like, you keep your sabath, I have Jesus i don’t need your silly sabath to make me holier than you or your church friends

There is nothing wrong will telling people they are wrong for breaking the Sabbath. There is something wrong with adding ridiculous restrictions to the Sabbath. You didn't even ask me what I do, or don't do. Someone here mentioned something about not turning on a light switch. That is Phariseeism right there. I did not suggest that. I said, "STOP IGNORING the Lord's Day." It's very simple. Nehemiah, a holy man of God said, and did this:

Nehemiah 13:15-22  In those days saw I in Judah some treading wine presses on the sabbath, and bringing in sheaves, and lading asses; as also wine, grapes, and figs, and all manner of burdens, which they brought into Jerusalem on the sabbath day: and I testified against them in the day wherein they sold victuals.  16  There dwelt men of Tyre also therein, which brought fish, and all manner of ware, and sold on the sabbath unto the children of Judah, and in Jerusalem.  17  Then I contended with the nobles of Judah, and said unto them, What evil thing is this that ye do, and profane the sabbath day?  18  Did not your fathers thus, and did not our God bring all this evil upon us, and upon this city? yet ye bring more wrath upon Israel by profaning the sabbath.  19  And it came to pass, that when the gates of Jerusalem began to be dark before the sabbath, I commanded that the gates should be shut, and charged that they should not be opened till after the sabbath: and some of my servants set I at the gates, that there should no burden be brought in on the sabbath day.  20  So the merchants and sellers of all kind of ware lodged without Jerusalem once or twice.  21  Then I testified against them, and said unto them, Why lodge ye about the wall? if ye do so again, I will lay hands on you. From that time forth came they no more on the sabbath.  22  And I commanded the Levites that they should cleanse themselves, and that they should come and keep the gates, to sanctify the sabbath day. Remember me, O my God, concerning this also, and spare me according to the greatness of thy mercy.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

1) the Sabbath was for Israel not Gentiles or Jews who are Christians today. That would be SDA.

2) Some see one day as holy others everyday as holy. Each man needs to fully persuaded in their own hearts for that matter between them and the Lord.

3) The Lord's Day is not a reference to the Sabbath day but to a future day of his Wrath.

The Sabbath is made for man, not just the Jew.

Mark 2:27  And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

All flesh, not just the Jew.

Isaiah 66:22-23  For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.  23  And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Romans 14 is talking about regarding a day to the Lord. It is not talking about the LORD's day, which all are commanded to keep holy. There is a difference.

The Lord's Day is not the Day of the Lord. There is a difference. That's why God calls the Sabbath, "My holy day". Jesus is "Lord of the Sabbath Day." The "Lord's Day" is simply that, the Sabbath.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

This is why I am so sorry for you
Jesus did not remove the law, that is clear in scripture
Jesus died so christians can be in a Christ covenant
The law does not apply to christians, we have the Holy Spirit and should if we really love Jesus live accordingly to His will, by following the only one rule, love each other and those in the world

I am a new creation in a new covenant, outside this world
I am in Gods kingdom, with The Spirit indwelling and in Christ who is in God

Yet you think you are a Jew under the law

So what Jewish laws don’t you have to keep and why?

You realize, you just said Jesus did not do away with the law? Then look at what else He said:

Matthew 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Because He did not remove it, if you do not keep it, but break it (like the Sabbath) and teach men to do so, you will be called least in the kingdom of heaven. Yes, you will be lost by your refusal to keep the law. If you call Jesus your Saviour, but refuse to stop stealing, you will be lost. If you call Jesus your Saviour, but refuse to stop committing adultery you will be lost. If you call Jesus your Saviour, and refuse to keep His Sabbath, you will be lost. I keep God's law, not Jewish laws. Just became something was placed in the Law of Moses, that did not make it exclusively part of the law of Moses. I am sure I have stated this on this thread. The tithe came before the law of Moses, with Abraham, and it still exists. The law of clean and unclean was known by Noah, before a single Jew ever existed. And yes, that is right there in the Bible:

Genesis 7:1-2  And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.  2  Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

We cannot assume that the New Covenant tossed out everything in the Old Testament. Yes it is a New Covenant, but no, basic principles like clean and unclean, the 10 Commandments, and the tithe are still important for the Christian to keep.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

People should keep whatever they want I would say.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Matthew 12:

At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples got hungry and started to pluck heads of grain and to eat. 2 At seeing this, the Pharisees said to him: “Look! Your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath.” 3 He said to them: “Have you not read what David did when he and the men with him were hungry? 4 How he entered into the house of God and they ate the loaves of presentation, something that it was not lawful for him or those with him to eat, but for the priests only? 5 Or have you not read in the Law that on the Sabbaths the priests in the temple violate the Sabbath and continue guiltless? 6 But I tell you that something greater than the temple is here. 7 However, if you had understood what this means, ‘I want mercy and not sacrifice,’ you would not have condemned the guiltless ones. 8 For the Son of man is Lord of the Sabbath.”

9 After departing from that place, he went into their synagogue, 10 and look! there was a man with a withered* [Or “paralyzed.”] hand! So they asked him, “Is it lawful to cure on the Sabbath?” so that they might accuse him. 11 He said to them: “If you have one sheep and that sheep falls into a pit on the Sabbath, is there a man among you who will not grab hold of it and lift it out? 12 How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! So it is lawful to do a fine thing on the Sabbath.” 13 Then he said to the man: “Stretch out your hand.” And he stretched it out, and it was restored sound like the other hand. 14 But the Pharisees went out and conspired against him to kill him.

Matthew 23:23,24

23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier* [Or “more important.”] matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness.* [Or “faith.”] These things it was necessary to do, yet not to disregard the other things. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!

The gnat and the camel were among the smallest and the largest unclean creatures known to the Israelites. (Le 11:4, 21-24) Jesus uses hyperbole, combined with a degree of irony, in saying that the religious leaders filter their beverages so as not to be ceremonially defiled by a gnat, while they completely disregard the weightier matters of the Law, an action comparable to swallowing a camel.

edit on 4-8-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The Lords day is today.
Today is ignored because man believes that he lives in time.
Today is overlooked because thought stories speak of other times.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain
Yes it is sunday.. and you are here, on a computer, working hard to push your religion. Think about it

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Christ really ripped the religious leaders of his time on Earth. He tore them a new one over their religious behaviors

He ripped on their heinous traditions, and their hypocrisy. Not once will you find Jesus rip on the 10 Commandments. Not once. As a matter of fact, the Bible prophesied He would do the exact opposite.

Isaiah 42:21  The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he will magnify the law, and make it honourable.

Yep, those rascal disciples picking and eating grain on the Sabath. Naughty naughty!

Anyone who thinks that the Sabbath condemns walking through a grain field to go preach with the Lord Jesus, and learn of Him, and thinks to pluck the grains is sin doesn't understand the Sabbath Day at all. That's why Jesus defended His disciples. God says do not work. If they harvested the entire field, they would be in sin. For example, if I plucked a few apples from an apple tree --> no sin involved. If I went out and harvested the entire thing, to bring it home --> that is sin.

So your argument boils down to what these disciples were doing doesn't count as 'working on the Sabbath day', because they weren't harvesting the entire field. But if that was Jesus' point when he defended his disciples, why didn't he say anything about it? Why does he talk about entirely different things?

He doesn't deny that his disciples were indeed working on the Sabbath day, or doing something "not lawful" or something that "violate[d] the Sabbath" (quotations from what he said, as quoted in my previous comment, as applied to the examples Jesus uses of those who have violated the Sabbath in the past yet "continue guiltless"). Instead he brings up examples of those who have violated the Sabbath and yet remain guiltless, i.e. there's no problem with it; incidentally, the examples he uses are people who did concern themselves more with the weightier matters of the Law rather than whether or not someone is ignoring or violating the Sabbath. His points are as clear to me as your 'complaint' about those supposedly 'ignoring (violating) the Sabbath' sounds familiar to me.

Note that there are 2 examples where the Pharisees were basically accusing him or his disciples for "ignoring" (violating) the Sabbath day (see my previous comment).
edit on 4-8-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

What religion would that be?

Do you live in time?

Can anything live in time?

Is there really any separation?

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
Yes it is sunday.. and you are here, on a computer, working hard to push your religion. Think about it

Today is always today.
It is not always named Sunday.

Tomorrow never exists and neither does yesterday.......but man needs the concept of time to exist as a separate thing.

Think about it.

edit on 4-8-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Haha touche! You got me thinking here

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
1corinthians 6 10
biblehub.com...

All things are lawful for Christians but not all things are beneficial
You may be right about your theology but I don’t think so, so I won’t condemn your doctrine
In Jesus I am free, not meaning antonomianism but free in my choices in Christ

If you need the law then good for you, what I don’t get is you think your opinion is better than mine. I am confident my beliefs are accurate, yours are perverted

Don’t think for one second your theology is better than mine based on the few questions I have asked and how you have ignored them consistently

You refusing answering my questions previously posted indicates you don’t know what you are talking about

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Nehemiah was not a Christian so had to live under the law
Stop preaching Judaism at me, I am a christian under Christ’s covenant
I am not a Jew

You can’t answer my simple questions so stop acting like you know everything

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
Below are some additional examples of Jesus / God 'working' on the Sabbath.
I think he would have considered the OP one of those hypocrites who he " looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts"
Mark 3:5

Luke 13:10-17 New Living Translation (NLT)

10 One Sabbath day as Jesus was teaching in a synagogue, 11 he saw a woman who had been crippled by an evil spirit. She had been bent double for eighteen years and was unable to stand up straight. 12 When Jesus saw her, he called her over and said, “Dear woman, you are healed of your sickness!” 13 Then he touched her, and instantly she could stand straight. How she praised God! 14 But the leader in charge of the synagogue was indignant that Jesus had healed her on the Sabbath day. “There are six days of the week for working,” he said to the crowd. “Come on those days to be healed, not on the Sabbath.” 15 But the Lord replied, “You hypocrites! Each of you works on the Sabbath day! Don’t you untie your ox or your donkey from its stall on the Sabbath and lead it out for water? 16 This dear woman, a daughter of Abraham, has been held in bondage by Satan for eighteen years. Isn’t it right that she be released, even on the Sabbath?” 17 This shamed his enemies, but all the people rejoiced at the wonderful things he did.

John 7:23 Verse Concepts

"If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath so that the Law of Moses will not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made an entire man well on the Sabbath?

Mark 3:4

And He said to them, "Is it lawful to do good or to do harm on the Sabbath, to save a life or to kill?" But they kept silent.

posted on Aug, 4 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I see you continue to choose to gloss over the fact that all of those verses claim that it was part of the Old Covenant that God made with them at that time.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join